Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

RUN WITH A FERRARI / VRT Style - (Cont)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 04:13 PM
roneski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Anyone know what VRT charges for a basic TT install (no gauges or extras). From what I understand, their prices are very mainstream market prices, and they arent whoring out labor or parts.
Don't quote me as I'm not sure if there have been any changes but I think that it was $9500 before tax.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen up folks - just because your opinion differs from mine doesn't make you right or me wrong - or me right and you wrong - take your car where ever you feel most comfortable.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:30 PM
bigbri

Nice vid makes me want to track the car....but all the cars you guys are flying by arn't going WOT they are waving you by....soo..nice vid but I bet if the drivers in the c6z06 or ford gt were going all out there would be no fly bys or passing on any turns... And Philthy don't let him bother you he's a hard headed sob that speaks his mind..But I do agree with him most of the time
Old 07-27-2006, 04:51 PM
RevLimitZ

This is quite possibly the most pointless thread i've ever read. It's very redundant, and it repeats itself alot, too. Anyways, VRT, I dig the vid, keep up the good work.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by Philthy
Listen up folks - just because your opinion differs from mine doesn't make you right or me wrong - or me right and you wrong - take your car where ever you feel most comfortable.

I know this is the case and don't get me wrong I know that I am wrong a lot....so is everyone else.

Bottom line is that everyone here is going to have their own opinoins and that is fine. I just hate hearing all the stuff about VRT from people that have never seen this firsthand.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:11 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I have never heard anything bad from car done at VRT... good luck to them.. they are doing great work.. people just need to appreciate that
Old 07-27-2006, 06:33 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by RevLimitZ
This is quite possibly the most pointless thread i've ever read. It's very redundant, and it repeats itself alot, too. Anyways, VRT, I dig the vid, keep up the good work.
Thanks for the complament on the video..... Hahaha, I couldn't agree with you more, this thread has gotten way outa hand. Our customers are very passionate about their cars, and the work we have done for them (as they should be) and that seems to get the best of them sometimes.

Originally Posted by bigbri
....but all the cars you guys are flying by arn't going WOT they are waving you by....soo..nice vid but I bet if the drivers in the c6z06 or ford gt were going all out there would be no fly bys or passing on any turns...
I know what you are saying, but believe me, these exotic cars and their drivers are definitely going as fast as they can with the limits they feel comfortable with in their car. They ARE going pretty fast, as quick as they can, but the rules and etiquette of these track days are, when you are holding up a faster car or are blue-flagged by the corner worker, you must let them go by, this is done with a wave-by and sometimes a lift of the throttle.

In a nut shell, these cars and their perspective drivers are going as fast as they can, until they are run down and caught by us (or anyone else for that matter).. and as far as the turns are concerned, this is where most of our VRT built cars hold an advantage...IMO.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:20 PM
FrickU

Very well put. You can watch all of our videos and see proof that these super cars we build can beat high dollar cars at a race track, and in most cases every car on the track. Of course it is not just the car, but a very well built car sure helps. The only way you can really decide for yourself if it is true or bs is to simply come to the track 1 day.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:25 PM
AParshall04

Originally Posted by Philthy
BINGO! Frankly, I would spend the extra money on a real shop, not a backyard 'franchise'.

VRT installed a few kits and had someone tune it - why should I kiss their asre? Good for them! I'm not putting them down, although you guys would LOVE to turn this into that.

VRT has done nothing more than what other shops do all day long - minus having a real shop.
God this philthy guy is a frickin idiot...i've been reading this post for the past 10 minutes and i feel like the guy from billy madison needs to pop his head through the door and say "Everything you have just read posted by philthy has made you more stupid."

I had no idea that VRT was located in El Cajon! I go to sdsu, i bet the shop is not more than 15 minutes away from my apartment. I need to drop in sometime. I'm putting my pe tt kit on in the next couple weeks and im sure they wouldnt mind taking an up close look at it.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:13 PM
JoeDirtPharmD

Originally Posted by doug
I have never heard anything bad from car done at VRT... good luck to them.. they are doing great work.. people just need to appreciate that
I have - blown tranny on James' TT G35/Skyline (whatever he calls it) here in Surprise, AZ. His claim is that VRT spun out the gearbox during tuning and the vehicle was rendered nearly inoperable by his statement.

Not intended to bash VRT, they proved a number of successful vehicles - just advising that unhappy customers do indeed exist.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:29 PM
FrickU

AParshall04 well said, Yes you are only 15 minutes away from us. Good luck with your Twin Turbo install...Take time and do things right.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Bullitproof

Originally Posted by USED
mraturbo, that's not a very friendly statement. I thought better of you than that.

I am very busy this time of year. You see, I'm like a singer/song writer. I not only run my business, I am the chief technician and tuner. So please understand the demands on my schedule.

I'm sure that silly thread has been going well enough without my input. I do have the Z. Actually I have three available, Nismo editions. I do have the 360's in three different trims. What I don't have is the time right now. I am too busy with customer projects. That takes precedence.

What we've been "up" to:

That's just today. Every car you see is boosted.

Best regards,

USED

www.carv2.com
Hey!!! Put my bumper back on my car now darnit!!! Sorry this thread went to crap earlier. If VRT was just posting up their track vids, that would have been cool. But when you start stirring the pot and bringing up something that was dead and buried, expect some bones to fly out. So what if some shops have to charge more to cover overhead? it's called business. Not all of us have acres of land or the wherewithal to work out of our backyard. Nothing wrong with it at all. Now let me get this straight, you guys only install JWT kits? I've never seen a VRT PE, GREDDY or APS kit. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's cool you if you guys specialize in only one brand. I remember that you guys said you wanted VRT to be synonymous with names like RUF and SALEEN. Hows that working out for you? Like i said in the earlier in the post, it's just sad when you guys get to bashing other shops to boost yourselves up. HOORAY BEER!!!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:49 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Jesus how long is the video. i waited like 5 mins for the thing to load up? I gave up. ive never had to wait that long on anything being downloaded? wish i could have seen it.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:51 PM
FrickU

Tomorrow morning I am going to upload it to Streetfire for people like you, who for some reason can't load up the vid...So stay tuned in tomorrow for the link
Old 07-27-2006, 11:36 PM
taurran

The shop pictured above looks awesome. In Cali I presume?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Bullitproof

Nah homie, Wilmington Delaware!!!!!! Seriously.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:08 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by JoeDirtPharmD
I have - blown tranny on James' TT G35/Skyline (whatever he calls it) here in Surprise, AZ. His claim is that VRT spun out the gearbox during tuning and the vehicle was rendered nearly inoperable by his statement.

Not intended to bash VRT, they proved a number of successful vehicles - just advising that unhappy customers do indeed exist.
Whooaaa, wait a minute, You probably should get your facts straight before you start typing, sir. I have a hard time believing that James said that we damaged his car, or cars transmission in any way.

The truth is, he came to us with a semi-blown (broken rings and bent rod) stock motor with a Greddy TT kit on his 5AT. He had a different shop in AZ. (not sure who) uninstall his Greddy kit and sell it to someone else. When we received the car on a car hauling big rig truck, it was with the motor just sitting in it not hooked up to anything, bolted down. Alot of clips, wiring, and pins where either damaged or missing, the AC lines broken, etc. We then tore down the motor to find the above mentioned damaged. after a few shipments of parts from James, such as a bumper etc., we installed the new built long block and the JWT TT kit, including the damaged and/ or missing parts on his car (with no extra charge) just so we could properly complete the install for him. Everything was complete and in seemingly good working order, until we went to tune the car at JWT with Jim and Clark. It was giving a false reading of some kind and wrong boost pressure on the dyno. With a couple more days on the dyno with Jim and Clark working their magic, it was narrowed down and concluded that unfortunately for James, it was the (very worn out, stock 5AT) tranny that was slipping and acting funny and giving off some false readings. This made the car very hard to tune properly. JWT figured out a way and a device (with some help from Nissan), to lock down the tranny temporarily just long enough for the car to be properly tuned.

So as you see IMO, we at VRT again went over and above what I feel most shops would have done in our efforts to help him.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:03 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AParshall04
God this philthy guy is a frickin idiot...
What's with the personal attack? Grow a set of ***** and save them for when we're face to face, it's a small world...
Old 07-28-2006, 06:30 AM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
Hey!!! Put my bumper back on my car now darnit!!! Sorry this thread went to crap earlier. If VRT was just posting up their track vids, that would have been cool. But when you start stirring the pot and bringing up something that was dead and buried, expect some bones to fly out. So what if some shops have to charge more to cover overhead? it's called business. Not all of us have acres of land or the wherewithal to work out of our backyard. Nothing wrong with it at all. Now let me get this straight, you guys only install JWT kits? I've never seen a VRT PE, GREDDY or APS kit. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's cool you if you guys specialize in only one brand. I remember that you guys said you wanted VRT to be synonymous with names like RUF and SALEEN. Hows that working out for you? Like i said in the earlier in the post, it's just sad when you guys get to bashing other shops to boost yourselves up. HOORAY BEER!!!!!
It is my understanding that they do other kits as well, it is just that most of the people that come there get the JWT. As I have said in other posts, IMHO it is the best kit out there. I had a Greddy TT and have driven the APS as well as others. So when a customer comes to them and wants a car built they sell them the JWT. They know the kit better than anyone except Jim himself and they can install it very well so why try and sell something else when you have one dialed in? It does not mean they cannot install a different one.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:38 AM
ht4

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
Hey!!! Put my bumper back on my car now darnit!!!
LOL- I thought that was your car by the dyno... You have the best looking car in the shop (IMO) and all you can see is the naked front corner.

Quick Reply: RUN WITH A FERRARI / VRT Style - (Cont)