Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy Piggy-Back w/ TN set up....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 04:17 AM
Three5oZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Piggy-Back w/ TN set up....

Im purchasing the TN set up for my Z next week and i already have the Greddy piggy-back set up in my car at the moment. Its programed to modify my air/fuel ratio's due to my last purchase in a larger turbo manifold by SSR Engineering. Needless to say i lost a great deal of torque due to the increase in air coming into the manifold and there being no distance between the canister and the bottom end of the intake manifold. just a huge can for air. ...besides that...

....when i install the TN set up an send off the computer to reflash...will I simply be able to plug in my computer and run the same air/fuel mods without adjusting anything and program from there? (reflash on top of piggy-back and programing.)

I dont see how it would make any bad effects....I assume that the ratios would just simply increase the ones from the reflash by what ever percentages I increased on the piggy-back. If i move the boost up to about 9lbs an some change to achieve 400 @ the wheels would it idealy be safe?
Old 03-30-2006, 07:06 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Three5oZee
Im purchasing the TN set up for my Z next week and i already have the Greddy piggy-back set up in my car at the moment. Its programed to modify my air/fuel ratio's due to my last purchase in a larger turbo manifold by SSR Engineering. Needless to say i lost a great deal of torque due to the increase in air coming into the manifold and there being no distance between the canister and the bottom end of the intake manifold. just a huge can for air. ...besides that...

....when i install the TN set up an send off the computer to reflash...will I simply be able to plug in my computer and run the same air/fuel mods without adjusting anything and program from there? (reflash on top of piggy-back and programing.)

I dont see how it would make any bad effects....I assume that the ratios would just simply increase the ones from the reflash by what ever percentages I increased on the piggy-back. If i move the boost up to about 9lbs an some change to achieve 400 @ the wheels would it idealy be safe?

You need to absolutely re-tune the piggyback. No question about it.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:33 AM
blackend

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
You need to absolutely re-tune the piggyback. No question about it.
+1
Old 03-31-2006, 06:10 AM
Three5oZee

ok...damn, i was tryn to prevent that but ok, so when i install the set up can i keep it at the set boost and set piggy back programs an leave it that way untill ican get a scheduled day to tune it.... can it be driven that way without abuse?
Old 03-31-2006, 06:27 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Do not drive the car without either the reflash or having you piggyback tuned by a prof tuner... its better to spend the $$ on the tune then on a new motor... Enjoy your new toy...
Old 03-31-2006, 06:32 AM
MIAPLAYA

I agree. If you are going to drive the car prior to tuning the piggyback needs to be out of the loop and you running on reflash only...
Old 03-31-2006, 07:12 AM
Three5oZee

and with that answer you made perfect since.... ill just unplugg the piggy...wait for final tuning and go from there... i apreciate the help..i didnt know there were so many people that reply an take it seriously... other sites pretty much waste time. ....
Old 03-31-2006, 07:14 AM
MIAPLAYA

and with that answer you made perfect since.... ill just unplugg the piggy...wait for final tuning and go from there... i apreciate the help..i didnt know there were so many people that reply an take it seriously... other sites pretty much waste time. ....
No worries...
Old 03-31-2006, 01:47 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Yea No Prob, Just take car of that car rather be straight up with ya than see another blown up Z.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:37 PM
theking

or hear......TN blows my motor!
Originally Posted by MI 35th
Yea No Prob, Just take car of that car rather be straight up with ya than see another blown up Z.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:31 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Ya no one wants to hear that! but i mean if you want to sell your kit to me lol ill take it~
Old 04-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't really need the reflash if you already have a piggyback (I assume by greddy piggyback you're talking about the e-manage). There are many people that actually get rid of the reflash to use a piggyback unit. Both can be used, such as letting the reflash control your timing, and let the piggyback control your afr, but the piggyback can do both of those parts and is all you really need. I'm not sure if the TN tuner kit is still around, but you might want to look into that since you already have your ems. You can pm Sharif, and ask him about the TN tuner kit. He'll get you set up with everything you need.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Three5oZee

you hit it on the dot...i plan to use the TN reflash for the timing only... so that my engine can respond properly to the turbo.... the remaining issues will be tuned by the emanage...but what i think i could do as well is use the TN reflash for what programing it has and program the piggy back (greddy emanage) on top of the reflash as if the computer was a stock turbo computer and just go from there as i progress with upgrades.....