Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

BuiltZMotors Darton Sleeved 100mm Motor- engine room preliminary tour

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Zilvia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice...........
Old 09-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Gumpdriver

Hey Todd nice talking with you today. Shop looks great again.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:17 PM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and much success on the expansion. Much like Sharif you seem to have a winning combination of excellent knowledge and good customer service.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:23 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
no secret, we try not to have a cookie cutter engine build, rather, we custom build to the customers request..some of our standard platforms that we have in stock:

Shortblock:
Arias ED pistons 9:1 CR
Eagle rods
ARP main studs
crank balanced and polished
Block redecked/ honed with torque plates
rings sized with torque plates
Rev up oil pump

$3450

We really suggest the longblock options, as we sell these fully timed, saving you the extra step (and money) when you get the motor, instead, just swap a few sensors and it is ready to be transplanted

-TODD
you would probably have alot more customers if you had prices on your web site.. i understand what you are saying about custom motors.. but if more poeple had a general idea of a ball park figure of what they are spending.. then it would bring more business..

usually when you are buying something and there is no price.. it usually means its expensive as hell.. the whole if you have to ask.. you can't afford it..

I will honestly tell you i didn't consider you for a built motor until you just posted those specs and that price and i just notice how affordable your engines are..

with all the places on the internet that do built motors... SGP which are little bit on the high side.. and Forged Performance who are definately in the affordable side.. until you made that post.. i thought you were in or higher than SGP territory

Most people such as myself are too ****ing lazy to send an email for pricing.. you have to send what you want and you are not even sure what you want.. then you have to wait for a reply email... its so much easier to go on FP's website and look at something and get a price

Last edited by doug; 09-26-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:24 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent Todd....
Old 09-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Zexy

Oh my word!!!!

New micrometers and everything?? Keep up the good work Todd!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:55 PM
skidmarq

Great pics, love the new shop! I'm with Doug on the "price on website" discussion.

With pricing that low, advertise it away! Tons of folks would jump at the opportunity to purchase from you.

Support our Western US businesses...LOL
Old 09-26-2006, 06:05 PM
ZXERT

Same. I wasn't even thinking about you guys until I saw the specs/price.

An idea is to have a couple base packages, then have drop down boxes where you can select what parts. Much like dell pcs. You can start out with the $300 POS as the base and end up spending $1000+ with a few clicks. I'm no expert, but this couldn't do anything but help.

Good work,

ZXERT
Old 09-26-2006, 06:17 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Nice conversion Todd.

M
Old 09-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
you would probably have alot more customers if you had prices on your web site.. i understand what you are saying about custom motors.. but if more poeple had a general idea of a ball park figure of what they are spending.. then it would bring more business..

usually when you are buying something and there is no price.. it usually means its expensive as hell.. the whole if you have to ask.. you can't afford it..

I will honestly tell you i didn't consider you for a built motor until you just posted those specs and that price and i just notice how affordable your engines are..

with all the places on the internet that do built motors... SGP which are little bit on the high side.. and Forged Performance who are definately in the affordable side.. until you made that post.. i thought you were in or higher than SGP territory

Most people such as myself are too ****ing lazy to send an email for pricing.. you have to send what you want and you are not even sure what you want.. then you have to wait for a reply email... its so much easier to go on FP's website and look at something and get a price
I totally agree. From a customer's perspective. However I can understand reasons for not freely posting prices, especially with regards to competition.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:23 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
I totally agree. From a customer's perspective. However I can understand reasons for not freely posting prices, especially with regards to competition.
i agree on the not freely posting prices in regards to competition, but if your customers are looking at your competition because of it.. you might as well post the prices.. or a ball park figure
Old 09-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Absolutely... ballpark figures would be great

just state on the website "built shortblocks typically range from..."
etc.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:30 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

i agree on the not freely posting prices in regards to competition, but if your customers are looking at your competition because of it.. you might as well post the prices.. or a ball park figure

I understand, thanks for the feedback guys, we will make some changes soon, but this hasn't stopped the emails from coming in with quote requests...I actualy prefer it this way, we can help educate/inform people of options, etc. when they request a quote, vs just browsing and "bargain shopping" maybe not realizing some of the benefits of how we out together an engine package

-TODD
Old 09-26-2006, 07:32 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by azula
very nice, and impressive website....so would i send you my block and you build on that? or do you send me a built block and i send you my block for another customer?

we can do either..for the sake of convenience and time, we have ready built motors here that we can ship out to a customer, and then one would send us their core after the swap has taken place
Old 09-26-2006, 07:36 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Talking

Thanks for the feedback, really

You would assume when someone is making a large purchase (built motor), they SHOULD take their time and do some research, but I'm sure it's true, for the compulsive buyer, listing prices and allowing someone to surf the internet, and even purchase a motor without ever having to even talk to someone on the phone or exchange emails would be convenient, it will be coming in the future..thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, greatly appreciated!

-TODD
Old 09-26-2006, 07:38 PM
azula

good deal, and great prices!! now don't go raising the prices on me!!! lol.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:45 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by azula
good deal, and great prices!! now don't go raising the prices on me!!! lol.

part of the reason i dont like to publicize prices, my costs continue to go up and consequently, my prices will creep up as time goes on- so buy now!!!!! hahaha

-TODD
Old 09-26-2006, 07:49 PM
G352NV

IF I ever do go built. You guys will be it. Nice work!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:12 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Exclamation Ready for sale!

UPDATE: Sleeved shortblock- DONE! on the shelf , ready to ship!!! no wait!!! first time in history with this quality shortblock!!!!
3.8L
price includes 100mm Head gaskets
ARP 1/2" head studs
(timeserts installed in block- this is the real deal)
--someone hit 800rwhp on this block, come on!!!
$6950

-can sell as a longblock, allow a few more days, depending on head options

-TODD

Last edited by 350zDCalb; 09-29-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Gumpdriver

Good **** Todd, hope it sales fast. THX for the talk today De.

Quick Reply: BuiltZMotors Darton Sleeved 100mm Motor- engine room preliminary tour