Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

500+HP Stillen 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 09:19 PM
wilric44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least the guy is honest. You cannot shoot the guy down if he does not understand the dynamics of HP. We should educate him and explain that is not how it works. He is only going buy what manufacturers are stating not by a dyno so maybe his math is right but his analysis is wrong. This forum is suppose to one that helps and teaches I thought. Now that the guy has explained how he caluclated his numbers we need to explain to him that is not how it works, not how incompentent he is.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:24 PM
kevinbonds

makes sense, but you would think that before one would make a major investment in mods he would have an idea of what he is purchasing, not to mention he said there is over $75,000 invested in the car, in my opinion I honestly believe he us looking for an uneducated buyer to take advantage of.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:26 PM
kevinbonds

oh and by the way after many lengty conversations with stillen they will make absolutly no claims on how much the stage 4 kit increases horsepower. They simply state its and upgrade and should prove to increase horsepower. It only adds about on PSI so not possible to add 50HP.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:31 AM
wilric44

That is how our country operates. Do you bash dealers who increase the MSRP 10gs? We simply pay the increase cost. If the kid wants to seel his car for a million and advertise 1000hp that is his option. He will be the one standing before the judge. I do not think there is a 350z owner in this country that has not read this thread. We have members 80 years old, so I think the numbers on FI on a 350Z is explained well onthis site. Only mistake I made was purchasing my car before I joined this site. I probably would of gotten a manual but with all these damn rocks in Iraq I do not think my knees will any good when I get back.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:05 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by wilric44
That is how our country operates. Do you bash dealers who increase the MSRP 10gs? We simply pay the increase cost. If the kid wants to seel his car for a million and advertise 1000hp that is his option.
you are comparing apples and oranges. Dealers selling cars over MSRP is not illegal. It's called supply and demand. If there is more demand than supply the price goes up. On the other hand falsely advertising claims to make a sale is illegal.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Z ELIMINATOR

Default dyno on 5 AT stage 4.

307 Rwhp. No fuel pump up grade or bigger injecter. 8 lbs of boost on gauge. Car has headers and stillen exhaust plus stillen cold air intake. Tried random cats and the car lost 6 rwhp. Still have the stage 2 box running the car on 94 0ctane. Also have the stillen Vb. Car run 13.0 on street tires. Runs well.
I now have a 9 lb pulley on it and it screams. I also use lucas octane boost so the ocatane is around 96 to 97.
Went to the track and ran VP 103 and the car ran 13.12 on slicks!!!!. Too much ocatne. No top end. Very disappionting day at the track.
My friend i am porting the blower and adding the rest of the stillen up grades and at 10 lbs boost it may make 342 to 345 rwhp. That it! The headers are costing me 3/4 lb of boost or 11 Rwhp. Thats all the m 62 blower can make!
I will be happy with 325.
Any body who tells you any other #'s is pulling your leg or has done more to the car like adding a 35 shot of nitrous.
Before i can run the 10lb pulley you have to find a smaller 6 rib belt to fit for the 28.8 belt will be too big.
With the radom cats on the car and the screaming of the SC at 6500 rpm under a bridge it sound increadable!!
Nice sound but not as quick as a twin turbo.
345 RWHP on a 5 AT is 415 to 420 at the crank. Thats it.
And thats on 10 lbs off boost.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:48 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

emailed the guy today and told him he was the laughing stock of all the 350Z and G35 forum sites . I told him he was getting about what his car was worth....$23,000 current bid . He said he had offers for $45,000.00 for it......LMFAO
Old 07-11-2006, 10:14 PM
wilric44

Originally Posted by Gman2004
you are comparing apples and oranges. Dealers selling cars over MSRP is not illegal. It's called supply and demand. If there is more demand than supply the price goes up. On the other hand falsely advertising claims to make a sale is illegal.
How is this apples and oranges. Who drives up MSRP, consumers. If a consumer adds parts to a vehicle and state the claims of the product, where is this illegal. Let the buyer beware. Are the producers stating illegal numbers when they claim 18 hp gains for an exhaust. We all know that is not possible but is it illegal. If the guy adds up the HP to the products he purchased he is merely stating marketing numbers.

Doe the 350Z produce 300 HP? NO so are the dealers worng for stating incorrect numbers. No because some consumers know better. IN the beginning I thought the Z produce 278HP until I found out about the meaning of crank HP. This is just business. He is probably a little uneducated in the FI area, but if he sells his car he is a good businessman. We cannot hate the player, we just hate the game.

This guy probably is not getting any sleep at night now because he found out that his money did not create 500HP. In the end it is his fault for not researching. So now he is really trying to get his monies worth.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:42 PM
wilric44

Originally Posted by Z ELIMINATOR
307 Rwhp. No fuel pump up grade or bigger injecter. 8 lbs of boost on gauge. Car has headers and stillen exhaust plus stillen cold air intake. Tried random cats and the car lost 6 rwhp. Still have the stage 2 box running the car on 94 0ctane. Also have the stillen Vb. Car run 13.0 on street tires. Runs well.
I now have a 9 lb pulley on it and it screams. I also use lucas octane boost so the ocatane is around 96 to 97.
Went to the track and ran VP 103 and the car ran 13.12 on slicks!!!!. Too much ocatne. No top end. Very disappionting day at the track.
My friend i am porting the blower and adding the rest of the stillen up grades and at 10 lbs boost it may make 342 to 345 rwhp. That it! The headers are costing me 3/4 lb of boost or 11 Rwhp. Thats all the m 62 blower can make!
I will be happy with 325.
Any body who tells you any other #'s is pulling your leg or has done more to the car like adding a 35 shot of nitrous.
Before i can run the 10lb pulley you have to find a smaller 6 rib belt to fit for the 28.8 belt will be too big.
With the radom cats on the car and the screaming of the SC at 6500 rpm under a bridge it sound increadable!!
Nice sound but not as quick as a twin turbo.
345 RWHP on a 5 AT is 415 to 420 at the crank. Thats it.
And thats on 10 lbs off boost.
I am sure Stillen does not recommend headers with their SC. The HP gains are going to be low with a 5AT. I purchased the SC for the guarantee. Once the car is paid for and thier are transmission upgrades I might seek more power. My car is fun. I beleive in crawling first. I wanted the 400 HP car at first, but I thought it is better to get the feel first. I will go as far as Stage 3 with Stillen. It would be nice if someone turn a 350Z into all wheel drive.

Stillen does claim 410 HP with the Stage 3 kit. If that was possible everyone would have a Stage 3 kit.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Gman2004

Doe the 350Z produce 300 HP? NO so are the dealers worng for stating incorrect numbers.
yes they do. crank horspower. if they were claiming 300whp that's a different story, but nothing wrong with them claiming 300hp when that's what the motor is putting out at the crank.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:12 AM
wilric44

To be honest before I joined this site I did not know crank HP from whp. I did feel like a heel once I found out I only had 247 on a stock Z. NO one is the dealership volunteered that information either. It was a learning process for me but I definately have no problems with it now. It is a big upgrade from a Honda Accord.

Last edited by wilric44; 07-13-2006 at 02:17 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My question is, although it is not necessary, you would think that when he got the car tuned it would be on a dyno. You know? I mean he kinda hyped up the tuner he claims to have gone to and from what I know MOST, not all, but most good tuners have a dyno or access to one.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:36 PM
TTRANK

First off the Stillen can't be tuned so he did not get the car tuned.

That thing has the 03' stage 3 pulley, the stage 4 "upgrade" changes the pulley to a silver one.

Anyone who got all that internal work done to their Z would not have a stillen SC, they would have a TT or ST. And they would have listed all the engine work in the auction.

Anyone who got all that work done would have gotten a dyno done to see if the money was worth it.

As for the Stage 4 HP numbers, Stillen told me that the stage 4 kit gives 35-40hp and their 350Z made ~350whp with the stage 4. They say not to get headers or high-flow cats because you will loose boost and lean out. Since the kit can't be tuned without a new piggy-back it is just easier for them to say don't do it. I can imagine a stage 5 with headers+test pipes along with an even smaller pulley and a re-flash of the split second box getting a bit more out of it but I don't think that anyone will ever see above 370whp with this kit.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:11 PM
wilric44

I have RT CATs on my Z. I did not know they would affect the SC. Stillen sold them to me so I assume it did not matter. I agree though one your upgrade your internals you should go ST or TT. I have to keep that in mind when I do mine. It really does not make since to dyno any car that is not making more than 8psi.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:14 PM
rookie

It really does not make since to dyno any car that is not making more than 8psi.
Hope you know your A/F.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:41 AM
wilric44

I know the A/F is the same as when I purchased the car. I wish I had to time to learn the lingo and spend in the shops but not at this moment. Heck I am preparing for my Doctoral studies next Sept. I need to have a good job to supoort my FI habit. So as longs as the gas flows and I can have fun from time to time I am satisfied.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:43 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TIMMAHH
First off the Stillen can't be tuned so he did not get the car tuned.

That thing has the 03' stage 3 pulley, the stage 4 "upgrade" changes the pulley to a silver one.

Anyone who got all that internal work done to their Z would not have a stillen SC, they would have a TT or ST. And they would have listed all the engine work in the auction.

Anyone who got all that work done would have gotten a dyno done to see if the money was worth it.

As for the Stage 4 HP numbers, Stillen told me that the stage 4 kit gives 35-40hp and their 350Z made ~350whp with the stage 4. They say not to get headers or high-flow cats because you will loose boost and lean out. Since the kit can't be tuned without a new piggy-back it is just easier for them to say don't do it. I can imagine a stage 5 with headers+test pipes along with an even smaller pulley and a re-flash of the split second box getting a bit more out of it but I don't think that anyone will ever see above 370whp with this kit.
just got off the phone with sam and they will have a larger blower out by the end of the year.no word on price and i hinted at 400rwhp and he would not confirm or deny.it will work with the hood and the stage 4 kit though.and he wouldnt say if its the m90 blower or not,if it is it could get interesting.

Quick Reply: 500+HP Stillen 350Z