Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New turbo kit for 350z/G35

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
I don't see why not... if we (Evo's) can do it, you guys (Z's) should sure as hell be able to.

Jesus this thread is old.
Of course you can get it to fit but the qeustion is what are you willing to modify to get it to work. I had a large Turbonetics T70 single turbo on my Z back in 05 but it took a ton of work to get it to fit.

Last edited by Quamen; 10-30-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:02 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn cant believe i missed this thread
Old 10-30-2007, 08:06 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quamen
Of course you can get it to fit but the qeustion is what are you willing to moify to get it to work. I had a large Turbonetics T70 single turbo on my Z back in 05 but it took a ton of work to get it to fit.
Well, my car has a GTK850 in it now (which is basically a ported T72 housing). That's about the limit of what I think you'll be able to fit in that location without some modification of the radiator support. This was with a "tweaked" relocation of the turbo and some trimming to some of the useless brackets in there. One thing is that it had about the same clearance from the radiator as the 60-1 housing, which makes sense because the left side of the compressor isn't much different between the two turbos. I'm not sure how the physical sizing of the garrett housing stacks up but it might be close.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
Well, my car has a GTK850 in it now (which is basically a ported T72 housing). That's about the limit of what I think you'll be able to fit in that location without some modification of the radiator support. This was with a "tweaked" relocation of the turbo and some trimming to some of the useless brackets in there. One thing is that it had about the same clearance from the radiator as the 60-1 housing, which makes sense because the left side of the compressor isn't much different between the two turbos. I'm not sure how the physical sizing of the garrett housing stacks up but it might be close.
My point exactly. You guys have had to do a large amount of work to get it to fit properly. Yours was due to the tight tolerances you have towork with to get it to fit. You can vouch that it is no easy task. lol.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by Quamen
Of course you can get it to fit but the qeustion is what are you willing to moify to get it to work. I had a large Turbonetics T70 single turbo on my Z back in 05 but it took a ton of work to get it to fit.
I was talking about the power output, not physical size.