Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS single TUrbo? yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Oleg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sugarspunZ
all you little midwest boys talking about houses. come to socal where the big boys live and well see what kind of house you can get. a crack house in the hood is going to run you $400,000 minimun.
I'm not in midwest...
And what you've described is what Brooklyn is starting to be like.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Oleg
How's so?
for one thing, your morgage interest is tax deductable. Not that this is a big deal but some use that as a major arguement.

Really, think about your house as a savings account. You pay off your house with money you could invest in other areas, savings account, CDs, stocks, bonds, etc. Just think about how you access your money if you have it invested in your home. You need to either refinance or sell the home.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Lo$t

all you little midwest boys talking about houses. come to socal where the big boys live and well see what kind of house you can get. a crack house in the hood is going to run you $400,000 minimun.
true.. i live in louisiana. My house would be over a million in Cali. Question though. What makes California so much better that you'd pay a million more for the same house? LSU has some pretty girls.. i like it just fine down here. i can go to Florida for beaches. hmm i guess i am missing something.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm not in midwest...
And what you've described is what Brooklyn is starting to be like.
cali is full of movie stars and quacks . Just look at all those crazy laws you all have. Then there is the prime time highspeed chases, earthquakes, etc.

No thanks, I'll stick to the midwest. The dumbest thing I have seen here is light rail and E85 fuel
Old 10-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Lo$t

Originally Posted by Zivman
for one thing, your morgage interest is tax deductable. Not that this is a big deal but some use that as a major arguement.

Really, think about your house as a savings account. You pay off your house with money you could invest in other areas, savings account, CDs, stocks, bonds, etc. Just think about how you access your money if you have it invested in your home. You need to either refinance or sell the home.
if you pay off your house you have what is called collateral. also.. when you aren't paying an 1500$ a month note.. you can afford other luxuries. i guess either way is good.
sugarspunZ

Received 665 Likes on 524 Posts

How's so?
Reason#1

Mortgages don't lower home values.
Your house will grow in value (or not) whether or not you have a mortgage. In fact, most people discover that, over time, their mortgage balance falls while their home value rises - creating substantial wealth they never expected.

Reason#2:

Your mortgage is the cheapest money you'll ever buy.
Most people need to borrow money during their lives, so why pay 18% to credit cards when you can borrow at rates of 7% or even less?

Reason#3

Your mortgage is the best way you can lower your taxes.
Interest you pay on personal loans, auto loans and credit cards is not tax-deductible, but for most of us, interest you pay on mortgage loans is fully tax-deductible, making the cheapest loan you'll ever get, even cheaper. Imagine borrowing money for a net cost of just 5%.1 You can do it with a mortgage loan!

Reason#4

Get the cash out of the house - while you still can.
The main reason people turn to borrowing is because they have little or no income. But if you ever suffer a job loss, major medical or other financial crisis, you could find yourself unable to get a home loan. That's because lenders don't like to lend money if you are already in financial difficulty. That's why you should get a big mortgage now, before you need it - and while you still can.

Reason#5:

Your mortgage becomes even cheaper over time.
Depending on the loan you choose, your payment never rises - but your income likely will. That means today's mortgage payment becomes increasingly easy to pay over time!
Oleg

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I'd like to think I tried as much as I could to answer the questions you sent me about going F/I.
You did and don't think I'm not grateful.
But after reading all this I really feel that you are WAY out of line. Your comment above I'm sorry to say is the same thing we have been hearing from you since LAST winter. You no longer own a Z or G and even when you did you never boosted it.
Neither did 90% of FI forum regulars, what's your point?
So the question remains why are you here exactly? Don't the LS1 boards need someone to pester them about turbo kits.
I mentioned that earlier, I still am a fan of the Z and will keep track of it evolving through the aftermarket
I think everyone here APS and Turbonetics fan boys alike have been patient enough with you, answering your countless questions, and reading your sometimes far off base posts.
That's another story I am not getting into
IMHO your financial status, ownership of property, and job have zero to do with what is being discussed in the Forced Induction forum. I don't think anyone here cares what you own, where you live, or how you pay your bills.
Which would not even be under discussion had someone not accuse me of cowardice, although I admit, I overreacted.
You have nothing to contribute here as you are neither a shop, manufacturer, or owner (or former owner for that matter) of a boosted Z or G. Why can't you just bow gracefully out and go waste bandwith on the GTO boards. And for what its worth I back taurran on everything since you seemed to wonder who did.
Use the ignore button, it's that easy.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Oleg

Reason#1

Mortgages don't lower home values....
Reason#6
In Brooklyn a purchase of a brand new construction gets you a 15 year property tax abatement...
Old 10-19-2006, 05:40 PM
sugarspunZ

Originally Posted by Lo$t
if you pay off your house you have what is called collateral. also.. when you aren't paying an 1500$ a month note.. you can afford other luxuries. i guess either way is good.
Please don’t take this the wrong way, I am in no way insulting you. however, that is a poor mans way of thinking.
What is your equity in your home doing? NOTHING!!! It is just sitting there. Take that money out and invest it in something conservative. That way your house is still appreciating making you money and now the money you invested is making you money. You just doubled your net worth.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:41 PM
sugarspunZ

Reason#6
In Brooklyn a purchase of a brand new construction gets you a 15 year property tax abatement...
you write off property tax.