Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Taurran TN Meets MaximumsportZ's APS TT (LOTS OF PICS INSIDE)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006 | 09:24 AM
Sam405

Hey chris nice pictures.. =) both cars are beauitful.
Old 04-04-2006 | 09:33 AM
A Keno Star

Default simply amazing !

Awesome cars, nice to see the difference between the APS and TS. Looks like you guys had a great time and Chris and Turran have two of the most beautiful Z's i have ever seen!
Old 04-04-2006 | 09:36 AM
solidsnake

hey tauuran any problems after adding a little bit more boost? whats your a/f at WOT? what boost controller do you have?
Old 04-04-2006 | 09:57 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Zivman's BACK with the return of the APS BRAG!! Get over ur high horse, its obvious that by now, all the systems have similar power outputs, slightly different power curves, and with ANY system, one would be happy.
You are all way too up tight about the APS vs TN vs whatever kit. I was just giving him a little crap now that he got to drive an APS setup.

As far as who's faster, it is obvious that they didn't have any where near the necessary room to make a legit run against each other. In the end, with comparable HP levels, which they have, it could very well come down to a driver's race.

I thought we were all past the bitterness of APS vs TN debates, but apparently not, I apologize
Old 04-04-2006 | 10:14 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Awesome cars, awesome set-up guys-nice rims, body kits, everything 2 really clean a$$ Z's. At the end of the day it doesnt matter who puts down more whp or wins between the 2 of you. I wish I knew a chill TT owner local so I could test-drive the twins, I know the power comes on sooner, but I LOVE the way my ST power comes on
Old 04-04-2006 | 10:26 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Alberto
Awesome cars, awesome set-up guys-nice rims, body kits, everything 2 really clean a$$ Z's. At the end of the day it doesnt matter who puts down more whp or wins between the 2 of you. I wish I knew a chill TT owner local so I could test-drive the twins, I know the power comes on sooner, but I LOVE the way my ST power comes on

Are you going to deals gap at the end of may for the Z meet??? I will probably be there and would be more than happy to let you drive my car....
Old 04-04-2006 | 10:33 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Oh man Id love to drive your set-up man, but I wont be attending ZdayZ-finals are that week up to that Friday when it starts Appreciate the offer though, Id let you drive my slow Z if you wanted anytime man
Old 04-04-2006 | 12:00 PM
theking

Nice cars guys. Those pics look sweet. Taurran, a better apples to apples comparison would be both cars having the same clutch. The JWT/RPS clutches make the car feel a bit different. The first week I had my car I stalled it or over-reved it a bunch of times. Reguardless, glad you guys had a good time.
Old 04-04-2006 | 12:19 PM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Yeah, both of those Z's look really nice. Nice setups indeed
Old 04-04-2006 | 01:58 PM
roncfpz

Chris and Craig,

Very impressive cars all around. Both of you have done an excellent job with your build and mods. Hope to see you guys in the Orlando or Tampa area one of these days soon. Good luck!

BTW - next time I get my car dynoed I'm going to ask for a 20% factor so I can keep up with you guys.

Ron
Old 04-04-2006 | 03:25 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by solidsnake
hey tauuran any problems after adding a little bit more boost? whats your a/f at WOT? what boost controller do you have?
I get perfect 11.5:1 AFR's all the way through redline pretty much. No problems adding boost. I am using the Blitz SBC ID-3 and it holds boost very well. I had a little problem with spiking while I was at the track but I lowered the gain and it seems to have corrected it. Other than that, it works perfectly.

Originally Posted by theking
Nice cars guys. Those pics look sweet. Taurran, a better apples to apples comparison would be both cars having the same clutch. The JWT/RPS clutches make the car feel a bit different. The first week I had my car I stalled it or over-reved it a bunch of times. Reguardless, glad you guys had a good time.
Today 02:33 PM
Thanks. I think you're right on that. I've been really interested for a while as to how a lightweight flywheel and a clutch would effect the feel of my setup. I'm been thinking

Originally Posted by alberto
Thanks alberto, I'm with you though, I really like the way the ST builds power. All that torque is amazing.

Originally Posted by zivman
You are all way too up tight about the APS vs TN vs whatever kit. I was just giving him a little crap now that he got to drive an APS setup.

As far as who's faster, it is obvious that they didn't have any where near the necessary room to make a legit run against each other. In the end, with comparable HP levels, which they have, it could very well come down to a driver's race.

I thought we were all past the bitterness of APS vs TN debates, but apparently not, I apologize
I'd prefer to just leave it at that. This thread was in no way intended to be a contest. I don't have any issues with APS kits or owners, as long as they aren't constantly heckling those around them because they didn't choose APS themselves. That kind of heckling has no place in this thread or anywhere on these forums, for that matter.

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Anyway nice cars....both of them. How do you guys keep your paint jobs looking so new? My car looks like chit.....chips and swirls everyone.
Everyone's car has imprefections and flaws that drive them crazy. The best way to judge a car's appearance is to stand back 10 feet and take it all in. If you get close enough to ANY car, you will find enough imperfections. I try not to sweat it anymore. Just give the car a nice wash and wax and snap a few pics.

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Chris and Craig,

Very impressive cars all around. Both of you have done an excellent job with your build and mods. Hope to see you guys in the Orlando or Tampa area one of these days soon. Good luck!

BTW - next time I get my car dynoed I'm going to ask for a 20% factor so I can keep up with you guys.

Ron
Thanks Ron. Hopefully I'll be able to make it back up to orlando one of these weeks to hang out. Maybe I'll finally be able to make an OZOC event.
Old 04-04-2006 | 03:26 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Are you going to deals gap at the end of may for the Z meet??? I will probably be there and would be more than happy to let you drive my car....

Oh, I'll be there!
Old 04-04-2006 | 04:11 PM
sentry65
the burninator
Premier Member

hmm isn't everyone always talking about how the JWT clutch/flywheel drives just like stock? Or is that some glazed over BS? I've never driven one, but every review almost says it drives so close to stock and takes just a few min to get used to (not that 5 min is enough obviously - everyone exaggerates)

I've been driving a tilton for a year and a half. When I drive a Z with a stock clutch, I feel like everything is in slow motion - which has it's bad points sometimes, but is fun when you're going at it hard

thanks for the great turbo comparison thread! There should be more friendly comparisons like this instead of always falling into what kit is superior BS. When my car is finished I'd love to trade cars with another FI car for a 5-10 min drive to get the experience of their setup and get feedback on my setup - and visa-versa, etc

Last edited by sentry65; 04-04-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-04-2006 | 04:52 PM
theking

Clutch pedal effort is about the same with the standard kit(different pressure plates will make more effort necessary). The engagement point and area of engagement(clutch in to clutch fully engaged) is much different than stock. Sorry to jack the thread. Did I say nice cars! LOL.
Originally Posted by sentry65
hmm isn't everyone always talking about how the JWT clutch/flywheel drives just like stock? Or is that some glazed over BS?
Old 04-04-2006 | 05:23 PM
D350Z10

Great Cars gentlemen! Both cars looked amazing. As for the race, it was not big enough of a run to determine anything... its all for chits and giggles sometimes people forget and care only about the " faster car".

PS: All I can say is that Turbonetics is going turn alot of heads around ZdayZ....
Old 04-04-2006 | 05:59 PM
TBGee35

Absolutely beautiful cars! May I ask where you guys had your engine work done?
Old 04-04-2006 | 06:12 PM
solidsnake

ONE MORE QUESTION. did you put the revised pipe tnetics sent out? how much was the boost controller? pvt me the price and where you got it.
Old 04-04-2006 | 06:21 PM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by TBGee35
Absolutely beautiful cars! May I ask where you guys had your engine work done?
Thanks for the comments.

Japtrix of Lake Worth FL did my install+tune. If you would like to contact them PM westpak he will take care of you.
Old 04-04-2006 | 07:55 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by solidsnake
ONE MORE QUESTION. did you put the revised pipe tnetics sent out? how much was the boost controller? pvt me the price and where you got it.
I have a wastegate pipe sitting around but I haven't installed it yet. I don't see any need to at this point. The boost controller is the Blitz SBC id-3, and you can buy it at most online stores that sell turbo accessories. I kind of got a special deal on it with a trade, so I'm not sure what they're going for now.
Old 04-05-2006 | 08:02 AM
down_shift

siiick cars

Quick Reply: Taurran TN Meets MaximumsportZ's APS TT (LOTS OF PICS INSIDE)