Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Hits Rev Limiter @ 4500RPM

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 06:19 AM
glide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing but 93 octane for my baby since day one. You must be using track gas.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:41 AM
Kevin Tdj Trac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having this issue now as well and really stumped.
Mods:
custom 3" intakes
Ebay headers/y pipe
3" single exit exhaust
uprev tune with ARC

I was tuned with uprev over the weekend and the car performed well on the dyno. On my way home It went into limp mode and threw codes p0131 p0151. I figured based on those it was a vacuum leak. I adjusted the (custom made &#128522 intake and cleared the codes. Took it for a test. I was able to get a 2nd gear pull at wot and thought I had it beat but when I tried again it was like the car hit a rev limit at wot around 4000 rpm. If I eased into the throttle it would climb past but if I mat it past 4k it would act lit its hitting fuel cut. I check the codes again and have p0024 pending but that has been pending for months now never confirmed. My tuner said I should check make sure there are no vacuum leak and He thinks my 3" MAF size is too large and it caused some instability air flow for the sensor to read and suggested I should reduce the size of the MAF. I know there are lots of cars running the 3" MAF set up cant see that being the issue so I changed the position of the MAFs to just in front of the TB to minimize vacuum leak possiblity and cleaned the MAFs. I then set up my intakes in a short ram intake set up to see if turbulence was causing any instability and the problem persisted. I tried resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 30 min and took it out for a test. The car performed great but then I noticed that my launch control wasn't working so I tried to do a burnout and that failed. So I thought did I somehow negate my uprev tune and made my way home. Got up the street and hit the throttle and there it was again. As of now the only code I am getting is p2a00 which really shouldn't impact my situation. Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated.