Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy Twin

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 02:31 PM
electricmarquis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Twin

Has anyone installed the greddy twin kit as it comes from greddy and the intercooler. Alot of speed shops around here dont like the greddy kit they say it doesnt fit very well. They also say its not complete and if you run it like they sell it with preprogrammed emanage you will eventualy blow your motor.

The speed shops tell me that its designed so someone can install it and drive it slowly to a dyno tunner for final touches.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by electricmarquis
Has anyone installed the greddy twin kit as it comes from greddy and the intercooler. Alot of speed shops around here dont like the greddy kit they say it doesnt fit very well. They also say its not complete and if you run it like they sell it with preprogrammed emanage you will eventualy blow your motor.

The speed shops tell me that its designed so someone can install it and drive it slowly to a dyno tunner for final touches.
That is somewhat truthfull, and somewhat innacurate at the same time..
Old 10-21-2006, 02:41 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post this in the forced induction forum. That's where you will get the best advice.

I agree with most of the advice your shop gave you. The kit fits fine. The advice on the tuning is good. The kit needs to be tuned or you will likely blow your motor. You would benefit from a better ecu solution than the Emanage Blue such as a UTEC. A TurboXS UTEC with a good tune with a Greddy kit is a great combo for some big power.

JET
Old 10-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, its a timebomb, straight out of the box. With the right upgrades and tuning, is actually a superb kit....especially for higher boost applications. Still very good at low boost too.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:41 AM
trashcan

Old thread, sorry.

Can you please explain exactly what parts absolutely have to be upgraded to run this kit on a completely stock Z at standard boost?
Old 12-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

throw out the EM for a UTEC, or something of the like.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:15 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

UTEC w/tune and a return fuel system will get it a lot safer
Old 12-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by trashcan
Old thread, sorry.

Can you please explain exactly what parts absolutely have to be upgraded to run this kit on a completely stock Z at standard boost?
At the standard 5.6psi I would do a UTEC w/Tuner Reg, Walbro Fuel Pump (RFS not needed at 5.6psi but certainly doesnt hurt), 1 step colder plugs, and some aftermarket exhaust. A 2.5" TD would be nice, and some test-pipes to really free up power. Also I hope it goes without mentioning you would need guages. And likely a clutch/fw, and hopefully some better tires for traction and brakes for slowing your speeding **** down

If your planning on big (500+whp) later you could just spend big bucks now on a 3" downpipe set with a TD 3" exhaust, heavier duty clutch/fw and sell the standard 440cc injectors for 550+cc, and add a fuel system, possibly bolt-ons like a plenum/spacer, ignition, etc, etc....
Old 01-06-2007, 01:15 AM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by Alberto
At the standard 5.6psi I would do a UTEC w/Tuner Reg, Walbro Fuel Pump (RFS not needed at 5.6psi but certainly doesnt hurt), 1 step colder plugs, and some aftermarket exhaust. A 2.5" TD would be nice, and some test-pipes to really free up power. Also I hope it goes without mentioning you would need guages. And likely a clutch/fw, and hopefully some better tires for traction and brakes for slowing your speeding **** down

If your planning on big (500+whp) later you could just spend big bucks now on a 3" downpipe set with a TD 3" exhaust, heavier duty clutch/fw and sell the standard 440cc injectors for 550+cc, and add a fuel system, possibly bolt-ons like a plenum/spacer, ignition, etc, etc....
I beg to differ 100% right u need to know ur aim,goal,whp... and then start building the Greddy TT is a great kit but if ur aiming to run it as is with the emanage-blue u r verey safe with 300 whp just with a good tune... if ur aiming more then u need the mentioned above... good luck..
Old 01-06-2007, 05:02 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by silver nismo
I beg to differ 100% right u need to know ur aim,goal,whp... and then start building the Greddy TT is a great kit but if ur aiming to run it as is with the emanage-blue u r verey safe with 300 whp just with a good tune... if ur aiming more then u need the mentioned above... good luck..
But you still need the autosport harness and the other piece ( I forgot the name ) to control the timing and a fuel pump. This would be the minimum to run this kit at stock psi.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:00 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

greddy kit with a UTEC or emanage ultimate and a return fuel system and professional tuning by an experienced turbo VQ tuner will result in your best chance of reliability and between 400-470rwhp depending on the level of risk you are willing to assume. You will need to add your own blow off valve and boost controller. If you want to run stock boost, with proper install it can be very reliable and should make around 360-370rwhp.