Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

RUN WITH A FERRARI / VRT Style - (Cont)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 07:26 AM
nissansource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread should be locked this is actually a terrible thread now. alot of people here are not being nice
Old 07-28-2006, 09:00 AM
JoeDirtPharmD

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Whooaaa, wait a minute, You probably should get your facts straight before you start typing, sir. I have a hard time believing that James said that we damaged his car, or cars transmission in any way.

The truth is, he came to us with a semi-blown (broken rings and bent rod) stock motor with a Greddy TT kit on his 5AT. He had a different shop in AZ. (not sure who) uninstall his Greddy kit and sell it to someone else. When we received the car on a car hauling big rig truck, it was with the motor just sitting in it not hooked up to anything, bolted down. Alot of clips, wiring, and pins where either damaged or missing, the AC lines broken, etc. We then tore down the motor to find the above mentioned damaged. after a few shipments of parts from James, such as a bumper etc., we installed the new built long block and the JWT TT kit, including the damaged and/ or missing parts on his car (with no extra charge) just so we could properly complete the install for him. Everything was complete and in seemingly good working order, until we went to tune the car at JWT with Jim and Clark. It was giving a false reading of some kind and wrong boost pressure on the dyno. With a couple more days on the dyno with Jim and Clark working their magic, it was narrowed down and concluded that unfortunately for James, it was the (very worn out, stock 5AT) tranny that was slipping and acting funny and giving off some false readings. This made the car very hard to tune properly. JWT figured out a way and a device (with some help from Nissan), to lock down the tranny temporarily just long enough for the car to be properly tuned.

So as you see IMO, we at VRT again went over and above what I feel most shops would have done in our efforts to help him.
Facts are straight - I typed one sentence which was a statement made directly from your customer's mouth. I did not add or embellish upon his claim because I don't have your side of the story. Plain and simple - he's pissed at VRT - your problem, not mine - I just brought it to light.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:28 AM
roneski

Originally Posted by JoeDirtPharmD
Facts are straight - I typed one sentence which was a statement made directly from your customer's mouth. I did not add or embellish upon his claim because I don't have your side of the story. Plain and simple - he's pissed at VRT - your problem, not mine - I just brought it to light.
This wasn't the guy that had the scuba tank sized nitrous bottle in his trunk was it?
Old 07-28-2006, 09:34 AM
JoeDirtPharmD

Originally Posted by roneski
This wasn't the guy that had the scuba tank sized nitrous bottle in his trunk was it?
I've not seen him run with nitrous in his trunk. But, depends on when you may have seen his car - he hasn't been heard from or seen in the past couple weeks. SO, something may have recently changed?

I run a bottle for the intercooler sprayer, but for whatever reason, nitrous use does not appear very common here (Phoenix) in the Z/G scene...
Old 07-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Bullitproof

HT4, you gotta get over there and see the dark silver one with HRE's and the kenstyle kit*drooling now*. He's got the aps twins with cats like you. If i wasn't so anti-bodykit, this would be near the top of my list. The guys at car version 2 were nice enough to pull my bumper off so i could get it repainted and not have to worry about overspray on the car. The chips and a couple of curb scratches were bothering me. It's back on now and i might run over to Elkton and check out that z meet on Sunday. pm me if you are rolling.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:50 AM
roneski

I've not seen him run with nitrous in his trunk. But, depends on when you may have seen his car - he hasn't been heard from or seen in the past couple weeks. SO, something may have recently changed?

I run a bottle for the intercooler sprayer, but for whatever reason, nitrous use does not appear very common here (Phoenix) in the Z/G scene...
The Nitrous bottle would have been pre-VRT. It's probably not the guy that I'm thinking about.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:11 AM
tig488

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
HT4, you gotta get over there and see the dark silver one with HRE's and the kenstyle kit*drooling now*. He's got the aps twins with cats like you. If i wasn't so anti-bodykit, this would be near the top of my list. The guys at car version 2 were nice enough to pull my bumper off so i could get it repainted and not have to worry about overspray on the car. The chips and a couple of curb scratches were bothering me. It's back on now and i might run over to Elkton and check out that z meet on Sunday. pm me if you are rolling.
you talking about the dark silver G there in that pic, if so thats CASKYLINEs car, hes on G35driver. i dont think they are HRES tho, its a very nice G and was featured in a car mag last month or so.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:16 AM
nissansource

This is the lamest reason to put this up. Have your friend,brother,bf call VRT to take care of his issues. He shouldnt have took over the car if it wasnt right. Plus it was AUTO!?!?!?!?! cmon now the autos are terrible with power i heard that nissan doesnt bother fixing them they just replace
Old 07-28-2006, 11:17 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Well, then thanks. Now you HAVE heard the whole story, "The truth", I will call him today and straighten this whole thing out. Don't, need you or James, or whoever spreading false info about us. Not cool.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:03 PM
rookie

Originally Posted by tig488
you talking about the dark silver G there in that pic, if so thats CASKYLINEs car, hes on G35driver. i dont think they are HRES tho, its a very nice G and was featured in a car mag last month or so.
caskylines car is nowhere near Delaware he's socal + he's rockin Vellano wheels.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:08 PM
JoeDirtPharmD

I would contend, to both of you (nissansource and Scott), that I am not responsible for propagating false info. There are members of the local board that share the following sentiment if you wish to perform some damage control:

"Dude do not go to VRT, I repeat DO NOT GO TO VRT. There is more than one person that came back from there that are not happy with the car. They keep makin up bullsht. They have one 700whp G and thats it." Reference thread: http://www.az350z.com/forum/viewtopi...=3796&start=15

Originally Posted by nissansource
This is the lamest reason to put this up. Have your friend,brother,bf call VRT to take care of his issues. He shouldnt have took over the car if it wasnt right. Plus it was AUTO!?!?!?!?! cmon now the autos are terrible with power i heard that nissan doesnt bother fixing them they just replace
Now - is it a lame reason? Possibly - the AT tranny is known for its issues regarding FI. But don't go flinging sh*t back onto me as if I instigated any bad press about VRT. My response was simply in reference to the poster that stated there have been no reports of dissatisfaction with VRT.

The 'bf' quip was unwarranted, btw.

Best of luck...

Last edited by JoeDirtPharmD; 07-28-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:18 PM
ANXIOUZ

Disrespectful Members will get banned

We have that across the bottom of the screen and we're 5 pages in w/ bickering....nice.

VRT - keep up the great work. I love reading posts from people who now grin ear to ear when they get in their car.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:39 PM
roneski

I would contend, to both of you (nissansource and Scott), that I am not responsible for propagating false info. There are members of the local board that share the following sentiment if you wish to perform some damage control:

"Dude do not go to VRT, I repeat DO NOT GO TO VRT. There is more than one person that came back from there that are not happy with the car. They keep makin up bullsht. They have one 700whp G and thats it." Reference thread: http://www.az350z.com/forum/viewtopi...=3796&start=15
I wish that he (the AZ350Z guy) would have based that on something. Or cited some sort of an example at least.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:03 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry to do this to the OP, but as usual this is another FI thread that has deteriorated into a pissing contest / ***** fest.