Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Technosquare L-Spec ECU Reflash

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 05:19 AM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Technosquare L-Spec ECU Reflash

I am thinking of getting the L-Spec reflash to raise my rev limiter, remove the speed limiter, etc. Does anyone know how much this costs. I was thinking it was $395, but it is not on Technosquare's website. All they are showing is the full reflash with tuning which I don't want since I have the Vortech SC and am using the SS box for my tuning.

Does AAM do a reflash that is comparable to the one from TS? If so, how much is it?

Also, I know with a raised rev limiter, I will have to tune my car for the additional RPMs. I plan to use CP Racing which is about 350 miles from me. Would it be safe to do the reflash and then drive the car to CP Racing as long as I do not get in the 6600-7200 RPM range?

TIA,
Zach
Old 02-04-2006, 05:46 AM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Yes, if your using the stock maps and 3.33 pulley. The fuel values are very rich in the high rpm and the timing I think is retarded 15 degrees.

Even if its not your stock maps , just drive it easy to CP's

Do you have the Splitsecond software? Its $10 + shipping.
Even if you don't tune the car your self, its great experience to view it.

Tell us more about your setup.....

Timrod
Old 02-04-2006, 05:49 AM
raptorbh12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the AAM flash is similar but as long as you dont get tuning done at AAM i think you should be fine and it should be around 200 for your "L-spec" flash.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:05 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

I am not a big advocate of raising the rev limiter on a stock motor and heads..Your simply asking your already overstressed motor that was designed to be N/A and never see the HP levels your forcing it to see with a SC, to stress even further and rev past its engineered rev point..Some of the problems that may occure are Spun bearings,snapped rods,bent valves,floating valves,cracked springs...IMO leave it at 6800 since the stock motor does not really make more HP past 6000 rpms anyway..
Old 02-04-2006, 06:18 AM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using the SS software. I have had the car tuned 3 times so I am not using the maps that came with it.

I also have the TS headers, Injen SES Exhaust, Kinetix manifold, the 6MT pumpkin and a grounding kit (for what its worth).

Tell me more about the AAM reflash.

I really want to raise the rev limiter and I have seen countless members who have rasied their rev limiter on stock internals with F/I. I am willing to take the chance and if I do blow it or something happens, then its off to the bank!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:39 AM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
I am using the SS software. I have had the car tuned 3 times so I am not using the maps that came with it.

I also have the TS headers, Injen SES Exhaust, Kinetix manifold, the 6MT pumpkin and a grounding kit (for what its worth).

Tell me more about the AAM reflash.

I really want to raise the rev limiter and I have seen countless members who have rasied their rev limiter on stock internals with F/I. I am willing to take the chance and if I do blow it or something happens, then its off to the bank!!!
Zach, sent mine off to TS for the L-Flash while I was installing the Vortech SC. NO regrets, especially with the 5AT. Returned to TS when I increased the size of the injectors in conjunction with the SSV install. If this is your plan, advise TS of your mods. If you have done anything with injectors or plan on doing anything with injectors, do it before the sending to TS, advise them of the injector change or it will cost you extra $$$.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:33 AM
nizmoz

I would appreciate your opinion for my N/A car. I have NISMO Cams, CAI, Headers and Cat Exhaust. I am going to get the TS reflash to get the most out of the cams up to 7100. Do you think I need to upgrade valves/springs or is 7100 okay on an N/A car? Thanks!
Old 02-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by nizmoz
I would appreciate your opinion for my N/A car. I have NISMO Cams, CAI, Headers and Cat Exhaust. I am going to get the TS reflash to get the most out of the cams up to 7100. Do you think I need to upgrade valves/springs or is 7100 okay on an N/A car? Thanks!
I would at the least upgrade the springs, but since your in there do the whole valve train..
Old 02-06-2006, 02:05 PM
CpraceZ

If you drive it easy up here Zach you will not have a problem
Old 02-07-2006, 06:01 AM
Noah@AAM

The Nissan 350Z and Infiniti G35 run extremely lean under WOT (wide open throttle) from the factory. Through enhancing the ignition timing map, adjusting the fuel map, eliminating the speed limiter, and raising the REV-limiter to ~7100rpm our customers enjoy more power, economy, and reliability. Expect to gain between 8hp and 15hp depending on the vehicle. If you live near Altered Atmosphere Motorsports flashing is a straight forward process. Simply drive over, we’ll link to your factory computer via the OBDII port, and reprogram your ECU - takes about 45 minutes from start to finish. If you are not local, removal of the ECU is straight forward and takes about 15 minutes. The ECU can then be shipped to us for programming.