Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Need Help Retuning With Return Fuel System And Emanage

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 08:40 AM
MADScientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I just had the electrical connector unplugged, the sensor was never removed from the exhaust...

Last night I reconnected the batt after letting the car sit for 48hrs and made sure that the factory wideband was plugged in (along with every other sensor, vac line, etc..). Then I did the calibration on the LC-1 wideband to ensure that it would be setup properly after having the power disconnected. I also made sure that the emanage and e-01 were etup correctly and that the map was loaded into the e-01 exactly as it was on my PC.

STILL IDLES LIKE POOP!!!! I am really starting to think I am a dullard!!! I know it is hard to believe, but I do know a thing or two about cars...

I am going to try the following tonight:
-------------------------------------
1) The car is damn near of of gas so I am going to fill it up with 5 gal from my gas can. And if this is the reason the thing is idling like this I will NEVER ADMIT THAT! how dumb would I feel then!

2) I am going to turn off the Airflow correction map and turn off the injector scaling all together. This should eliminate the emanage all together. And if it has anything to do with the maps I am running this problem should go away and cause the car to run rich.

3) I have noticed that the car revs up fine when I give it gas and the AFR comes up to 11-12:1 when boost/vac reaches 0psi on the gauge. Then it drops right back to 20-22:1 AFR at an idle. I am starting to think that I have a vac leak. When I installed the AAM fuel system and Cawford upper intake the car was idling at 16-17:1 before I started to play with the tune in the emanage. I have been told that it should have been idling at 14:1 like it have been before I added these parts. These symptoms seem to point to a vac leak. If it was running lean due to a vac leak before i even started this i would think it would be running even more lean with this tune from CJM.
---------------------------------------

Does this sound like a good course of action to take? Or am I just pulling things out of the air? The only other thing I can think of is that I have an injector/s acting up... But again, before I did any of this the car ran and idled completely normal.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:26 PM
MADScientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys here is the update...
---------------------------------
I put 5 gal of gas in the tank just to make sure that the thing was not running out of fuel, when I turned on the key the fuel gauge was still reading below empty. I decided that I would remove the fuel pump assem again to figure out what the heck was going on... Some how the float got stuck on one of the baffels in the tank and it was a ***** to get out. I also re-aligned the line that runs from the bulkhead return to the stock FPR replacement piece, it looked like it was bound up a little. Put that all back together, no problems... Turned on the key, just 3/8 of a tank. next...

I drilled and tapped the Crawford plentum so I could get a vac source for the FPR and the boost sel. I did not like running off of a single vac source for 4 items (Greddy MAP sensor, BOV, FPR, and wastegates) off of a 1/4-3/16 line. Well, I had used pipe tape to seal that, and decided to use silicone gasket maker instead, as well as on the 2 top center bolts on teh Crawford manifold. These both looked like they could be the source of a vaccum leak.
------------------------------

I started the car up and........ STILL IDLES LIKE POOP!!! But there is good news to this story!

I started this with the CJM map loaded just as it is in the file that is posted online. I turned off the airflow adjustment map and it brought the AFR to 16-17:1 at idle. It will idle like this for about 20-30 seconds and then it will drop about 200-250rpm and lean out to 20-21:1 AFR for about 3-5 sec and then come back to 16-17:1 This is with the idle at about 750 rpm with the A/C turned off. I decided that I was going to take this thing out on the road to see what it would do if it was under load.... IT RUNS GREAT!!! 14:1 steady cruise and light acceleration. But as soon as you come to a stop and let it idle it goes right back to 16-17:1 AFR.

I had my buddy with me, so I decided to see what would happen if I got into the gas.... With the FPR set to 58psi (@ -9psi vac on the e-01) and my buddy staring at the wideband I let it rip. At stock boost (5.5psi) the thing goes right to 10.8-11.3:1 all the way to redline. Did it again at 7psi, same result, perfect AFR, rock solid right around 11:1 AFR. But as soon as you come to a stop or push in the clutch it goes right to 16-17:1 AFR...

Could I still have some sort of vaccum leak somewhere? I listened all around the intake manifold and thought I could hear something, but everything else is so loud that it is to hard to tell for sure. It seams like I still have a problem here, but I am now at a loss, since the car is running awesome everywhere but idle/no engine load.

I have done several searches and I have not been able to find a thread where someone else had this same problem. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Agian, I did install the Motordyne thermal gasket, copper TB plate and Crawford intake all at the same time. I used silicone on the bolts that were supplied to block off the 4 holes that hte stock upper intake used, I smeared motor oil on the iso thermal gasket like the Motordyne instructions said, and I torqued everything to spec...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks!