Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

greddy waste gate relocations done!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Fairlady_z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so what is the kit going to bring and will be able to use with test pipes going from the turbo back.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:18 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is set up right now to work perfectly with the "stock" greddy downpipes. there is not much room around there at all so i can't say for certain they will work with different downpipes, but i'm almost sure they will work unless the downpipe is a super crazy design. now they will work with any test pipe or catalytic converter config. when my exhaust system is done, i will be selling the wastegate relocation and exhaust as a complete package at a good discount on the relocation kit.

i have a ton of research and development going into this system, and that is exactly how it is being designed, as a no compromise system. it is complete from the test pipes to the tail pipe, with the test pipe area being totally redesigned to create the least amount of bends possible. it is completely done on a computer controlled mandrel bender, eliminating any welds in the system that would create slight turbulence unless they were filling the tubes with gas before welding. most would never do this. the exhaust is alot different than anything else available at this time. it has alot of technology in the design. the muffler design is being picked up by many race teams and just got voted the official muffler of nascar for the ability to quite the car and create more power than straight pipes. also using ceramic/stainless packed resonators that are extremely affective in quiteing the system with no chance of blowing out the packing material, ever. there is a crossover being handmade that helps eliminate backpressure even more plus helping again to cancel sound, and will effectively double the size of the exhaust and the quiting effects of the mufflers and resonators. i am creating the packages to make it so people don't need to mix and match pieces. i am EXTREMELY excited to get the thing done and hit the dyno and post pics, as the benefits will be apparent. can't do pics on the car as i don't want copy cats till i am in production. i am at the mercy of the fab shop right now as we are trying to bring 3 new products to market this week on top of their already 12 hour days. best of all, this system will be about the same price as all the other 3" dual set ups that are cat back systems. mine goes all the way up to the down pipe including the test pipe area.

Last edited by overZealous1; 01-23-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:51 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So should we expect to spend 1,000 or 1,500??? or 50 bux
Old 01-23-2006, 11:12 PM
overZealous1

well $50 might be undercuttin abit, lol. the final price will save people about $300-400 over buying separately, yet getting a top quality show piece that works even better than it looks. i have target prices, but the exact dollar amount is not yet determined. target is $1500-1600, but includes the test pipe area. will be grabbing a couple shots the next day or 2 of some of the pieces being made. to custom make a system of this caliber, you would spend double that amount. (cause thats where i'm at, lol) only way i can make a penny is from the bender, making it easy to reproduce once programmed.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:20 PM
RedLeader

Scott-
Can't wait to see/hear it! We'll have to park our cars next to each other and compare yours versus my APS 3". Maybe I'll ask the local cops if they have a noise-meter?

Bruce
Old 01-24-2006, 02:11 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by Aloharacing
I was asking if the relocation will require longer lines, as mine are fixed length SS, set for the wastegates as they sit now. I didn't use the rubber hose that greddy supplied.

aloha, you may have given me an idea here. i will see what it will cost extra for me to make ss lines back up to the original greddy placement as an option.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by RedLeader
Scott-
Can't wait to see/hear it! We'll have to park our cars next to each other and compare yours versus my APS 3". Maybe I'll ask the local cops if they have a noise-meter?

Bruce
i can prolly find one outside of that, lol. would hate for one of us to be too loud and they wait for us to leave, lol. actually, the system i'm doig will be about as quite as you can possibly achieve.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:00 PM
punish_her

Any word on the Dyno and video? Real interested in adding this to my TT install. LET US HEAR HER SCREAM!!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:53 AM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by punish_her
Any word on the Dyno and video? Real interested in adding this to my TT install. LET US HEAR HER SCREAM!!!!
i have been riding the guys big time to get the car finished. my car has been up in the air for 2 weeks and making it so i can't get anything else developed either. hopefully we are getting both the 3" and 2.5" exhaust programmed into the bender at the same time. we should finish it up tomorrow, with dyno and sound clips coming as soon as i can drive the thing again.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:54 AM
overZealous1

here she sits, lol. whaaaaaaaaa. lol
Attached Thumbnails greddy waste gate relocations done!-0125061746.jpg