Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

How's that JWT TT Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 03:36 PM
coachk
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm probably one of the oldest guys on this forum and I have learned so much from the "gurus".I don't post alot but I do read alot and my Z is very very fast,thanks to the input of alot of guys like BriGuy.GRASSHOPPER you have much to learn so listen to these guys.

Whatever happened to FTW meaning fck the world.Did I fall asleep for 10 years or what...........
Old 01-13-2007, 10:01 AM
MightyMouse1975

Well, the problem isn't the fact that they're a Newb here.. I mean.. I'm a Newb here as far as I'm concerned, but I've been a member of 3si since 2000. I already know I need to search before asking some rediculous question in the form of a new thread. .. Unless this is the first time you've ever been on a message board you should know better.
What I do is I read other peoples posts that seem geared towards what I"m looking for.. If I don't see an answer to my specific question I politely ask someone in their PM .. someone that appears to have substantial knowledge in the field I'm questioning. ..

That being said..
Amsiol or Mobil1?
.. Sorry, that's usually a Motorcycle discussion that comes up every other friggin day on EVERY SINGLE motorcycle forum.. .. it's like.. uhh.. .. just use Shell Rotella and some dirt.. it works great!.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:03 AM
NA$TY

This thread has definitely strayed off topic...
Old 01-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by NA$TY
This thread has definitely strayed off topic...
They all stray off topic....
Old 01-13-2007, 11:43 AM
RBlover69

the jwt kit blows. Literally.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:36 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Simply awesome, even with just the split-second box; Imagine what you can do with a good EMS I have been running-in my car for more than a month now; shall be going in next week for my Hydra EMS

G
Old 01-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Nealoc187

lol, noobs these days...
Old 01-14-2007, 08:45 AM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The hydra ems is being released? Or are you beta testing it?
Old 01-14-2007, 03:19 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

The initial beta testing was done in California. My car will be one of those selected for the endurance testing.

G
Old 01-18-2007, 04:52 PM
ML2000

350Zzzz, please keep us updated on the hydra ems. I am looking at getting a engine management system later this year.

Matt
Old 01-18-2007, 05:50 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally Posted by Kf3
some of you guys make it so hard to get help around here. However there are a lot of good guys who have responded to my PMs with pertinent information, as opposed to "use the search button". I thank those people.
Really that's how it should be, we're all here to share our personal experiences and learn from others, it may not be professional, but just the same valid. There are no professionals here or anywhere; just those who are more experienced, those less and everyone in between

The VQ35DE has been out on the market barely 5 years, I know of the best of the best of engine builders who openly admit that they are still learning.

What you need to do is steer yourself to those or are in every respect more experienced. At this point in time the only system that I see that is most suited for the stock VQ35DE is the JWT twins, out-of-the-box. Jim Wolf is one of the masters in tweaking the NISSAN ECU code, his split second box is so simple, basic and so very effective.

There are other excellent turbo kits available in our current market, however, you will need a good third party management system and a good tuner.

Originally Posted by ML2000
350Zzzz, please keep us updated on the hydra ems. I am looking at getting a engine management system later this year.

Matt
Absolutely, will keep you updated.

G

PS: most of us need a good lesson in patience & tolerance
Old 01-18-2007, 07:22 PM
ML2000

Absolutely, will keep you updated.

G

PS: most of us need a good lesson in patience & tolerance
Thanks 350Zzzz
Old 01-18-2007, 08:30 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oleg
So, what's the best cold air intake?
F that, what test pipes should I get? I don't want rasp.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Nismo350ZRT

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
At this point in time the only system that I see that is most suited for the stock VQ35DE is the JWT twins, out-of-the-box. Jim Wolf is one of the masters in tweaking the NISSAN ECU code, his split second box is so simple, basic and so very effective.

There are other excellent turbo kits available in our current market, however, you will need a good third party management system and a good tuner.
Wow, what complete BS you just spewed up there. Do you lie from plain ignorance or do you do it intentionally to promote JWT?

First off, there is nothing out-of-box about the JWT TT kit. It has to be installed and tuned at one of Jim's selected shops. Please enlighten everybody on how you consider that out-of-box???

Second, you claim other kits require a third party EMU and a tune which is untrue. The APS ST/TT kits come with a Unichip and base tune which runs pretty damn good. I know because I'm using it.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:45 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mllm
The more time I spend on this site, the more I realize I am on the wrong site.
If it offends you when a nubie ask a question, ignore it. No need to put in your 75 iq points of response. You're not a bad ***, you only act as though you are because you had your *** beat so many times in school. This is your way of getting revenge. Sitting behind a computer and acting tough in your responses. Can you direct me to the sand box and jungle gym please?
Uh... So you're telling people to ignore the threads when they see something that they don't like. Why don't you ignore these "ignorant" people when you see something that you don't like about them? Why did you have to post a response..? Sorry I'm a nerdy programmer and I'm seeing some logic that doesn't make sense to me. So A == B, but B != A... hmm.. WORD!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:09 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
Wow, what complete BS you just spewed up there. Do you lie from plain ignorance or do you do it intentionally to promote JWT?

First off, there is nothing out-of-box about the JWT TT kit. It has to be installed and tuned at one of Jim's selected shops. Please enlighten everybody on how you consider that out-of-box???

Second, you claim other kits require a third party EMU and a tune which is untrue. The APS ST/TT kits come with a Unichip and base tune which runs pretty damn good. I know because I'm using it.
Read my lips.......I have the JWT kit and it performed the way it was suppose to "right-out-of-the-box".....period; No tuning of any sort needed, in fact the maps were preprogrammed from the factory. It was even calibrated specifically for my needs straight out from the factory, as I was running 7 psi on the BB-700, which was not the norm. The 700/s usually come with wastegate calibrated for 10/11 psi boost.

And, I do admit that I am partial towards the JWT/s, and I have good reason to, based on personal experience and that of friends.

So tell us Mr. Nismo350ZRT, please tell us how you would tune the JWT split second box in your shop. And do share with us your experience with your turbos. What do you have, BTW and how long have you been using FI on your VQ?

And, another advantage with the JWT, if you need some part or map overnight you can get it, same day delivery....even

And since you brought up APS, yes it is an excellent kit, I like it and the appearence; but the marketing in the US......definitely needs some major review, as it is definitely not customer oriented.

If you have something to share, speak.....but if you plan to be a jackazz.....go find another one that's your type.

G
Old 01-19-2007, 03:33 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

One more thing, Mr. Nismo350ZRT, the JWT FMU which is built into the fuel pump comes pre-set.

G
______

Old 01-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Nismo350ZRT

Read my lips.......I have the JWT kit and it performed the way it was suppose to "right-out-of-the-box".....period; No tuning of any sort needed, in fact the maps were preprogrammed from the factory. It was even calibrated specifically for my needs straight out from the factory, as I was running 7 psi on the BB-700, which was not the norm. The 700/s usually come with wastegate calibrated for 10/11 psi boost.
Well, if you could READ, I said install/tune. Regardless of whether the Split Second box has a base tune or not, you still cannot install it yourself. The term out-of-box by definition refers to the experience of doing it yourself. So you can try until your blue in the face but you will never be correct in calling it out-of-box. I suggest you look up the term because you are obviously ignorant of the meaning.

How about answering my second point about you claiming all other turbo kits requiring an EMU and a tune. Care to explain?

Oh, and calling me a jackass without rebutting my points is typical of a person unable to defend their stupid statements.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:52 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

"but if you plan to be a jackazz"; very distinct difference from calling you a jackazz. So let's not put words in my mouth.

Having differences is healthy, but being unnecessarily abrasive & belligerent; that’s being a jackazz. You have the choice of being civil or continue in the direction as below

Wow, what complete BS you just spewed up there. Do you lie from plain ignorance or do you do it intentionally to promote JWT?............QUOTE]

Well, if you could READ, I said install/tune. Regardless of whether the Split Second box has a base tune or not, you still cannot install it yourself. The term out-of-box by definition refers to the experience of doing it yourself. So you can try until your blue in the face but you will never be correct in calling it out-of-box. I suggest you look up the term because you are obviously ignorant of the meaning.
How about answering my second point about you claiming all other turbo kits requiring an EMU and a tune. Care to explain?

Oh, and calling me a jackass without rebutting my points is typical of a person unable to defend their stupid statements.
Ok so you made your point...... you are lacking in civil vocabulary

out-of-box by any definition is out-of-box in a DIY backyard or in a performance garage.

It was the most basic install I have ever witness, and that is even compared with my procharger installed back in 2003.

Install/check cooling/check boost........435 rwhp out-of-the-box; nada tweaking. Nothing could have been more simple than that. Oh...BTW, I am still running stock injectors, while waiting for the rest of package to get in. Super job Jim

G

Old 01-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Nismo350ZRT

"but if you plan to be a jackazz"; very distinct difference from calling you a jackazz. So let's not put words in my mouth.

Having differences is healthy, but being unnecessarily abrasive & belligerent; that’s being a jackazz. You have the choice of being civil or continue in the direction as below

Ok so you made your point...... you are lacking in civil vocabulary

out-of-box by any definition is out-of-box in a DIY backyard or in a performance garage.

It was the most basic install I have ever witness, and that is even compared with my procharger installed back in 2003.

Install/check cooling/check boost........435 rwhp out-of-the-box; nada tweaking. Nothing could have been more simple than that. Oh...BTW, I am still running stock injectors, while waiting for the rest of package to get in. Super job Jim

G
Saying to somebody "I will no longer talk to you if you plan on being a jackazz" means you feel they are behaving like one in the present conversation. If that were not the true, why even make the statement? Yes, my choice of words were definitely not conducive to a civil discussion. You got me there. I apologize for that but sometimes I get hell bent on details.

Anyways, I agree with you that the JWT TT kit is an awesome kit. I think you made a great choice. In fact, if I was able to buy it and install it myself, I just might have went JWT TT instead of APS TT. You really should try getting Jim to sell the kit to the public.

Good luck with your project!

Quick Reply: How's that JWT TT Kit?