Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

760hp G?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:34 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Sharif,

Glad you and I don't have any BS baggage and competitive stress as we have experienced with many others in the past! You are obviously secure with your business model...We like getting an unbiased opinion.

The Dynoshop has Dyno Dynamics and Dynojet. All is well until (18+ PSI boost) with over 600+WHP. The car is making over 650 FT/LBS torque at this point at around 4500 RPM. The higher the boost from that point, the torque continues to rise at a faster rate and continues even larger than the WHP number.

The last run we made at JWT on the DYNOPAK actually hit over 800 WHP, however there was a slip and the graph looked sh$$$y so didn't want to publish it. The TORQUE is the culprit for that was well over 850 FT/LBS.

Sharif, Are you running over 18-20 PSI? NO SLIPPING?

What I have noticed recently, these smaller GT28 BB700 turbos still spin up pretty quickly making the strapping process difficult. We just finished a Greddy 18G project and are going to do a Comparo with its power compared to my G using the BB700s. We have noticed the larger Greddy 18Gs hit power later and at higher RPMs than these BB700s.

Will match up the graphs and share with all. As long as we can hit over 600 with the 18Gs we will be happy and so will our client. We have this car as a result of a blown motor from a previous shop, so if it sounds weird VRT is working on a big Greddy kit, just comes with the territory over time.

Thanks again Sharif.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 08-14-2006 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:02 AM
NoLimit

Originally Posted by NoLimit
You should check out Performance EFI www.performanceefi.com , they also have a Dyno DYnamics dyno.... and can measure up to 1,800HP.
Performance EFI's dyno might still be worth a try ...

Last edited by NoLimit; 08-14-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:08 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by NoLimit
Performance EFI's dyno might still be worth a try ...
Thanks.

I visited that shop off of Miramar Rd a few months back.

Will give it a try.

Thanks

M
Old 08-14-2006, 08:08 AM
DayBlueZ

Originally Posted by GFrnk69
How is the G engine much different from the Z engine? Both Vq35?
It may be the same engine but, the performance isn't the same. I haven't seen a stock G that will compete with a stock Z. All the dynos i have seen on Gs have been slightly lower than the Zs. It's just they aren't tuned the same and aren't cranking out the same numbers as the Z as far as i have seen. It was nice to see that they can get them up that high.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:47 PM
znasty

How much would this set up cost me? I'm interested. I would love to see 7xxrwhp on my 2003 350Z. Hit me back with a full price.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:19 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by znasty
How much would this set up cost me? I'm interested. I would love to see 7xxrwhp on my 2003 350Z. Hit me back with a full price.
Ok, PM sent
Old 08-20-2006, 10:22 PM
MIAPLAYA

Actually the Dyno Shop has a twin roller Dyno Dynamics Dyno just like Sharifs. That entire shop is called the heart breaker though and has been for years. Their Dyno jet reads low as crap. A buddies Altima hits 275 consistently at EVERY OTHER Dynojet in the area but only makes 245 at the Dyno Shop. You could also try Danzio Performance www.danzioperformance.com. They have a Mustang dyno there but Chris routinely straps down 1000 HP Sand Rails and doesn't have any issues with slipping or measuring power that high. And his dyno is dead on accurate. He calibrates that thing weekly.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:35 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Tried the Dynoshop's DynoDynamics, always slipped with more than 500 WHP and torque. Hey, here's an idea, sit in the trunk. Not! DynoJet. Easily 10% lower, yet that is OK...

Alot easier with bigger turbos, the spoll and don't hit torque till later, it is hitting at 300-4000 RPM with the 600+ torque that casues the slips in 4-5 gears.

Where is Danzio, isn't up north? Aslo, know what you mean about their
Thanks Mia

M
Old 08-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Tried the Dynoshop's DynoDynamics, always slipped with more than 500 WHP and torque.
Michael, something must be wrong, with their strapping method. Especially with those sticky tires you run, you should have NO trouble whatsoever with tire slippage...even with 700trq. They can also increase the ramp rate, which will definately make your stick. Make your passes in 5th gear.

Still trying to understand your bad luck with dynos. DD and DJ can both easily make runs with 1000whp cars....done all the time. I think I might have to fly down there and show these people how to properly strap down these cars!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
I think I might have to fly down there and show these people how to properly strap down these cars!
Fly up here while your at it...We need some help strapping also.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Fly up here while your at it...We need some help strapping also.
Michael said he would foot the bill...so I see no issue with it.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Michael said he would foot the bill...so I see no issue with it.
Actually I just got a new strapping idea from the Dyno jet I was on today..He used wheel straps to wrap around my lower control arms then clipped the strap to them and strapped it down, as opposed to wraping the strap around the lower control arms and then dow to the dyno in the front..I think this may work better as it will hold the car down and back at the same time..
Old 08-21-2006, 05:07 PM
chimmike

at Z fever here in FL they used wheel straps around the front....but I've seen people use the tow hook on the Z for the front straps.....the rears, well, hit or miss.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:16 PM
mraturbo
Banned

You are funny Sharif...

Maybe I am using too much tire PSi...
What PSI do you guys run?
I talked to Thomas at Pann and he suggested lowering the tire pressure.

Any suggestions?

M
Old 08-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Actually I just got a new strapping idea from the Dyno jet I was on today..He used wheel straps to wrap around my lower control arms then clipped the strap to them and strapped it down, as opposed to wraping the strap around the lower control arms and then dow to the dyno in the front..I think this may work better as it will hold the car down and back at the same time..
Ask Steve or Enzo from DD about the new strapping blocks. They just released them, and they are worth every penny. It takes about 5 mins to strap a car down, and you dont have to crawl around the sides or the front. The whole process takes place directly from the rear...making for easy and effective strapping....and no strapping to the front of the dyno. The older DD system was good, but very time consuming.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

You are funny Sharif...

Maybe I am using too much tire PSi...
What PSI do you guys run?
I talked to Thomas at Pann and he suggested lowering the tire pressure.

Any suggestions?

M
We run normal tire pressure, and havent had problems. Lower tire pressure will help, especially if the knurling on the drums are worn out....maybe 20-25 psi.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:44 AM
NoLimit

the guys at The Dyno Shop have dyno'd very high HP cars...... I don't know why they would have issues with this car ??
did they realize what HP your car was puting down before hand? i would assume so...
Old 08-22-2006, 03:57 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

We run normal tire pressure, and havent had problems. Lower tire pressure will help, especially if the knurling on the drums are worn out....maybe 20-25 psi.
The DD manual says to increase the tire pressure to about 40 psi...Does this help with traction?? I know my Drag radials left rubber all over the place when I had the ramp rate to low, it was like doing a burnout in the garage
Old 08-22-2006, 06:36 AM
MIAPLAYA

Tried the Dynoshop's DynoDynamics, always slipped with more than 500 WHP and torque. Hey, here's an idea, sit in the trunk. Not! DynoJet. Easily 10% lower, yet that is OK...

Alot easier with bigger turbos, the spoll and don't hit torque till later, it is hitting at 300-4000 RPM with the 600+ torque that casues the slips in 4-5 gears.

Where is Danzio, isn't up north? Aslo, know what you mean about their
Thanks Mia

M
Mike,
Danzio is up in Lake Elsinore. Probably a 35-35 minute drive in that 760 HP G of yours I think if you get a dyno from that shop no one can really say a word. Mustang dynos are known to read lower then just about every other type of dyno but that should prove the numbers you are making without question. I have watched Chris at Danzio tune 1000 HP Supras and sand rails on that dyno before so I know he can get the car to stay down on the rollers.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

The DD manual says to increase the tire pressure to about 40 psi...Does this help with traction?? I know my Drag radials left rubber all over the place when I had the ramp rate to low, it was like doing a burnout in the garage
haha....yeah...cleaning up rubber is no fun.

DD recommends the higher pressure in order to prevent tire deformation, and a more accurate and consistent number. Makes sense.

But, if traction is an issue, then a lower pressure will help....as will drag radials or stickier compound tires. I'll snap a picture of the new DynoDynamics strapping blocks. I think they are about $500 or so, and worth every penny.