Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Another Heat Wrap Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Kenk2
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Heat Wrap Question

Hey fellas..

I was hoping you guiys could tell me what are the most important parts of the motor to heat wrap when going FI with the Greddy..?? I appreciate all your input!

Thanks in advance

Ken
Old 01-30-2007, 07:51 PM
evimero350

Yea I would like to know too...Im doing the Greddy install right now, and I know the instructions say the most important part is wrapping the fuel lines
Old 01-31-2007, 07:25 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never installed a greddy kit, but I would just wrap everything possible if you think there is a possible heat issue. That is what I did on my TN kit, and I never had a problem.

Go overboard with the aluminum heat relfectant tape!!! I like the thermo-tec stuff the best.

Also, if you look on greddy's website, you can find the install instructions. In the instructions, they tell you wrap the starter, fuel line, and EVAC line. You don't want to melt those lines... I think they also tell you to wrap the main wiring harness that runs up the side of the tranny.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:31 AM
Kenk2
Professional

Thanks QuadCam, I appreciate your input!

Originally Posted by QuadCam
I've never installed a greddy kit, but I would just wrap everything possible if you think there is a possible heat issue. That is what I did on my TN kit, and I never had a problem.

Go overboard with the aluminum heat relfectant tape!!! I like the thermo-tec stuff the best.

Also, if you look on greddy's website, you can find the install instructions. In the instructions, they tell you wrap the starter, fuel line, and EVAC line. You don't want to melt those lines... I think they also tell you to wrap the main wiring harness that runs up the side of the tranny.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Kenk2
Professional

Originally Posted by QuadCam
Where do you use that stuff at?

EDIT.. I apologize if they are the same thing.. heat wrap and thermo tec.. I am so green to this.. I am trying to research as much as I can before this installation.. Doe sthe thermo tec go with the heat wrap.. I am going ot get some wrap from Sharif as soon as he gets back to me..

Last edited by Kenk2; 01-31-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:35 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I buy from summit. I also tried the similar stuff from heatshieldproducts.com, but I like the Thermo-Tec ThermoShield Ultra better. This stuff is for rejecting or protecting things from heat.

Lasting heat protection.
Thermo-Shield Ultra aluminized adhesive-backed tape is great for wrapping the hoses and wires you don't want to remove. It can also be wrapped around odd-shaped components for lasting heat protection. Wrap it around a fuel line and say goodbye to vapor lock. It reflects radiant heat up to 2,000 degrees F, and is twice as thick as the original Thermo-Shield.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:07 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/242964-heat-wrap-question.html <- on infor where not to wrap....

wrap all the cables for the o2 sensors and things liek that that would melt if they touch the piping... you wont wanna have a short/ground somewhere and then have to find out "where its coming from " from a melted cable.