Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Custom Fuel Rails

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:39 PM
atlsupdawg#2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Fuel Rails

Hey guys I had posted this topic once before and got a lot of good feed back. Basically it was stated that this may not work because of the space constraint between the rail and the lower plenum. I figured a way around this would be to machine the rail so that the injectors sit a little further up into it.

As mentioned in my previous thread I have a set of 720cc peak/hold injectors from back in my Supra days that I've just never got around to selling. Machining the rail so these will fit is cake but I wanted to know, based on these pics, whether or not the bottom of the injector will fit the mani boss without any mods? I really don't want to go through the hassle of pulling the stock fuel rails off if it can be determined here that they will or won't fit..

1st pic is just stuff I used to machine my Supra rail
2nd pic is of the injectors themselves.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Fuel Rails-custom-fuel-rail-tools.jpg   Custom Fuel Rails-picture-050.jpg  
Old 02-21-2006, 10:05 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it may be close. only way to tell for sure is try it or atleast pull the manifold and take measurements. i personally feel that style rail stock will still be too tall.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:02 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you send me one of those precision injectors (i dont have any laying around right now) we can mock it all up and test fit everything. we have spare parts to do it with.

no matter what, we can make those injectors fit... even if it involves modifying the manifold side bosses.

what i would worry about more then mechanically fitting them, is that they are peak/hold. The stock 350z ECU does not have low impedence injector drivers. Running a ballast resister is not really ideal... and in some independant testing i have found that method to reduce response of the injectors and raise the minimum reliable pulsewidth significantly.

Last edited by phunk; 02-22-2006 at 01:04 AM.