Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Stillen Stage 4 no power gain

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 04:06 PM
atlsupdawg#2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fawk it!!! I'm in an instagating mood tonight

Doc. G, before you reply please insure the funds are "in da bank". Hate to see you write a check your skills can't cash..
Old 04-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hes been saying all kinds of dumb $hit with nothing to back it up, hes a true troll...
Old 04-26-2006, 04:39 PM
atlsupdawg#2

Originally Posted by Alberto
Hes been saying all kinds of dumb $hit with nothing to back it up, hes a true troll...
??

Last edited by atlsupdawg#2; 04-26-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:39 PM
atlsupdawg#2

I know bro.... Sometimes you gotta let **** roll off your back like water.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:03 PM
caucasiancoupe

the original post said no power gains. then he took to stillen. what was the outcome?
Old 04-26-2006, 10:16 PM
nateg35

Originally Posted by caucasiancoupe
the original post said no power gains. then he took to stillen. what was the outcome?
will find out this Friday..will post result
Old 04-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Dr.G
Banned

Originally Posted by atlsupdawg#2
Fawk it!!! I'm in an instagating mood tonight

Doc. G, before you reply please insure the funds are "in da bank". Hate to see you write a check your skills can't cash..
Part of my cash was made from my skills , so don't worry ive got skills that in your wildest dreams you can't match. real driver skills ....not 1/4 stupid run. by the way can Alberto knows how to use the stirring wheel??
Old 04-27-2006, 10:31 AM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr.G
Part of my cash was made from my skills , so don't worry ive got skills that in your wildest dreams you can't match. real driver skills ....not 1/4 stupid run. by the way can Alberto knows how to use the stirring wheel??
What the hell is a stirring wheel? I'm not embarrased to say I don't know how to use one and I'm sure that Alberto doesn't knoiw either. Normal Zs don't have a stirring wheel...

Danny (thinks DR G's skills do not include spelling)
Old 04-27-2006, 10:35 AM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HEY... waddayaknow... I just found a car with a Stirring Wheel

Old 04-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Somebody said it earlier and its true, nobody needs to insult Dr. G because he does a good job of doing it on his own.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Dr.G
Banned

Somebody said it earlier and its true, nobody needs to insult Dr. G because he does a good job of doing it on his own.
i am having fun..but alberto you need to pick up on your jokes , they are getting boring, iam disappointed
Old 04-27-2006, 03:35 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sentry65
My NA Z had a 50+whp gain and lost weight, while a stillen stage 2 gives you about the same power gain and gains weight
50whp from bolt ons? I seriously doubt that. Please shwo the stock dyno and the latest one without your FI unit.

Until then quit BSing.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:42 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by chimmike
Dr. G.........we want proof, is all. If you want to make claims of horsepower, you can, but without anything to back it up, nobody will pay attention.

Oh, and if you ever decide to bring your car to the USA, come to FL and I'll smoke you with my TN kit

http://www.sah2o.com/russ/scmean1.htm

Out of the box kits.

ATI vs Stillen vs Vortech. All same dyno, same day, same test procedure and conditions. Stillen made the most MEAN power which is the most important thing when talking about who will win a race.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 04-27-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:51 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
^^^Look up Rickdogg. 298whp N/A without even touching the internals yet.

Hmm I seriously doubt this. Let's see some dynos and info about this when he got 298? I want to see some data.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:03 PM
rookie

You're calling a lot of people out here, this is not the same Stillen discussion as the g35driver thread.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:29 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX
50whp from bolt ons? I seriously doubt that. Please shwo the stock dyno and the latest one without your FI unit.

Until then quit BSing.

not a problem, call dynocomp @ 480-596-0500 and if he's not busy ask Rich to look up the NA Z that made 272.1whp on their dynodynamics dyno when every other stock z makes around 220. Ask him about the stillen SC Z that made 27x whp

Otherwise I've been to two other dynos - both dynojet. I don't have a base dyno, but there's been several other cars that have dynoed stock on those dynos.

At the Intense Motorsports dyno day, many stock cars were pulling 230-235 bone stock. My car that day pulled I think a 281. About 4 months earlier I did 286whp (not as hot outside)

I also dynoed a long time ago - year and a half ago at AZ Dynochip with Keith. I made I think 281whp there. He said the stock cars were in the "mid 230's". At one point I was detonating with I guess some bad gas and a lean tune at 271whp, but obviously my car wasn't working right back then.

I dunno what else to say.....what else can I possibly do to prove it? I still have a few dyno print outs here and there. You really think it's impossible to gain around 50rwhp NA?

my NA power mods were:

Technosquare ECU flash
Greddy Emanage Ultimate
JWT cams
SSV manifold
JWT popcharger
350EVO throttlebody
Crawford headers
crawford cats
JIC Y pipe
Nismo exhaust
UR pulley
tilton clutch
light weight wheels, tires, rotors, etc

http://www.sah2o.com/russ/Russ%201.xls

Out of the box kits.

ATI vs Stillen vs Vortech. All same dyno, same day, same test procedure and conditions. Stillen made the most MEAN power which is the most important thing when talking about who will win a race.

this is the data from the sport Z article almost 2 years ago. The vortech was detonating and some of the base maps were later tweaked by vortech and ATI.

Last edited by sentry65; 04-27-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:43 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

No sir, you prove with your dyno info. I don't need to call anyone. You make a huyge claim for 50rwhp from just bolt ons. I want to see proof of this.

No base dyno then you have no idea if you gained a so called 50 hp.

How do you know the Vortech was having a problem? Were you there? Sport Z magazine takes everything in account. They know how to dyno cars for comparison tests unlike you and your magazine racing #s.

Like I said, prove it to us with YOUR DYNO GRAPHS.I don't want to hear what you made, I want to seee stock dyno and your aftermarket dyno. If you don't have it then don't say you gained 50rwhp. Because you didn't.

I have done enough research on the Vq for 10 years to know that there is no way possible you can gain 50rwhp from just bolt ons on this engine period.

Originally Posted by sentry65
not a problem, call dynocomp @ 480-596-0500 and ask Rich to look up the NA Z that made 272.1whp on their dynodynamics dyno when every other stock z makes around 220. Ask him about the stillen SC Z that made 27x whp

Otherwise I've been to two other dynos - both dynojet. I don't have a base dyno, but there's been several other cars that have dynoed stock on those dynos.

At the Intense Motorsports dyno day, many stock cars were pulling 230-235 bone stock. My car that day pulled I think a 281. About 4 months earlier I did 286whp (not as hot outside)

I also dynoed a long time ago - year and a half ago at AZ Dynochip with Keith. I made I think 281whp there. He said the stock cars were in the "mid 235's". At one point I was detonating with I guess some bad gas and a lean tune at 271whp, but obviously my car wasn't working right back then.

I dunno what else to say.....what else can I possibly do to prove it? I still have a few print outs...

my power mods were:
Technosquare ECU flash
Greddy Emanage Ultimate
JWT cams
SSV manifold
JWT popcharger
350EVO throttlebody
Crawford headers
crawford cats
JIC Y pipe
Nismo exhaust
UR pulley
tilton clutch
light weight wheels, tires, rotors, etc

this is the data from the sport Z article almost 2 years ago. The vortech was detonating and some of the base maps were later tweaked by vortech and ATI.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:53 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No sir, you prove with your dyno info. I don't need to call anyone. You make a huyge claim for 50rwhp from just bolt ons. I want to see proof of this.

No base dyno then you have no idea if you gained a so called 50 hp..
you're right, I haven't been very scientific about it. I honestly never gave a crap about getting a base dyno when my car was stock when those places have over 10 bone stock Z's making what they are +/- 5whp SAE. I figured my Z wouldn't be that dramatically different stock. I think people generally consider it a 50whp gain regardless though - especially on a dyno day where you have other bone stock cars dynoing the same day within 30 min of your dyno

How do you know the Vortech was having a problem? Were you there? Sport Z magazine takes everything in account. They know how to dyno cars for comparison tests unlike you and your magazine racing #s...
Um it said in plain english in the article - and LOOK AT THE DYNO
http://www.sportzmagazine.com/images...tech_Chart.gif

they said it was detonating and jerking back and forth on the dyno. Enough said

Like I said, prove it to us with YOUR DYNO GRAPHS.I don't want to hear what you made, I want to seee stock dyno and your aftermarket dyno. If you don't have it then don't say you gained 50rwhp. Because you didn't..
right, I don't have a base dyno, therefore I must have gained 0whp and = the suckage

I have done enough research on the Vq for 10 years to know that there is no way possible you can gain 50rwhp from just bolt ons on this engine period.
you just sealed your fate right there - get ready for many people to disagree with you who have done it also or even higher - Doug @ Crawford I'm sure can disagree with you...but I don't know if we're all up to the challenge of disputing your 10 years of VQ knowledge - as if all the VQ's are the VQ35 which didn't come out until like 5-6 years ago

Last edited by sentry65; 04-27-2006 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Stillen Stage 4 no power gain