Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

TN Single Turbo Install Suggestions:

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:07 PM
chimmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TN Single Turbo Install Suggestions:

This is what I've learned so far:

Purchase metric stubby gear wrenches, and a stubby 7/16" gear wrench. Also, a few swivels for socket wrenches (both 1/4" and 3/8" driver sizes), and a breaker bar for both 3/8" and 1/2" socket sizes. 17mm, 14mm, 13mm, 12mm are all necessary too, mainly in 3/8" and 1/4" socket sizes.

I drove my car on ramps and haven't had to jack it up higher than that.

Does help to know where your nearest metric hardware retailer is, just in case....

also, I'd suggest getting the JWT oil pan spacer and having it drilled/tapped by a machine shop after you get the kit using the included tap for the oil return line. Reason being, Nobody has a tap wrench big enough for a 3/8" tap! lol.

For the A/C line deal, removing the stock A/C line....get your hands on the a/c line removal tool from Nissan or a discount auto parts. I pried the snot out of the stock line, so it's unusable now, haha. There's a spring inside the sucker that won't let you just pull it off. Putting the new line on is simple.

Buy 2 rolls of 2" wide exhaust wrap to wrap all the pipes, and buy at least 10" long steel straps to tighten it all down with. 8" straps just seemed toooooo short.

Patience is a virtue. And small hands too. Mechanics gloves will help prevent MAJOR scratches and crap on your hands (but I've already got some nice ones anyways). Don't expect to get it done in x amount of time, you'll be disappointed.

It's not a super difficult install if you're well prepared and patient.......but those are just my suggestions so far.

Also, don't be afraid to pry stuff if you need to, get a big ole long screwdriver and use that 1/2" breaker bar too. Trust me on that.

Grease will be good too, for screwing the nuts on the studs to hold the WG recirc tube in place. And swivels for it. That part really wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

A crowsfoot socket in 17mm might help in tightening the 4th turbine discharge bolt. Keep that in mind.

If I come up with anything else, I'll add it later.

btw, during the install it'll probably be a good idea to buy spark plugs. I got 1 step colder iridiums. Gapped 'em at .035"