Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Very Happy w/ Vortech #'s (Dyno Tuned)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006 | 06:43 PM
booger

Originally Posted by Triji
I have the stock fuel set up and what came with the full Vortech Kit.

I am thinking about upgrading in the future to 440's and a Walbro pump... Prolly when I do the Cams, pistons and rods.

I am also thinking about going with the E-manage Ultimate as well.... The SS box is very old school to tune as well and very slow where as the E-manage is live.
Its not as capable as some of the EMU's . But it isnt all that bad . JWT TT kit uses it , so it must be able to do the job...right ????
Old 07-08-2006 | 07:54 PM
sentry65
the burninator
Premier Member

well if the gains on the crawford end up being that much better, I might end up ditching the SSV and the CJM manifold if it has some better gains

Last edited by sentry65; 07-08-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-09-2006 | 06:50 AM
Nealoc187

Originally Posted by booger
. JWT TT kit uses it , so it must be able to do the job...right ????
Heh, if JWT uses it, that is reason enough right there not to get it.
Old 07-09-2006 | 07:50 AM
JoeDirtPharmD

I will ask him the next time i get her tuned... I am considering going with the Kinetix SSV soon so I will have to get another tune done.

I hear that the SSV is bunk for N/A but with FI it should give some pretty good gains... I talked my shop into giving me a SSV to try out and get a tune w/ it... They will pay for 1\2 the tune and I will buy the SSV is it makes more HP & TQ than the Crawford...

Otherwise they will pay for my re-tune to the Crawford and take back the SSV...

Not a bad deal if I do say so...

The AF on that chart is all over the place but is much better then when I first got there... I was running pig rich at 9.6 at WOT before the tune... She runs very smooth now and the pull is great!
Tell you what - I'm not a fan of the SSV (have one myself), but if you wanna schedule a time over at AZDynoChip (or DynoCOmp - either/or), we should go pull some runs, and I'll let you use my SSV and you can run a comparison to see if it's better/worse for your FI application?

I need to go there soon anyways to see what the change in #'s were with the water/meth injection

Last edited by JoeDirtPharmD; 07-09-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-09-2006 | 07:53 AM
FrickU

Congratulations...Have Fun With It
Old 07-09-2006 | 09:15 AM
Triji

Originally Posted by JoeDirtPharmD
Tell you what - I'm not a fan of the SSV (have one myself), but if you wanna schedule a time over at AZDynoChip (or DynoCOmp - either/or), we should go pull some runs, and I'll let you use my SSV and you can run a comparison to see if it's better/worse for your FI application?

I need to go there soon anyways to see what the change in #'s were with the water/meth injection

Hey Joe!

Thanks... I have one coming in soon and have almost it scheduled for install / tune... I have it worked out that I will only buy it if it increases HP & T... If it doesn't then they will take it off and re-install the Crawford Plenum...

It will make for a long day... I have to get it tuned for the SSV to make the comparo fair...
Old 07-11-2006 | 08:48 PM
G.Ride

I have the stock fuel set up and what came with the full Vortech Kit.

I am thinking about upgrading in the future to 440's and a Walbro pump... Prolly when I do the Cams, pistons and rods.

I am also thinking about going with the E-manage Ultimate as well.... The SS box is very old school to tune as well and very slow where as the E-manage is live.

Trij, just save up a little more for UTEC or Unichip
Old 07-11-2006 | 09:45 PM
Triji

Originally Posted by G.Ride
Trij, just save up a little more for UTEC or Unichip
I heard alot of horror stories about the Utec... I am not too confortable with that set up.
Old 07-11-2006 | 10:59 PM
sentry65
the burninator
Premier Member

the only alternative I'd consider to the emanage ultimate would be the unichip - only because I live so close to a shop that can tune one

I think the UTEC is VERY capable, but not bug free enough to warrent a $1500 piggyback by the time you buy all the harnesses and crap
Old 07-11-2006 | 11:30 PM
dscheers

Subscribing for numbers Crawford vs SSV
Old 07-12-2006 | 04:56 AM
Bullitproof

Originally Posted by sentry65
the only alternative I'd consider to the emanage ultimate would be the unichip - only because I live so close to a shop that can tune one

I think the UTEC is VERY capable, but not bug free enough to warrent a $1500 piggyback by the time you buy all the harnesses and crap
MRC is selling the UTEC, map sensor, map selector and upgraded injectors for 1399.
utec 925
map sensor 120
map selector 80

Plus jermaine from turboxs came out with a fix that had been plauging some of the units.
Old 07-13-2006 | 03:32 PM
vantage350z

Just finished uninstalling my SSV. My car ran about a 1/2 a second slower in the 1/4 mile with the SSV. Putting my crawford back on. IMHO the SSV is garbage. at least for NA. Just sold the SSV on ebay for 30 less than what I paid for it. SO 30 bucks to test it out wasn't bad at all...
Old 07-13-2006 | 07:34 PM
Triji

Well tomorrow is test day! I have a 9am appointment... I will post the results up tomorrow night after I get home from work around 9PM (AZ time)

I will try to remember to bring my camera so I can take pics to help document the testing.
Old 07-19-2006 | 03:19 AM
Mr_pharmD

Well tomorrow is test day! I have a 9am appointment... I will post the results up tomorrow night after I get home from work around 9PM (AZ time)

I will try to remember to bring my camera so I can take pics to help document the testing.

I think its a scam to get u to buy the ssv. Your a/f is everywhere so if they sell u the ssv and the tuner is able to get a linear a/f to 11.5 then of course u will see better hp/tq.

Also, by the way... do u or anyone know how much hp/tq the stock injectors + fmu + inline pump can produce? I'm wondering if all i need to run ~380-390hp safely is to upgrade to 380cc injectors + fmu + inline pump + ss box.

Last edited by Mr_pharmD; 07-19-2006 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-19-2006 | 11:03 AM
dscheers

LOL with their delays on shipping...

I'm thinking that the stock injectors are good for a safe 280HP. That said, I ran 370WHP on a stock fuel system with an inline pump and Aeromotive FMU...

Danny

BUMP FOR THE NUMBERS BTW...

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
I think its a scam to get u to buy the ssv. Your a/f is everywhere so if they sell u the ssv and the tuner is able to get a linear a/f to 11.5 then of course u will see better hp/tq.

Also, by the way... do u or anyone know how much hp/tq the stock injectors + fmu + inline pump can produce? I'm wondering if all i need to run ~380-390hp safely is to upgrade to 380cc injectors + fmu + inline pump + ss box.
Old 07-19-2006 | 11:07 AM
sentry65
the burninator
Premier Member

Triji's A/F is bumpy because there's only so much resolution with the SS box. Basically you only can adjust it every 500 rpms. And you have to do it by %, not by points. Basically it doesn't have as much in between resolution to work with and doesn't have as many other features to tweak it further, but it does get the job done. The A/F is within the range it should be in
Old 07-19-2006 | 01:43 PM
InZomniac

Bump to get Triji to update for you guys.
Old 07-19-2006 | 06:19 PM
Triji

I'll have more info soon.... The test I was going to run got screwed and I dont want to post the charts being that they are not accurate do to fuel octane...
Old 07-19-2006 | 06:58 PM
booger

Originally Posted by sentry65
Triji's A/F is bumpy because there's only so much resolution with the SS box. Basically you only can adjust it every 500 rpms. And you have to do it by %, not by points. Basically it doesn't have as much in between resolution to work with and doesn't have as many other features to tweak it further, but it does get the job done. The A/F is within the range it should be in
Sentry
You can change the A/F by reducing the number in the cell you are trying to change . you can also change it by % . But your right, 500 rpm increments isnt ideal by any means . I ended up doing it all...A/F and timing by MAP . You have alot more control and can even out the A/F easier
Old 07-20-2006 | 05:03 PM
rookie

Bump, what happened?

Quick Reply: Very Happy w/ Vortech #'s (Dyno Tuned)