Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 10:41 PM
FrickU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh Yes Sir it was a hot one for sure. And we have a lot of pictures of a g doing 170 on the straight away and passing LOTS of cars I can honestly tell you all that i had 20+ bottles of water today because it was so hotttt. Especially when taking the four hour rush hour traffic drive home with a Race VRT car with no a/c in 114 weather.

GOTTA LOVE IT
Old 07-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Navygolf13

It was HOTTER than hell out there! I will tell you this much the $20,000 deal with this is a slam dunk, I did not even pay $20,000 for my car and Michael passed a GT40 and a Pantera in my car on the track! I'll take my car over any of those!
Had a blast and I am sure the ride home in Bonani's car was much fun!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2006, 08:53 AM
FrickU

Well i'm glad that you had a comfortable ride home It was awesome to see the look on your face after you saw what your car is capable of
Old 07-22-2006, 09:08 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by FrickU
Oh Yes Sir it was a hot one for sure. And we have a lot of pictures of a g doing 170 on the straight away and passing LOTS of cars I can honestly tell you all that i had 20+ bottles of water today because it was so hotttt. Especially when taking the four hour rush hour traffic drive home with a Race VRT car with no a/c in 114 weather.

GOTTA LOVE IT
Listen to this NEWBIE kid complaining. He has the best job...He gets to drive VRT cars all day long.

How many of you would complain about driving MB's Modified Magazine SuperStar? This car is a Time Attack Bomb!

M":

Old 07-22-2006, 09:31 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FrickU

GOTTA LOVE IT
Hahaha. Wait....so my A/C doesn't work? If thats the case, take it out! How did your girlfriend like the drive home? Are you guys still together?
Old 07-22-2006, 09:34 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by mraturbo
How many of you would complain about driving MB's Modified Magazine SuperStar? This car is a Time Attack Bomb!
I don't know about that. Not yet. If its a time attack bomb, I have yet to light the fuse lol. I need to get that suspension figured out and all new alighnment settings and a corner balance. Then she will be able to turn the lap times that she should be. When Scott drove my car around Cal Speedway for four laps he loved it, but a few things were wrong. He seems to think that it could be possible for sub 1:50.000 times at the ROVAL when its all dialed in.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:35 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Hahaha. Wait....so my A/C doesn't work? If thats the case, take it out! How did your girlfriend like the drive home? Are you guys still together?
LOL...

Would love to do two laps against your Z with My G from a dig at Cal-speedway..Head to head could be alot of dangerous fun...1:50 is killing it, Porsche Cup car times...My best is 1:55!

What are we doing to this...A Tune Up...?

LOL

Turbos will be tuned my friend. Also, need it tell August 5, Streets of Willow for the Mackin/Volk track day. We need to beat the 1:25 that Scott ran in Ed's G35...

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 07-22-2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:40 AM
FrickU

And Yes, I do have the best job in the world

Haha, That car is a great track car though, but yesterday was LOTS of fun, can't wait till the next one. Here are a few pics...
VRT about to regulate

Michael going 170 on the straight away

Wa2Good AKA "Scott"

Dayton

Navygolf13

Navygolf13 showing what VRT is about

Navygolf13 with Michael driving after Gt40 Regulation

All in all it was an awesome day with VRT, Can't wait for the next track day...Hopefully it will cool off next time

Last edited by FrickU; 07-22-2006 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you lads had a very nice time indeed. Sorry I had so many other commitments and could not make it. I really like that track configuration. Everybody out, everybody back, no bent metal or broken glass.....and fast as heck. Congrats and well done!
Old 07-22-2006, 06:45 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Eagle1
Looks like you lads had a very nice time indeed. Sorry I had so many other commitments and could not make it. I really like that track configuration. Everybody out, everybody back, no bent metal or broken glass.....and fast as heck. Congrats and well done!
Thanks Ed.

Why are you soooo busy...Oh yeah. You getting married...

M
Old 07-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Eagle1

Only one more week to use the club card for Spearmint Rhino.

So, how about easing the pain for a condemned man, and putting up some sterling video from your track day yesterday?

By the way, I have been driving the G on my street wheels (Enkei 19" forged one piece A&L Racing Series with 245 up front and 275 rear...very small compared to the track shoes) and wastegate boost, and it is such a beast for the highway. It is totally fine and civil on the street and highway, but just a "squirt" on the freeway on ramp, or through a turn.....and it is so awesome.

I am building an addition to the house, and doing some serious remodeling with bathroom additions and new kitchen etc (that sort of thing happens when you get married, by the way), and putting in a new four car garage with a two suites above for my older kids and family visitors. The good part of this is that one of the garage bays is going to have a lift in it, and a short pit, with an extension off the end for tools, wheel and tire storage, etc., and in the setback area I have a 40' pad to put the trailer and truck tandem, tucked under a shelter roof. Invisible from the house (the neighbor might be a little torqued over it), and yet right there.

Last edited by Eagle1; 07-22-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:11 PM
abyss

Navygolf13 thats a beautiful Z you have there . I hate red but that made me take a second glance when scrolling down.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:26 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by Eagle1
Only one more week to use the club card for Spearmint Rhino.

So, how about easing the pain for a condemned man, and putting up some sterling video from your track day yesterday?

By the way, I have been driving the G on my street wheels (Enkei 19" forged one piece A&L Racing Series with 245 up front and 275 rear...very small compared to the track shoes) and wastegate boost, and it is such a beast for the highway. It is totally fine and civil on the street and highway, but just a "squirt" on the freeway on ramp, or through a turn.....and it is so awesome.

I am building an addition to the house, and doing some serious remodeling with bathroom additions and new kitchen etc (that sort of thing happens when you get married, by the way), and putting in a new four car garage with a two suites above for my older kids and family visitors. The good part of this is that one of the garage bays is going to have a lift in it, and a short pit, with an extension off the end for tools, wheel and tire storage, etc., and in the setback area I have a 40' pad to put the trailer and truck tandem, tucked under a shelter roof. Invisible from the house (the neighbor might be a little torqued over it), and yet right there.

Sounds fun Ed! Congrats on the wedding!
Old 07-22-2006, 07:37 PM
rookie

Originally Posted by abyss
Navygolf13 thats a beautiful Z you have there . I hate red but that made me take a second glance when scrolling down.
Very very badass Z, as is 350ZNV's as well. Here are some more photos.

Old 07-22-2006, 07:44 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Thanks rookie! I am glad the way you like the way my Z looked on a jack torn apart lol . Your FX definately looks sick in person, very mean looking. Best FX I have seen by far.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:08 PM
abyss

All of you VRT guys have some nice rides, I'm not sure who owns it but my favorite is the ultra yellow with the stillen lip and hood. <3 What kit is that on Navygolf13's car? I like that rear.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Eagle1

Navygolf's car is beyond amazing. It has an incredible sound system as well as body kit treatment, and he keeps it looking like a concours car. It is the best of both the world of performance, and show. It is the real deal.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:43 PM
abyss

ooh (sorry OTing again :P ) I gotta see this sound system. Building sound systems has been my greatest hobby since I was in jr high and I love admiring others work. Even though I hate red, the more red Z's I see on this site make me want one. Something about these red coupes just grab you.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:07 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by abyss
All of you VRT guys have some nice rides, I'm not sure who owns it but my favorite is the ultra yellow with the stillen lip and hood. <3 What kit is that on Navygolf13's car? I like that rear.
Thanks alot...... The yellow Z was Mike Smart's (vision619) car (sold now) and Bob's (NavyGolf's) car has only the Vielside rear clip, a Stillen rear wing, and a Stillen front lip. Looks great that way.... not too ricey...

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 07-22-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:09 PM
FrickU

Congrats Ed with the wedding, And yes Viete has the baddest SUV on the planet...The most comfortable and sick SUV I have ever been in. And NavyGolf's car is my favorite Nissan 350z i have ever seen. I think Bob gets tired of seeing me because every time I see him, I tell him i love his car

Last edited by FrickU; 07-23-2006 at 02:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT