Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

greddy waste gate relocations done!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 07:22 AM
002-M-P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
i'm guessing your friend can't be running the greddy tt kit on a Z/G.. there is no way possible to vent the tial/greddy wastegates atmospherically with out moving the wastegates. what kind of car does he have?
I did here about someone trying this with SGP (making 3" testpipes from the turbo and then just dumping the wastegate in its current location onto the exhaust), but apparently it melted the block or something crazy like that. I'll try and dig up the thread in a bit.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:02 AM
fito

about time! waiting to here price
Old 01-22-2006, 09:54 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by westpak
This sounds like it will make tranny removal a lot easier.
it makes tranny removal a breeze now. they were able to be installed assembled as shown in the pics on my car. to switch to this kit, 95% of your install time will be removing the current wastegate placement.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:31 AM
fito

DUDE, that paint job looks expensive, to be putting metal objects on it!!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:19 AM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by fito
DUDE, that paint job looks expensive, to be putting metal objects on it!!
lol did i mention i paint too. thats the hood of my vette. 10 coats of ppg 2021 clear makes it so a hammer won't hurt that paint, lol. the whole car is that crazy flame job with the bottom of the car candy blue. 50% of the body i handmade also. took 1.5 years, lol.
i'll stop now so i don't hi-jack my own thread, hahaha.

Last edited by overZealous1; 01-22-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:51 AM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by BoOsTedz33TT
what i mean is that his cars recirculating tubes are off, and just dump in the open air, so if that is safe, why do you have to fab dump tubes if you can just disconnect it
ok i see what you are saying now. i would imagine that to be super loud inside the car that way plus the fact you will be shooting flames out of the wastegate when it vented, the flames would split once it hit the downpipe an inch away and send them to the trans and the fuel lines on the other side . this kit routes it to dump under the car facing rearwards.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Aloharacing

Will there be any issue with the "stock" vacuum lines (length) that come w/ the original kit?
Old 01-22-2006, 01:29 PM
002-M-P

Originally Posted by Aloharacing
Will there be any issue with the "stock" vacuum lines (length) that come w/ the original kit?
The stock vacuum lines are rubber and tend to get hard and crack after a while of being next to all that heat. Just replace the lines with some silicone lines. Even if they are long enough, I would still def. replace them.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:12 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by Aloharacing
will be throwing in some new tubing as the original length will not reach anymore.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:37 PM
t32gzz

I have been running a set like these for 4 months that were custom made by SGP. Mine actually dump to the atmosphere, and sound mean. On Ellas1's car, they cut the flange where the wastegate dumps into the downpipe and welded the hole in the downpipe closed. I tried this the first time and melted 2 pistons. The problem is the heat dumps right on the back of the block.

When you relocate the wastegates, you can get around this problem. I have had no issues since this mod and love it. Did I forget to mention I picked up 30whp with this? The turbulence created on the stock Greddy set up inhibits exhaust flow and robs power.

Glad to see this available to other TT's. Nice job overzealous1~
Old 01-22-2006, 03:05 PM
002-M-P

Originally Posted by t32gzz
I have been running a set like these for 4 months that were custom made by SGP. Mine actually dump to the atmosphere, and sound mean. On Ellas1's car, they cut the flange where the wastegate dumps into the downpipe and welded the hole in the downpipe closed. I tried this the first time and melted 2 pistons. The problem is the heat dumps right on the back of the block.

When you relocate the wastegates, you can get around this problem. I have had no issues since this mod and love it. Did I forget to mention I picked up 30whp with this? The turbulence created on the stock Greddy set up inhibits exhaust flow and robs power.

yea t32gzz, your the person I remember posting about melting parts of motor if it is dumped w/o relocation. thanks for posting so i didn't have to digup that thread
Old 01-22-2006, 03:11 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by t32gzz

thanks. it sounds pretty sick when they vent don't they!!! i was having fun scaring people walking down the street, lol.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Aloharacing

Originally Posted by 002-M-P
The stock vacuum lines are rubber and tend to get hard and crack after a while of being next to all that heat. Just replace the lines with some silicone lines. Even if they are long enough, I would still def. replace them.
I was asking if the relocation will require longer lines.

Last edited by Aloharacing; 01-28-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:05 PM
fito

then you'll have to do new ones.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:05 AM
overZealous1

bummer, had to reschedule my dynotime today. we are building an exhaust system right now and didn't get finished last night. hopefully done today or early tomorrow. so dyno runs and sound clips will happen still, just another day or 2 till the car is ready.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:22 PM
t32gzz

dumping on people walking down the sidewalk is the best. It also tends to scare off the slow cars that thought they wanted to race.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:54 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

Originally Posted by overZealous1
this kit is designed to vent under the car and not back into the exhaust also, these angle towards eachother, and on my car really didn't seem to be to loud from the inside of the car.
no they dump into the atmosphere, just took them off, they face down on the exhaust, the car has had numerious dyno's and has not needed a relocation of the tube
Old 01-23-2006, 08:07 PM
overZealous1

if you read t32gzz's post above, it sounds as though he had his the same way and it gave him alot of probs. if the "stock" greddy return is just cut off and welded closed, when the wastegate opens you will be spitting flames all over the area when it hits the downpipe (only being an inch away) and scatter the flames. if they havn't had a problem yet, than that is good, but you may want to look at that area before doing muh more testing to make sure no damage has happened.
this is a simple bolt on way that will be entirely safe and will shoot the flames under the car. believe me, at full throttle, you will shoot flames out of the wastegate when it opens.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:34 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

I said the same thing, Pm me price, shooting flames....oh mayne...o..OooOO.oooOoo....OOooooOOOOoo *anyone got a towel *close enough lol
Old 01-23-2006, 08:40 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by BoOsTedz33TT
I said the same thing, Pm me price, shooting flames....oh mayne...o..OooOO.oooOoo....OOooooOOOOoo *anyone got a towel *close enough lol

hahhaa. would hate to spit flames from there, oh wait there was this one girl............. lol. pm sent.

Quick Reply: greddy waste gate relocations done!