Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

UTEC help. Major problem after tuning...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:15 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation UTEC help. Major problem after tuning...

After going to get the car tuned, I found I was in serious, serious trouble. First off, my UTEC didn't have a base map, so that sucked, the guy made a very quick map, so that may be the problem. Anyway the car made before the tune 377 whp and 365 wtq, and was detonating very bad, so after the timing was reduced, I ended up with the worst numbers I have ever seen 337 whp, I am literally sick. I think the problem can be fixed, especially if someone would so generously send me their map from their 8 psi run, it would help, and I could get the car re-tuned. So please if anyone could email me with their map, I would be forever appreciative. A starting point would help, advice would help, anything would help. A little sick and desperate over here.

email:
craiglangford@yahoo.com or obviously PM, whatever, please help.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by craigo'sznprgrs
After going to get the car tuned, I found I was in serious, serious trouble. First off, my UTEC didn't have a base map, so that sucked, the guy made a very quick map, so that may be the problem. Anyway the car made before the tune 377 whp and 365 wtq, and was detonating very bad, so after the timing was reduced, I ended up with the worst numbers I have ever seen 337 whp, I am literally sick. I think the problem can be fixed, especially if someone would so generously send me their map from their 8 psi run, it would help, and I could get the car re-tuned. So please if anyone could email me with their map, I would be forever appreciative. A starting point would help, advice would help, anything would help. A little sick and desperate over here.

email:
Craig,

If you'd like give me a call in the morning 301.330.8835 opt. 4 and I'll see what I can do to help. Do you have the TunerREG or TunerPRP Wideband option?

Hope this helps,
Old 02-23-2006, 07:31 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

can do, I don't have either. I have a wideband though
Old 02-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike-whats the diference between the Tuner REG/PRD wideband? Craig hang in there Im sure Mike can help you out...
Old 02-23-2006, 09:47 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for Mike, he knows his chit and will get your car running right!
Old 02-24-2006, 06:18 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Craig,

The TunerREG and TunerPRO are both widband 02 meters. They are very similar, both have a clear LCD display, and three lights to notify you of knock. These units plug right into the UTEC and are calibrated to read correctly on the UTEC Dashboard - which makes UTEC tuning much easier.

The TunerPRO is about twice as large as the TunerREG which makes it harder to install, but offers some additional options including:

-Knock Sensor (so you can plug in headphones and listen for knock)
-Datalog Knock
-2 5 volt digital inputs (ie RPM pickup, injector duty cycle, maf frequency, etc)
-2 analog inputs for up to 15 volts

Basically, if you have the UTEC the TunerREG is more than sufficient for most everyone. The TunerPRO is great for people using a system where they need to datalog add'l inputs and/or would like to use headphones and listen for knock while tuning.

If you have either the UTEC TunerREG or TunerPRO and are having trouble tuning, you could do a UTEC datalog and e-mail to us. We can then review your datalog and make recommendations.

Hope this helps,
Old 02-24-2006, 06:28 AM
wong hun xun

you can download the base map from turboxs.com
Old 02-24-2006, 07:12 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by wong hun xun
you can download the base map from turboxs.com
Not for 350Z forced induction.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:28 AM
BobbyRitz

Mike added UTEC to my NA ZR.

TurboXS is around the corner from his shop and he works closely with them. He's a great tuner.

Even though my best run only got 267whp...
Old 02-24-2006, 08:22 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craig, you are pretty close to Charlotte. You should consider bringing the car up here for retuning...we can arrange to do the tune the same day. I've tuned 8 UTEC's so far....great platform for tuning...and lots of happy customers.

The UTEC can be a bit daunting for the first-time UTEC tuner....even if they have experience with other EMS's.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:06 AM
wong hun xun

Originally Posted by westpak
Not for 350Z forced induction.
I know.. he said that his did not come with a map.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:24 PM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by craigo'sznprgrs

email:
Craig,

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your Tune. I am unfortunately responding from a kiosk at the Keystone Trade Show. I possibly do have a map that may work for you, I will have to send it from my hotel later. I have a question, who was the tuner of your vehicle? Do you know if they tuned it with the Speed Density mode Enabled?

A point to note is that the UTEC cannot ship with a FI map. The problem is that we don't know what modifications are on your car and they could make large difference on the way each Turbo Kit is mapped.

If you are looking for a reputable tuner in GA. I would recommend going to Knowledge Performance, off of the top of the head I think they are located in Kenesaw, GA.

I will try and send you the Tnetics base map shortly.

Thanks,

Jermaine@turboxs.com

Last edited by BlackTuner; 02-25-2006 at 12:29 PM.