Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

800+whp Engine Build Almost Done...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:54 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default All Together and Waiting

Here are the pics of all the accessories on the engine, wire harness installed and all the relevant piping ready to go.

This includes the upgraded turbos YEA…

She started up and is running sweetly as per Frank. YEA, ….

I can’t wait to get my car back and put some serious miles on her in the next month. Starting next week I will be taking her from D.C -> Atlanta -> Orlando -> Miami -> D.C -> Maine -> NYC and finally back to D.C for the remainder of the winter. Lots of driving and I hope good reliability.

--B

BIG THANKS goes out to Frank for cleaning up a lot of little things that just weren't up to his standards around the engine bay, and in my mess of a wiring job due to all the electronics I have throughout the car. Great job and I can't wait to see her all running again.
Attached Thumbnails 800+whp Engine Build Almost Done...-p9020124.jpg   800+whp Engine Build Almost Done...-p9020125.jpg  

Last edited by BamBam; 09-07-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:59 AM
chimmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude I wanna meet up with you at NOPI if you're gonna be there! PM me your contact info and I'll let ya know where I'm staying and parking at the show.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:12 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by chimmike
dude I wanna meet up with you at NOPI if you're gonna be there! PM me your contact info and I'll let ya know where I'm staying and parking at the show.
groupie
Old 09-07-2006, 11:35 AM
BamBam

Yea, I will be joining the Super Street Caravan down from MD to NOPI..
I am registered for the NISSAN section at NOPI and most likely staying at the Holiday Inn Express in McDonough. PM me later with your plans man.
--B
Old 09-07-2006, 12:23 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by BamBam
Hey man, Here is the website.

http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/rentals/

But the basic breakdown for a 2 lane rental is this:
Base Rate: 1-8 cars = $800 OR 9 - 16 cars = $1200 + $100 for each additional car
PLUS $400 for the ability to run both lanes at the same time...

So TOTAL COST would be: 8 or less cars = $1,200 OR 16 cars = $1,600 + $100 for each extra car. Last time I think I paid them about $2,500 for the day.
--B
16 cars would be $1200 + $400 for both lanes? that's only one hundred a piece ... I spent more than that on a couple rounds of drinks in Miami.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Ray123

hmmmmmm not bad at all lol
Old 09-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Zexy

Wow! Can't wait to see her again!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:14 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
16 cars would be $1200 + $400 for both lanes? that's only one hundred a piece. <snip>
Yea that is correct. The problem is that most people can’t justify spending $100. We got a lot of comments that "you could go on a Saturday for a Test & Tune for $35 and run all day". I pointed out this gives you unlimited abilities to run for 8 hours... as much as you want with little or no waiting like a normal public event. Also, it is perfect for grudge matches and just general fun, BBQ's or whatever...

The reality is $100 is a lot of money for a lot of people. So to be fair and to allow as many people as possible to come out, I took care of as much of the bill as I could. Today I don't have that much money readily available for things like this (every dime I have went into this damn engine build). I would definitely go if someone wants to put it together and gladly pay $100. But I can't put much more then that towards this type of event for the reminder of this year.

It is a lot of fun and I hope we can do it again. I would also like to get a group to Summit for a day... that would be a blast also. The reminder of Sept & October are booked solid for me at the moment and then winter sets in, so next year we can see where people are at on these types of events.
--B
Old 09-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Brent let me just say, when I first thought of $50+ track day I thought about the Saturday test/tune being way cheaper. I obviously had no idea how much that track cost to rent and I assumed wrong-for that I apologize. Now that I know, and did a whole track day with friends and fellow Z owners Id pay WAY more than $60-80 whatever it was, for that. Its still way cheaper than track days on a road course, and drag racing is my passion-never had so much fun in my Z. When the time comes, Ill PM you to set up another one, this time you wont be the only one pitching in/biting the bullet-any maybe we can line up this time, as obviously we never had the chance last time
Old 09-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Vinny@VTR

so brent.......i never got my chance to engrave my name on your motor as promised.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:49 PM
xenonk

Originally Posted by noah@prfmcemotor
so brent.......i never got my chance to engrave my name on your motor as promised.

by "engrave" do you mean burning a piston ring into it?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:39 PM
hurahn

Looking good.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:43 PM
BamBam

You guys kill me…. I do NOT want a piston Ring burned into my engine….

Noah, we will find a way to get you to sign something on it, somehow…

Bert, yea we had a great time…. BUT next time I will be pu$$y footing it off the line… And with your new build… I have no problems following you down the strip to a low 11…
Old 09-08-2006, 06:11 AM
Vinny@VTR

Performance Motorsports FTW http://www.theexperience.com/record.htm

I will not burn a piston ring into his motor.....i will just make a nice *** groove in the driver's seat!!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Quang@Altered

Originally Posted by noah@prfmcemotor
Performance Motorsports FTW http://www.theexperience.com/record.htm

I will not burn a piston ring into his motor.....i will just make a nice *** groove in the driver's seat!!!!!
haha wassup noah.

hit me up on AIM man! about tryna do 550whp on my rsx
Old 09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
BamBam

Alright, I got the car back on Friday and put some miles on her over the weekend... Drove around NoVa, Maryland, & West Virginia… Yea-Haw…

Frank said it started up on the first try running fairly smooth. She feels like she is running good. I had to keep her under 3500 rpm and no boost, but she pulls well and sounds good. There is some sort of problem with the brakes, not sure if I have a bad rotor or one of the calipers is screwed up, but Frank is looking at it now. I also need to look into an alignment, but otherwise everything appears OK for the moment.

BIG CUDO’S go out to Frank and the Crew at AAM for doing everything they could to get the car back to me on the deadline I set.

Mike is tuning the car for stock boost now, and I expect to be back in the 400 club for the time being but we shall see how the cams and larger turbos effect the hp/torque curves. Because of the short break in time (2 days) I don’t want to go to high on the boost until the engine gets a lot more easy miles on her. I am leaving for NOPI Thursday, FL next week and then Maine in early October. After that we will review the car and see how much boost she can take. Until then, I guess we are on hold.

It has been an interesting adventure guys.
--B
Old 09-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on getting it up and running, I will keep an eye out for updates on the dyno numbers...
Old 09-11-2006, 11:51 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Brent. I know it's been frustrating but hopefully you are reaping the rewards now.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:58 AM
TENGAI

With the monster engine you've got under the hood, I'm sure it'll smash some (if not most) of the records in the Mid-A. Congrats on getting her back together bro.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Vinny@VTR

brent.....lemme know when you wanna run the 1/4....we have a few surprises to test!!!

Quick Reply: 800+whp Engine Build Almost Done...