Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Realworld Turbonetics Dyno #'s.... No Smoke & Mirrors Thnx Sharif/CP Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 08:42 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Realworld Turbonetics Dyno #'s.... No Smoke & Mirrors Thnx Sharif/CP Racing

I had a return fuel system, and Deatschwerks 440 injectors installed by my boy's @ CP Racing. Awesome work done by Bobby, Eric, and Matt. I love this shop !!!!!

For a rundown my complete setup now is Turbonetics 8.5psi/440 injectors/CJ Motorsports return fuel system/Topspeed PRO-1 exhaust/Turbo XS UTEC.

Sharif (@ Forged Internals) and Eric (@ CP racing) tuned the car on a DynoDynamics dyno (Best dyno) to make 410rwhp, and 410 ft-lbs. AWESOME !!!!! These are real world everyday numbers with a very safe tune on 93 octane @ stock fuel pressure and 80% injector duty cycle. Could we make alot more power by running higher fuel pressure? Yeah. Could we make more power witrh higher boost? Yeah. This is a realistic goal for the 440 injectors, and UTEC on a stock bottom end. We made all this power @ 8.5 psi.

If you have to get a tune on the east coast you gotta see Sharif and Eric. I drive 8 hours from my home in Florida to these guys. They tuned my car until 11 PM to get it right. 3 hours on the dyno, and 1 hour on the road. Keep Sharif supplied with York Peppermint Patties and he will tune into the early hours of the morning if need be.

A little info about the Dyno Dynamics dyno @ CP.... This is a load based dyno, and alows the tuner to deliver a more realistic tune. It takes the temperature of the intake charge and makes corrections to the hp#'s between runs to eliminate inlet temp variables, and allows the tuner to see the results of his changes instead of the changes from the difference in intake temp. Good stuff. Dynojet's don't do that. Adding rolling resistance on the dyno as wheel speed increrases simulates air resistance another factor dynojets don't take into account.

This thing pulls like an animal !!! Torques comes in fast and hard @ low RPM's. WOW !!! AFR's look great @ 11.8 all the way through the pull.

410/410... .Gotta love it. Thanks Sharif/Eric/Matt/Bobby.

Respect
JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 02-09-2006 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:01 PM
AmyCroft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Jet

Just one great tune on your car.

Thanks for the detailed information..

Your car will be very consistant, vs. some of the Dyno Queen cars down thier in F L A !

Cheers Amy -

Yes CP and Sharif have a darn good reputation... YORK patties?
- Is that a Nestle's product? -
Old 02-09-2006, 10:14 PM
taurran

Great job!

That definitely looks like a strong setup you've got there. I wonder how that would equate to dynojet numbers?

My only concern would be the effects of getting the car tuned in february cold conditions in NC, and coming back down to florida and running the car in the summer heat. The worst I could imagine would be that the car would be making less power and running a little rich. Are you planning to get it retuned to adjust for the hot weather?

Also, I don't see a huge difference between running 8.5 and 9 psi. In my opinion, a solid tune at 9psi would grant more power and be just as safe (maybe 420-425whp?).

Because of this, I'm not sure if you can consider any of the dyno figures at this time of year, and especially up north, "real world". As we know, Florida is VERY HOT and HUMID in the summer which kills power in our cars. Unfortunately I don't think you'd be at 400+whp (on that dyno) during the summer months. Don't take this as me trying to rain on your parade, because unfortunately I'm in the same boat here.

I, personally, am going to be sticking with the stock reflash until we get some solid reviews on the stage 1.5 kit. I just can't see myself spending another $3k for another 10-20whp. Let's hope Turbonetics can deliver the goods for the right price.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:20 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

enjoy your well tuned and well fueled Z!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:42 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by taurran
Great job!

That definitely looks like a strong setup you've got there. I wonder how that would equate to dynojet numbers?

My only concern would be the effects of getting the car tuned in february cold conditions in NC, and coming back down to florida and running the car in the summer heat. The worst I could imagine would be that the car would be making less power and running a little rich. Are you planning to get it retuned to adjust for the hot weather?

Also, I don't see a huge difference between running 8.5 and 9 psi. In my opinion, a solid tune at 9psi would grant more power and be just as safe (maybe 420-425whp?).

Because of this, I'm not sure if you can consider any of the dyno figures at this time of year, and especially up north, "real world". As we know, Florida is VERY HOT and HUMID in the summer which kills power in our cars. Unfortunately I don't think you'd be at 400+whp (on that dyno) during the summer months. Don't take this as me trying to rain on your parade, because unfortunately I'm in the same boat here.

I, personally, am going to be sticking with the stock reflash until we get some solid reviews on the stage 1.5 kit. I just can't see myself spending another $3k for another 10-20whp. Let's hope Turbonetics can deliver the goods for the right price.
In the heat I can lower the fuel pressure according to wideband to adjust for temp rise. The temp on the dyno was 52 degrees.

The factor limiting psi to 8.5 was the 80% injector duty cycle. I didn't want to go over this.

410 is a corrected hp number. The car produces 410hp @ 29.92" barometric pressure @ sea level @ 59degrees. It is a hp # after adjustments for standard atmosphere. It was adjusted for pressure, altitude, and temperature. This is the SAE standard. All cars are affected by temp rise so it affects all the same. So it is a realistic number comparable to any manufacturers or magazines SAE hp #.

Respect
JET
Old 02-09-2006, 10:44 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by phunk
enjoy your well tuned and well fueled Z!!!!
Thanks Charles. Your fuel return system is working well.

Respect
JET
Old 02-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks JET, glad you back home safe, and are enjoying the power! I was talking to Miaplaya the other day, and this is the fastest TN car I have driven so far, and the open dump tube is SICK!

I am finding that the UTEC produces some of the smooooothest power curves I have seen. It's a lot smoother when you dont have the stock ECU making small changes on you throughout the run, and you have complete control over fuel and timing.

Hope I didnt leave any candy wrappers in your car.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:55 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

what was the correction factor?
Old 02-10-2006, 06:11 AM
MIAPLAYA

Thats AWESOME Jet...Congrats on a VERY fast car....Sharif...what can I say...they don't call you the best for nothing..
Old 02-10-2006, 06:15 AM
blackend

nice power,enjoy boosting...........i cant wait tell my kit will reach
Old 02-10-2006, 07:00 AM
CpraceZ

Larry it was great to see you again, hopefully you had a nice trip back to FL maybe even a faster one lol the car turned out great very happy with the HP numbers and the tune on this car just let us know if we can do anything for you in the future.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:14 AM
TK2005

Those are great results. I was curious how deep ($$$) you are into this project? I am doing the numbers in my head and you are pretty much right at TT money if I am right.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:36 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Hey Jet glad to hear your results and happy everything is finally coming together for you.
Doesn't the UTEC have some kind of temparature compensation parameters that will adjust with the warmer weather????
Old 02-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Hey Jet glad to hear your results and happy everything is finally coming together for you.
Doesn't the UTEC have some kind of temparature compensation parameters that will adjust with the warmer weather????
It does, but we have to guess a little bit, and the temp spread in the UTEC software is 10 degrees C, so there is still a bit of guess work involved. FI should never be though of as "set it and forget it". All tunes/engines will require some user monitoring of AF ratios, so that IF the tune changes, we can make minor adjustments.

I think JET's car is going to be fine in the warm weather. It was actually tuned to about 11.5:1 AF ratio, but its hard to tell on the AF scalling on the dyno sheet. The motor will likely run a little bit richer in the warm weather, but still within a safe and friendly AF level.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:23 PM
roncfpz

Congrats Jet. They do awesome work up there. Now, you gotta post a sound clip of that crazy wastegate.

Ron
Old 02-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Congrats Jet. They do awesome work up there. Now, you gotta post a sound clip of that crazy wastegate.

Ron
Ron, I was surpised at how docile the engine was, even with the dump tube. Makes me feel better about eventually putting the AAM Spec 3 inch Greddy down pipes w/dump tube. It was certainly louder, but not nearly as loud as I had expected.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome, I need some tuning....nice job Sharif and CPR
Old 02-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by Alberto
Awesome, I need some tuning....nice job Sharif and CPR
Sweet results

Also congrats JET on the new numbers folk

I will be making my trip back up to them soon.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:43 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by TK2005
Those are great results. I was curious how deep ($$$) you are into this project? I am doing the numbers in my head and you are pretty much right at TT money if I am right.
TN Kit $4200
UTEC $1000 Tuning $660
440 injectors $350
Return fuel $1000
TurboXS boost controller $150

$7360

Yes..... it's barely TT money.... but I have a full return fuel system, and much better engine managment than any of the TT kits come with.

The install costs on the TT kits are alot more as well.

Respect
JET
Old 02-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
TN Kit $4200
UTEC $1000 Tuning $660
440 injectors $350
Return fuel $1000
TurboXS boost controller $150

$7360

Yes..... it's barely TT money.... but I have a full return fuel system, and much better engine managment than any of the TT kits come with.

The install costs on the TT kits are alot more as well.

Respect
JET

that's $7360 plus labor correct? (you are not including the labor for the installation?)

Quick Reply: Realworld Turbonetics Dyno #'s.... No Smoke & Mirrors Thnx Sharif/CP Racing