Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Is your car a Dyno Queen??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:17 PM
tig488

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sentry65
well we all know it's all about having THE fastest car to ever drive a public street. If your car ain't got 800+whp, then it's a slow POS and you don't deserve to enjoy it

lol, true.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:18 PM
vantage350z

Originally Posted by tig488
because you are teh ****! must be a lot of slow cars where you live if 600hp rules the streets. lol. there are 4 cars within 2miles radius from mine that would walk you all day long, not that they streetrace either. and those are people i know personally. not that im saying, im just saying. im sure you car is fast too.

How often do two 600+ whp cars actually find each other on the highway anyway? Id say his chances of winning are pretty good if you ask me. me on the other hand will get my a$$ kicked

Last edited by vantage350z; 10-16-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:24 PM
tig488

Originally Posted by vantage350z
How often do two 600+ whp cars actually find each other on the highway anyway? Id say his chances of winning are pretty good if you ask me. me on the other hand will get my a$$ kicked
true but how many times do you try to race cars while going to work in the morning, id bet never. i wouldnt claim that i beat everything on the street if i was talking about driving to the grocery store next to a minivan. lol.

if thats the case, i dont street race either, but i havent "lost" a race yet either.

if we are counting late nights downtown, i lose consistently.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:31 PM
vantage350z

true but how many times do you try to race cars while going to work in the morning, id bet never.
your right, my car sits in a garage 90% of the time. only driven on weekends , plus the roads suck so bad where i live, i cant even drive fast unless I go to New Jersey.I only put 3000 miles ayear on my car, lol

Last edited by vantage350z; 10-16-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

awesome, i totally agree.

and, track or no track, you can run 11s all day, but the street is totally different. i see it all the time, people talk crap about what they run at the track, then they come out to the street races and get their *** handed to them by slower cars. my car hooks better on the street than on any tracks around here.

so your question should be, "is your car a dyno queen, track queen, or street queen?"

sentry, damn thats $$$, here its 10 bucks to get in, and you can make as many passes as you want.
Then add street queen to mine as well I can do it on the street or track, but thing is, on the street I hardly run from a stop-its always roll ons with cars I encounter-and that for me (with no slicks on 19's) is a good thing. But if I had something planned you better believe I'll show up on ET Streets....
Old 10-16-2006, 01:34 PM
tig488

Originally Posted by vantage350z
your right, my car sits in a garage 90% of the time. only driven on weekends , plus the roads suck so bad where i live, i cant even drive fast unless I go to New Jersey.I only put 300 miles ayear on my car, lol
i sense sarcasm, hey if you wanna race the soccer moms thats your deal. there just isnt much competition at 630AM on my commute to work. but hey, kick *** and take names!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by Alberto
Then add street queen to mine as well I can do it on the street or track, but thing is, on the street I hardly run from a stop-its always roll ons with cars I encounter-and that for me (with no slicks on 19's) is a good thing. But if I had something planned you better believe I'll show up on ET Streets....
Bert I saw your latest vid, that thing sounds sick. I am on the way to Sharifs on Friday to get the Fcon installed and some 3.5 pipes. Stay tuned.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:21 PM
mrtomcat

Drag Strip all the way, as soon as it's all ready you'll see some decent timeslips
Old 10-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

true but how many times do you try to race cars while going to work in the morning, id bet never. i wouldnt claim that i beat everything on the street if i was talking about driving to the grocery store next to a minivan. lol.

if thats the case, i dont street race either, but i havent "lost" a race yet either.

if we are counting late nights downtown, i lose consistently.
Actually, I live 5 minutes from the largest drag strip on the East Coast, Raceway Park, and there are about 20 Domestic performance shops and Turbo Trix within a 10 mile radius of me..There are several 11 second Mustanks, in my neighborhood alone..I encounter extremely fast cars on a daily basis where I am.When I say fast cars, Im talking a fast REAL STREET car, not a 9 second full race car with a parachute and wheelie bars.
Like I said, I have yet to have someone hand me my a s s. I often walk heavily modded Evo's with Turbo Tixx stickers all over them on my way to the store..
In Fact, anyone remmber that video on street fire of the first 2006 Mustank GT to run 11's? Well he was my opponent on the time trials last Friday, and he got Schooled, badly..This of course was after I overheard his buddies talking smack on my car and told him to "show me how its done" and "bust his hole" lol
Well needless to say, I tore his a s s out of his throat, and beat him by like 6 car lengths..I came back to the staging lanes and told by buddy, "now thats how you bust a hole!!" of course in earshot of my new buddy..lol

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 10-16-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
tig488

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Actually, I live 5 minutes from the largest drag strip on the East Coast, Raceway Park, and there are about 20 Domestic performance shops and Turbo Trix within a 10 mile radius of me..There are several 11 second Mustanks, in my neighborhood alone..I encounter extremely fast cars on a daily basis where I am.When I say fast cars, Im talking a fast REAL STREET car, not a 9 second full race car with a parachute and wheelie bars.
Like I said, I have yet to have someone hand me my a s s. I often walk heavily modded Evo's with Turbo Tixx stickers all over them on my way to the store..
In Fact, anyone remmber that video on street fire of the first 2006 Mustank GT to run 11's? Well he was my opponent on the time trials last Friday, and he got Schooled, badly..This of course was after I overheard his buddies talking smack on my car and told him to "show me how its done" and "bust his hole" lol
Well needless to say, I tore his a s s out of his throat, and beat him by like 6 car lengths..I came back to the staging lanes and told by buddy, "now thats how you bust a hole!!" of course in earshot of my new buddy..lol
im not talking about 9 sec full race cars with wheelie bars and parachutes, im talking about REALLY FAST DAILY DRIVEN STREET CARS. a GT42R FD, 2.4L stroked T-67 AWD 4G63 eclipse, a forged KA-T w/sc61 240sx, and last but not least, dont laugh, a 1990 Mazda 323, GTX with a big 16G turbo, liquid to air IC, weighs about 2200lb, powered by haltech, its funny to look at people when it pulls up, even funnier to look at them after he walks all over them. lets dont get into this discussion, none of these cars are mine, i admit my car is sssllllooowww.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

im not talking about 9 sec full race cars with wheelie bars and parachutes, im talking about REALLY FAST DAILY DRIVEN STREET CARS. a GT42R FD, 2.4L stroked T-67 AWD 4G63 eclipse, a forged KA-T w/sc61 240sx, and last but not least, dont laugh, a 1990 Mazda 323, GTX with a big 16G turbo, liquid to air IC, weighs about 2200lb, powered by haltech, its funny to look at people when it pulls up, even funnier to look at them after he walks all over them. lets dont get into this discussion, none of these cars are mine, i admit my car is sssllllooowww.
in New Brunswick area... Old Bridge Township, Spotswood... everyone's car is moddified.. let me tell you.. driving a 400 hp Z in that area you don't even bother revving on anyone..

and when E-Town has events.. its even worse.. fast cars everywhere..

English Town / raceway Park is one of the top 3 drag strips in the United States...
Old 10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
tig488

Originally Posted by doug
in New Brunswick area... Old Bridge Township, Spotswood... everyone's car is moddified.. let me tell you.. driving a 400 hp Z in that area you don't even bother revving on anyone..

English Town / raceway Park is one of the top 3 drag strips in the United States...
i dont rev on anybody period, even if i had a 600whp G, thats not my thing, my car is the furthest from a fast car, i built it the way i want it, in 3 years and 45ooo miles, its done MAYBE 20 dyno runs, MAYBE 15 1/4 mile runs, and 6 of those were last weekend. i didnt build it to have numbers on a piece of paper, i built it for me to enjoy driving. matter of fact, i tense up when i go WOT for fear of it exploding.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by doug

Doug, you comming down for the 22nd?Toyo tires event?
Old 10-16-2006, 03:31 PM
trefling

Dyno queen here....sorry it's true.

The more I mod my Z the less I drive it. It's messed up but true.

Once you get around 20-30 grand in an engine setup you tend to become a little more cautious, or atleast I do. I know the car is fast so I don't feel a need to prove it, and dyno print outs are just so pretty to look at.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tig-curious whats your best time and at what power level?
Old 10-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
tig-curious whats your best time and at what power level?
14.6 with 299 whp
Old 10-16-2006, 03:38 PM
tig488

you really wanna know? lol.

my best time was my second run, 13.5 @ 110 mph, 60' was 2.98. on my bald street tires and toasted clutch. Peking from here met me at Steele last weekend for a few runs. that was the second time Peking and I met there, and only the 3rd time ive been at a track. oh yeah, and my times got worse and worse from there. i left when i reached 14.8 LOL.

my last dyno at sharifs was 330whp, and 400wtq. but boost is still tapering off as well. last DJ dyno was 380/400.

i admit it, i suck major DDs at the track. i just need lots of practice, each time, id either just floor the hell out it and spin like crazy, or ease into it then once i hit 2nd i spin like crazy.

youre funny MRC!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:54 PM
tig488

speaking of timeslips, any of you guys seen this yet, sheps awd tsi, full interior,

http://shepracing.com/videos/772.MPG
Old 10-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Bullitproof

No dyno queen. street prowler, and occassional track guy. I do it full weight though-seats, stereo, everything stays in. if i can't beat you at my current power level, then it's time to upgrade my power level.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:56 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Doug, you comming down for the 22nd?Toyo tires event?

nah i stay away from big events at Etown... never get a chance to run.. and if you do its like 1 run... and test and tune nights are too far for me to drive

Quick Reply: Is your car a Dyno Queen??