Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

350ZNV - Project Double Down New Dyno 3/3/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 08:25 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
ok, i went back to the old dyno before the exhaust to look at the torque gain since this graph has the boost spike. so at 10psi before you were 470hp and 466 tq. now you say it is 470hp and 550tq at 10psi!!! just trying to figure out exactly what the exhaust did. if the latter is true i need to see, lol. also, the first dyno says he was on 103 octane. so this dyno was on pump gas?
Same Octane 103.

The exhaust didn't seems to make a huge difference at the lower boost yet definitely after 10 PSI.

Prior to 10 PSI, the torque is lower than WHP. After 10 PSI, Torque skyrockets.

M
Old 03-05-2006, 02:00 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i did see the torque and hp curves smooth out alot over the rpm range, which is another attribute to the X pipe. torque lower than hp at the lower boost is very acceptable for a dual 3" set up. just looking for info from you guys to further product development. i came up with an easy way to straighten the exhaust flow from spiral to linear tonight, and it may make the X pipe even more effiecient.

btw- how was the track event today? i need to come down there more often. the most fun i had tonight was about 10 jack holes wanting to race me in their civics!! different having a cool car in oregon than other places. people here don't expect these things to be fast, lol.

Last edited by overZealous1; 03-05-2006 at 04:30 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:59 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by overZealous1
i did see the torque and hp curves smooth out alot over the rpm range, which is another attribute to the X pipe. torque lower than hp at the lower boost is very acceptable for a dual 3" set up. just looking for info from you guys to further product development. i came up with an easy way to straighten the exhaust flow from spiral to linear tonight, and it may make the X pipe even more effiecient.

btw- how was the track event today? i need to come down there more often. the most fun i had tonight was about 10 jack holes wanting to race me in their civics!! different having a cool car in oregon than other places. people here don't expect these things to be fast, lol.
We can compare notes for sure...If you can make me some great flowing cats that can decrease the noise on my daily driver, 700+ WHP G35C, I will take the exhaust with an SC deal, we can talk... PM me bro.

As for yesterday and The Redline TIME ATTACK...The day was the Sh...

VRT had 5 Cars yesterday and there were some awesome Skylines, Evos, Porsches, and STIs NO DOUBT.

MBs car was spectacular other than the rear JICs being a Lil - No alot, too stiff, he just needs to find the right boost level and improve his skills with the power. He is a great driver, just used to only around 260 WHP and Not 550 WHP. It is a learning curve for sure.

Eagel has his curve as well. He was passing everyone on the straights, yet had a hardtime when he reached the turns at the end LOL...In time...yet that is expected for him as well jumping from 310 WHP from the Procharger to almost 500 WHP.

I ran Eagles car, it is fabulous although we burned up his Stoptechs. With his 500 WHP and weight of his G35C, the Stoptechs couldn't hang. Not that they aren’t sick brakes for most applications, just not write for this level of power and weight...We will upgrade to AP Racing and his car will be complete.

All in all, the day was excellent. I have a great video I am working on celebrating MB's Z and Ed's G.

Coming Soon...

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 03-05-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:26 PM
overZealous1

i still have a few tricks up my sleeve to make it quiter and not take any power away. pm sent!
Old 03-05-2006, 01:03 PM
roneski

Damn.

Ty
Old 03-05-2006, 01:07 PM
MIAPLAYA

While I will agree the tq curve is AMAZING its pretty clear the peak tq number is thrown off by that spike. The curve shows a steady 600 ft/lb being delivered and the extra 90 is just from that spike. All in all very impressive.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:12 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
While I will agree the tq curve is AMAZING its pretty clear the peak tq number is thrown off by that spike. The curve shows a steady 600 ft/lb being delivered and the extra 90 is just from that spike. All in all very impressive.
What up Ty?

At any rate, No complaints here on any steady torque number over 500... Take the spike out and what do you got???

Read some Road and Track folks...Killing Supercar torque with these kinds of performance stats. I will get more out of my G35C this week and post the results.

Yet all that power doesn't mean sh... if the entire car can't handle the power from suspension, brakes, clutch, fly, wheels and tires that is for certain...

Thanks MIA. How are you?

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 03-05-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:14 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by mraturbo
No complaints here. I will get more out of my G35C this week and post the results.

Thanks MIA. How are you?

M
Pretty good Mike. Glad to see you finally got a nice big exhaust for that car. Jim and Clark never cease to amaze me. And you guys, what can I say. How many 500+ HP cars is this now?
Old 03-05-2006, 01:27 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Pretty good Mike. Glad to see you finally got a nice big exhaust for that car. Jim and Clark never cease to amaze me. And you guys, what can I say. How many 500+ HP cars is this now?
Thanks MIA...Means alot coming from YOU...However, I lost count a few months ago and we have 4 more on the way to get dynoed! Give ALL THE CREDIT to Jim, Clark, and Mark B. They are the Mad Scientist and the realbrains. I just drivem, racem, and try to breakem while talking to all you clients or future clients/friends. This isn't work for me, it is a passion.

NOTE: I am shooting for high 700s with my daily driven G. We modified the JWT manifolds and strapped some bigger babyboy Garrett’s. Jim Wolf calls the stock kit GT28s 530s and these on my G 700s, I hope they are really 800s. LOL

NO BS, the smaller stock GT28s that come with the kit are way better for there is absolutely NO LAG especially for daily driving and roadracing, however I have been messing around just for my own Sh..s and Giggles.

I miss racing my cars. I got rid of my roadster and am building a raced out Lemans Sunset Z Coupe. And my G35C has been mellow recently and building miles. We will get her running smooth and powerful for some real NUMBERS. Obviously we are in a whole new realm when trying to make realible daily driven HUGE numbers, we will have fun regardless and maybe with a lil luck we will succeed....PM with digits and I will call you to peep the dyno.

Have a nice day.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 03-05-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:30 PM
roneski

Sup Michael. How did everything at the track go this weekend? I miss my car.

Ty
Old 03-05-2006, 08:34 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by roneski
Sup Michael. How did everything at the track go this weekend? I miss my car.

Ty
It was great. MB just needs to get his rear suspension coreect then he will be unfadable and Ed needs new brakes. I only got to enjoy 5 of my client's cars at the Redline Time Attack and listen to the play-by-play from a built red Z of RS at ButtonWillow. Pretty Cool having 6 customer's cas racing on tracks up and down Cali and kickin ***.

I swear we need to get more Z and G owners at the tracks. There are too many Vettes, Evos, STIs, S2000s, and Porsches. It makes me pist when I know we can modify our cars to put the beat down on almost 95% of them for a fraction of what a new ZO6 or a new Porsche cost.

Z and G owners PLEASE step up and get to the tracks. It is amazingly fun even with minor mods. I see stock Zs with only intakes, suspension, and wheels/tires kicken *** with the right driver behind the wheel.

Ty, You will be driving your car soon. Sent turbos parts to get heat treated and the body parts to the painter.

Going to be sweet.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 03-05-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:21 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

The Time Attack was quite fun. Especially with the VRT Army in full force on Saturday! I will write a full review of my Time Attack experience sometime today and post it up in a different thread in the Track/AutoX forum!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Navygolf13

I am glad you guys had a good time at the time attack. I hope to make the next day when you guys are all together. I had a blast at Buttonwillow though. The car performed great Michael!!
VRT is the way to go!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:02 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
I am glad you guys had a good time at the time attack. I hope to make the next day when you guys are all together. I had a blast at Buttonwillow though. The car performed great Michael!!
VRT is the way to go!!!
Thanks RS. We need you car for the HIN San Diego Show to prep her...Also, turn up the boost and make some 500+ power.

M
Old 03-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Navygolf13

I know, I just do not know how or when I am going to get it to you. Let me know what your schedule is, also I need to get all the pics you have of my car when I get it to you.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:32 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
I know, I just do not know how or when I am going to get it to you. Let me know what your schedule is, also I need to get all the pics you have of my car when I get it to you.
Are they prints or digital. If digital, email then. If prints, Fedex.