Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

E-mail HKS about the TT!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 05:08 PM
AKAkracker247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-mail HKS about the TT!!

I just finished e-mailing HKS and asking about their TT, and suggesting they make one. I'm just asking everyone to do the same so the same so HKS really struggles to put this kit out ASAP!!
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 02-25-2003, 05:55 PM
350z_taquito

it's not as simple as that. there is so much fabrication work that needs to be done because of the tight engine bay. after it's all said and done, the cost is gonna be so prohibitive that they will have trouble garnering any interest in the kit. i have trouble seeing a kit that'll go for under $10 grand installed. most people aren't willing to put out that much for only an extra 100rwhp. past that hp you'll start getting into reliability problems, specifically w/ individual cylinder trim w/ the stock intake manifold.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:57 PM
AKAkracker247

Would you prefer the NA route?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Mr Fairlady

NA might be the way to go..check this out! Friend of mine has a 240 and says that a company is starting a Tuning company called "NISSDATA" our version of HONDATA--which if you have seen some hp and 1/4 times of the new RSX-S..you'll see that a ECU flash or Reprogram will yeild HUGE gains!! RSX-S is a 2.0 and they are knockin almost full sec's off 1/4 times and 25+ hp!!!
so Imagine a damn 3.5 liter???

ECU is the problem w/ all new cars to come!! OBD III sux anus!

I owned a RSX-S and sold it before the ECU Flash came out(didn't get a hands on!!!

Give it time and you'll be amazed @ what a Flash or Reprogram---I mean I think Nissan didn't make it Turbo for a reason?

Z just needs a lil' boost in some dept. but who knows!!
Old 02-26-2003, 07:21 AM
ritwalter

Originally posted by Mr Fairlady

Give it time and you'll be amazed @ what a Flash or Reprogram---I mean I think Nissan didn't make it Turbo for a reason?
You are comparing apples and oranges. The Z is not a honduh, they are very different cars, designed in very different ways. The flash may yield absolutely zero results.

And there is no saying that nissan doesn't plan to turbo it. You really think the millions of skyline fans in japan are going to just let them drop the turbo?
Old 02-26-2003, 07:28 AM
franklinz

well they did drop the silvia, and the bulletproof i-6........

why!!!!!!??? why nissan, why another v6???
franklinz
Old 02-26-2003, 10:50 AM
EG1

You are comparing apples and oranges. The Z is not a honduh, they are very different cars, designed in very different ways. The flash may yield absolutely zero results.
Your a real car guy huh.

The hondata ECU reflash changes the timing and also leans the A/F to 12:1.

It doesn't matter what make/model car you have. If you lean it out and having a hotter timing curve, your gonna make more power, honduh or not.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:03 AM
Mr Fairlady

WEll,.I don't know about you guys as far as if this(350Z) is the First OBD III car you've owned,..but this would be my 2nd!
other was a OBD II Integra that I was gonna get the OBD I ECU--less restrictive!

OBD III is a pain in the ***!! Its too restrictive just like The RSX-S' ECU--thats why they are gaining so much from that mod!
All cars are being de-tuned now it seems...think about it!!The Z is quoted" New Sports car for the Enviroment" from BEST motoring Video

Heres an example:

The INjen intake!
That is ******** that it only adds damn 3whp(some have seen more but thats the dyno's fault) for the Z

3whp on a Damn 3.5 liter motor!!!??????? That sux *****!
INtegra's gain more from a Cold air INtake(some have seen 10whp) anbd it a damn 1.8---Bigger liter Motor's will see Bigger HP Results from Bolt-on's No DOUBT! Mustangs gain a **** load from a damn exhast!
SO untill this whole ECU thing is made bolt-ons are doing anywhere close to what they should be doing!Thats the only bad thing.That INtake should@least add 9-10whp and on our motor around 8-10lbs trq!But its not.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:08 PM
AKAkracker247

Mr.Fairlady, who's going to produce this Nissandata ECU?? How much will it cost?
Old 02-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Mr Fairlady

Its not too much info out there--I belivee its a lot on the 240 boards then all round the NET

I will see what he knows about a date but its probbly for All nissan's---Ours needing it the most!! 240's don't need it,..but a SR20 and theres your cure!!!hahahah

But we'll see once more info is released--suz haveing a brand new cr for this rason right here!!! HAVING TO WAIT FOR ****!!!
not much aftermarket support,..but damn Body kits are all over the place!!!!!
damn the body kits......bring on the performance
Old 02-26-2003, 02:00 PM
AKAkracker247

I know right! I want performance, already got the looks
Old 02-26-2003, 03:05 PM
acmw

there is one in production by hks go to barns and noble and go scroll through superstreet or max power etc and you see and read about it
Old 02-27-2003, 05:34 AM
cluofi

Originally posted by Mr Fairlady
The INjen intake!
That is ******** that it only adds damn 3whp(some have seen more but thats the dyno's fault) for the Z

3whp on a Damn 3.5 liter motor!!!??????? That sux *****!
INtegra's gain more from a Cold air INtake(some have seen 10whp) anbd it a damn 1.8---Bigger liter Motor's will see Bigger HP Results from Bolt-on's No DOUBT! Mustangs gain a **** load from a damn exhast!
SO untill this whole ECU thing is made bolt-ons are doing anywhere close to what they should be doing!Thats the only bad thing.That INtake should@least add 9-10whp and on our motor around 8-10lbs trq!But its not.
you need to look at what the stock intake looked like, on all of those cars they are WAY more restrictive than on the Z.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:05 AM
350z_taquito

Originally posted by ritwalter

And there is no saying that nissan doesn't plan to turbo it. You really think the millions of skyline fans in japan are going to just let them drop the turbo?
that's exactly the reason why i along w/ many others don't think it'll be turbocharged. why would nissan build 2 turbocharged cars to compete against one another. if a turbocharged skyline is coming out, there's no reason for nissan to have a turbo z as well.