Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Can someone clarify something for me

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:56 AM
kevinbonds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone clarify something for me

I was just curious about something. I have noticed lately that the price of the greddy kit has come down alot. I know that there is some things needed to make the kit safe. I have seen some greddy tt kits with the e-manage for like 4500 or so. What is truly necessary to run this kit safely. I am going back and forth between, building the motor and going with a single, or just going with a stock motor on twins. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:58 AM
cleanandquick06

ive been investigating that for awhile and so far the onlything i have found that you need to upgrade is your clutch/flywheel. well you dont have to do the flywheel but since the trans is off why not right? but thats all you will really need
Old 05-24-2006, 10:59 AM
cleanandquick06

+ bigger rims, wider tires. you will need the added rubber
Old 05-24-2006, 11:02 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by cleanandquick06
+ bigger rims, wider tires. you will need the added rubber
Exactly how long have you been researching?

Things needed to make the the Greddy safe on out of box boost:

Walbro 255 lph
Timing Harness for Emanage Blue
Tune
Old 05-24-2006, 11:07 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA

Walbro 255 lph
Tune
+1, make sure you get a good install and tune. Also, I suspect that price you mention does not include the intercooler.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:09 AM
cleanandquick06

the emanage blue comes with it, i didnt realize the harness did not, the tune is obvious, but i did not know you had to have the walbro. my mistake
Old 05-24-2006, 11:09 AM
kevinbonds

Walbro 255 lph
Tune
So besides an obvious tune which you would want to do on any kit, all you really need is the fuel pump, and the Harness for the emanage blue. Sounds pretty good. Anything else you can think of?
Old 05-24-2006, 11:12 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by kevinbonds
So besides an obvious tune which you would want to do on any kit, all you really need is the fuel pump, and the Harness for the emanage blue. Sounds pretty good. Anything else you can think of?
If that price doesn't include the intercooler you are going to need that. I know for a fact that kit doesnt come with a BOV so you need one of those too. Plus labor to weld the flange on...
Old 05-24-2006, 11:13 AM
kevinbonds

Default Im a moron

I totally forgot about the intercooler. Since most of the other kits include it, I forgot that you need to add that to the price of the kit. Which puts it right there with everything else, but thanks for the input at least now I know whats necessary to make the kit complete.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:14 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If that price doesn't include the intercooler you are going to need that. I know for a fact that kit doesnt come with a BOV so you need one of those too. Plus labor to weld the flange on...
+++$$$
Old 05-24-2006, 11:27 AM
roncfpz

I totally forgot about the intercooler. Since most of the other kits include it, I forgot that you need to add that to the price of the kit. Which puts it right there with everything else, but thanks for the input at least now I know whats necessary to make the kit complete.
All part of the learning process. I would also highly suggest you speak with a good tuner and supplier like Sharif@Forgedinternals.com to get a complete parts list and advice on a "safe" setup.

Good luck!
Old 05-24-2006, 11:37 AM
kevinbonds

Yea I have been talking with Shariff, I just wanted to get an idea. When I was speaking with him in NC at Z dayz I just ended up getting myself even more frusterated as I am not sure which direction to go. I have so many options.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Metal Heart

Bare minimum
Kit
I/C kit
walbro
Emanage Blue
BOV
Boost gauge
harness
tune
install

You should also consider...
Emanage Ultimate or UTEC
AAM (or similar style) return fuel kit
Boost Controller
Oil temp and oil press gauges
Wideband
Upgraded Clutch (fly you might as well do too)
Bigger tires
Bigger brakes (if you don't have a track edition
Old 05-24-2006, 12:49 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just buy my turbo kit, I got everything you need for sale at a great price!

*USED/REBUILT* Greddy Twin Turbo kit with E-01 and Intercooler Defi Gauges, JWT oil Pan spacer, Oil Cooler, HKS SSQV, turbos have just been rebuilt and are in brand new conditon not installed on car. includes walbro fuel pump. Excellent condition. Greddy Turbo Timer(brand new), reg. Waste gate springs and 9lb wastes springs $4900 *

*NEW* 650cc Deatchwork injectors, clips into to factory harness no modification needed. $450 ( do not need ur stock injectors )

*USED* Koyo 3 row Radiator - $300

*NEW* Innovate LC-1 With 02 Sensor - $200 SHIPPED

Now All you need is a EMS of your choice, there are plenty avail. now.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:33 PM
overZealous1

smooth way to sneak in the shameless plug george, hahhaha. that is a good price though.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Fairlady_z33

Look if your going to keep it at 8 pounds of boost or under this list is good only two things missing is a A/F wideband gauge and one of the most important a J&S Safeguard this thing can save your car many times its like 500 but its worth every penny. Its like a knock amp but it just doesn’t let you see knock it allows you to advance or retard timing when tuning but it will also retard timing if it has too by it self when the car is not running correctly not letting it blow up.

The other things that he said to consider r not needed unless you have the extra money to spend or want to upgrade fro more power and better braking.

Originally Posted by Metal Heart
Bare minimum
Kit
I/C kit
walbro
Emanage Blue
BOV
Boost gauge
harness
tune
install
Old 05-24-2006, 05:16 PM
kevinbonds

Thanks guys. I have most of the supporting mods. Clutch, flywheel brakes, etc. I currently have the stillen stage three superchrager and want to upgrade to turbo's. I really like the greddy kit, and thats what alot of others have been recommending. I like your kit, that you have for sale but I do have some experience with turbos, I also have a 95 300zx tt. Actually just one first place in the stock class at Z dayz in NC. Any way rebuilt turbos make me nervous. Most people in the Z32 community have had issues with rebuilt turbos. WHo rebuilt them Etc? I may be intersted
Old 05-24-2006, 05:56 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Hey Kevin buy my Greddy and I will get the APS extreme and we can do install at the shop
Old 05-24-2006, 07:57 PM
taurran

While you have been looking at the Turbonetics kit since ZdayZ, knowing what you're looking for in your car I'm still going to have to agree that TT's are what you need to meet your goals and also fall inline with what you want to do with your car.

It really depends on your goals, but the APS TT might end up being cheaper in the long run because it comes with enough to get you to 550whp out of the box. Of course, you will need to build your motor once you get there, and at that point will need to upgrade a few components of he kit, but if you're satisfied with 550whp then you might consider it...

I'm glad that you're taking the time to weigh all options before making the jump to a turbocharged setup. It really is something that is best to weigh all your options to find what will fit your own needs adequately.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Thanks guys. I have most of the supporting mods. Clutch, flywheel brakes, etc. I currently have the stillen stage three superchrager and want to upgrade to turbo's. I really like the greddy kit, and thats what alot of others have been recommending. I like your kit, that you have for sale but I do have some experience with turbos, I also have a 95 300zx tt. Actually just one first place in the stock class at Z dayz in NC. Any way rebuilt turbos make me nervous. Most people in the Z32 community have had issues with rebuilt turbos. WHo rebuilt them Etc? I may be intersted
Kevin, I remember you car at ZDAYZ..very nice indeed.

If the turbo rebuilds are done correct, and an experienced shop, they are just as reliable as OEM turbos. We've rebuilt/upgraded a few sets at turbochargers.com and they were flawless.

We're located pretty close to you...feel free to contact us.

Quick Reply: Can someone clarify something for me