Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

greddy waste gate relocations done!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 04:35 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up greddy waste gate relocations done!

got our wastegate relocation kit done and will be final tested on the dyno on monday. install will be relatively easy compared to the original greddy placement. the kit will come with special stainless steel gaskets also so you won't ever have to worry about burning one out again. the first variation of this kit is with the wastegates dumping atmospherically. i was out doing a test drive today and they sound AWESOME!!!! put your foot to the floor and a second or so later, all breaks loose!!! will be getting video and audio of them from dyno runs on monday. here is a couple pics of the prototypes still, sorry for the bad quality, better pics, and pics on the car following monday.
Attached Thumbnails greddy waste gate relocations done!-0120061720.jpg   greddy waste gate relocations done!-0120061721.jpg  
Old 01-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Fairlady_z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK which are the dumps the straight ones or the curve one are you guys going to start selling this product and what are the benefits.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:56 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are the benefits of this kit vs. how they are placed orignally?
Old 01-21-2006, 09:58 PM
overZealous1

yes going to be selling this product. will be available next week, making templates now. benefits-

1. the greddy/tial wastegates vent back into the downpipes at over a 90 degree angle, venting forwards in the exhaust stream and not with it. so when you hit max set boost and the wastegates vent, they vent back into the exaust stream in a VERY disruptable manor costing hp. not something you want happening at full throttle. the tubing dia has also been opened to 1.5".
2. if you have ever had to remove the tial wastegates, it is a very time consuming process that needs to be done from the bottom of the car and from the engine bay and a ton of patience and bruised or cut hands. this can be installed and take a fraction of the time. took me 10 mins to install, yet 2 hours to uninstall the original greddy placement.
3. i personally have gone through one set of greddy supplied wastegate gaskets, so i have made replacement gaskets that are stainless steel to eliminate gasket blow out that will kill the ability to make boost.

the straight pipe is the vent. it looks like an easy part, but clearance is super tight in this area making flange angles critical. luckily, got it all figured out. construction is all polished stainless.
it really is not that loud inside the car, but sounds absolutely awesome when they vent! you will see a hp gain from this mod with out having to boost higher, and the noise only comes from hitting your set boost and the wastegates opening. around town driving or normal driving is not compromised unless you hit max boost.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Fairlady_z33

awesome how much is this mod going to be.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:13 PM
002-M-P

awesome man, been looking forward to these for a long time now.

but what do you do about the stock dp adapters?
Old 01-21-2006, 10:13 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

On ellias1 (667hp z) car he has open wastegates, but there just open and dump underneath the car on the exhaust, whats the difference??
Old 01-21-2006, 10:25 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by BoOsTedz33TT
On ellias1 (667hp z) car he has open wastegates, but there just open and dump underneath the car on the exhaust, whats the difference??
this kit is designed to vent under the car and not back into the exhaust also, these angle towards eachother, and on my car really didn't seem to be to loud from the inside of the car.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:31 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by 002-M-P
awesome man, been looking forward to these for a long time now.

but what do you do about the stock dp adapters?
included will be a block off plate to cap the current exhaust return. on my own car though, i opted to cut that section off and weld a flat section over it. this will be a bolt on kit though. one advantage to removing the original return, is the ease of removing/installing the 02 sensor. i know most don't have easy access to a welder, so a block off is part of the kit.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:36 PM
002-M-P

Originally Posted by overZealous1
included will be a block off plate to cap the current exhaust return. on my own car though, i opted to cut that section off and weld a flat section over it. this will be a bolt on kit though. one advantage to removing the original return, is the ease of removing/installing the 02 sensor. i know most don't have easy access to a welder, so a block off is part of the kit.
Awesome sounds good. So with this i wont have to commit to getting 3" testpipes made right away too. Save some costs right now.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Fairlady_z33

One question im going to get a custom exhaust pretty soon if to say i get this. will this change the routing of the testpipes, No correct??????
Old 01-21-2006, 10:44 PM
XBS
Veteran

So with these I wouldnt need to get the 3" downpipes that are coming out by altered atmosphere right? this mod should be enough? Whats the pricing going to be? group buy maybe? and how soon will they go intro production?

Also would REALLY like to see a picture of these INSTALLED on the car

thanks!
Old 01-21-2006, 10:46 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by Fairlady_z33
awesome how much is this mod going to be.
still not set on a final price yet, but it will be VERY affordable considering all the gains. as of right now i have no dealers and only available through me manufacturing this. the flanges are the main cost, considering it takes 8 laser cut 3/8" stainless steel flanges. simply put, you will not be able to have these custom made for you for less cost out of stainless. there is a wire harness that needs to be moved for heat reasons, and wire wrap is included to further help this. waiting for the dyno on monday to do the full heat testing on this. if needed, header wrap will come with the kit to make sure even road course or auto cross junkies will not have an issue with heat.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:01 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by Fairlady_z33
One question im going to get a custom exhaust pretty soon if to say i get this. will this change the routing of the testpipes, No correct??????
this does not change any other part of the exhaust at all. my prototype 3" exhaust will be finished tomorrow and there is plenty of room around the mounting flange to fit this.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:16 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by XBS
So with these I wouldnt need to get the 3" downpipes that are coming out by altered atmosphere right? this mod should be enough? Whats the pricing going to be? group buy maybe? and how soon will they go intro production?

Also would REALLY like to see a picture of these INSTALLED on the car

thanks!
the mitsubishi/greddy turbo outlet is only 2". the greddy downpipe outlet only goes to 2.25. this is a VERY critical area for flow. this wastegate relocation will help a ton over the way greddy designed it. as things have evolved with turboing the Z/G, the original placement is more of a hinderence for people getting high hp numbers than someone running it at 5.5psi.

my introductory price is basically going to be a group buy. i designed and am now going to be making these with many more products right around the corner.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:35 PM
XBS
Veteran

are you going to come out with 3" down pipes?
Old 01-21-2006, 11:42 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

Originally Posted by overZealous1
what i mean is that his cars recirculating tubes are off, and just dump in the open air, so if that is safe, why do you have to fab dump tubes if you can just disconnect it
Old 01-22-2006, 12:23 AM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by BoOsTedz33TT
what i mean is that his cars recirculating tubes are off, and just dump in the open air, so if that is safe, why do you have to fab dump tubes if you can just disconnect it
i'm guessing your friend can't be running the greddy tt kit on a Z/G.. there is no way possible to vent the tial/greddy wastegates atmospherically with out moving the wastegates. what kind of car does he have?
Old 01-22-2006, 12:28 AM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by XBS
are you going to come out with 3" down pipes?
won't be doing 3" test pipes. finishing prototype on a 3" exhaust that will include test pipes and many other options as a complete package.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:52 AM
westpak
SFZCC

This sounds like it will make tranny removal a lot easier.

Quick Reply: greddy waste gate relocations done!