Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

**My Experience - Forged Performance Greddy TT w/extras install review**

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:17 PM
BootieMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **My Experience - Forged Performance Greddy TT w/extras install review**

I’m sure most of you are probably getting tired of hearing about a shop in Marietta, GA called Forged Performance, and how the guys and gal there know their stuff, have a clean shop, great customer service, and have an awesome tuner. Well, you’re going to hear about it again…

My experience with Sharif and crew from literally day one has been great. He answered all my questions via email or phone call ( I may hold the record for the most asked questions) very timely.

My project began about 6 months ago when I started planning and staging the turbo project by buying parts such as ECU, gauges, fuel return system, etc. Most of the parts were purchased through Forged Performance without any problems whatsoever and at a pretty decent price. Sharif never tried to push anything on me that I didn’t need, and in fact, he recommended some of the item(s) that I was looking to purchase wasn’t really needed for my setup. That right there speaks very highly of him.

Fast forward 5+ months and tons of questions later…I find myself driving to Georgia. When I arrived there Sandy greeted me and Sharif introduced himself. Everyone there was very friendly. Top notch customer service means a lot in my book. After talking for what felt like a few minutes, but was actually probably close to an hour, Sharif reminded me that I should leave to catch my plane back. I was so exhausted from the drive that I completely lost track of time. They were even kind enough to take me to the airport. Thanks Mack!

1 ½ weeks later I’m flying back to Georgia to pick up my car. Shortly after I arrive, I took the car out for a quick test drive (that quick test drive turned out to be an hour long). I was blown away by the differences between what I had before (N20 at about 300+rwhp) and at stock boost (345rwhp). At 8.7 psi the car makes 392rwhp on the infamous “heartbreaker” dyno (about 440+rwhp on a Dynojet). The car just feels and sounds completely different

Well, here’s where it gets interesting. After my long drive home without any issues and on my last stretch on my local highway, a BMW M3 wants to play. I wasn’t going to bite since I just wanted to get home and rest, but he was pacing me for a long time. With my new setup what was I to do? (Mind you, I was boosting quite a bit beforehand…made for a very short drive ) Anyhow, as soon as I hear him punch it, I hit WOT and then…fuel cut! I’m like WTF!? Check my boost controller and it peaked all the way to 12.8 psi!! I call Sharif the next day and he walks me through the vacuum lines to check for a leak. Sure enough one of the vacuum silicon hoses cracked off the wastegate. I was puzzled as to how this could have happened so soon, but was just relieved that we found the problem and that it was easily repairable.

This is where the all important “customer service” comes into play. First of all, I felt that Sharif was right next to me helping me out while he was on the phone guiding me through. Secondly, he offered to pay a local shop for the repair work on the hoses to have them rerouted just to be on the safe side since they were kind of close to the dump pipe. Most shops would have just helped out the on the phone which would have been fine, but Sharif took the extra time to make sure the job was done right.

Not everyone and/or shop is perfect..but it’s how you treat your customers after the sale that is important.

Thanks again to the crew at Forged Performance. They have earned my business…

Last edited by BootieMAN; 03-15-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Dubai

Another happy customer. Good job Sharif!!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:45 PM
MIAPLAYA

I can't say I'm surprised to read this. Sharif continuosuly provides OUTSTANDING service to each and every customer regardless of money spent. The follow up, attention to detail, honesty, and dedication to customer satisfaction are what makes his shop a first rate outfit. Congrats and props to Sharif for yet another excellent review. Its pretty rare these days to see a shop that has nothing but the positve being posted. It seems everyone is quick to post negatives. The average person tells about 3-5 people about a good experience and 18-20 about a bad. For Sharif to have worked on this many cars and not have one negative feed back that I can recall on this board speaks volumes.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome, nice to see he took care of the misfortune, I know Sharif would get up at 2am to help/tow me if I needed him Sharif's dad is the official airport transporter of Forged Performance lol, he also gave me a ride.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Zexy

Sharif's FP heartworming stories are like hot Campbell's Soup.....
Old 03-15-2007, 08:45 PM
redline350ZZ

Nice
Old 03-15-2007, 09:09 PM
rlw222

I must say I was impressed whith Sharif and the lady I talked to before ordering my vortech . Then after they recived my check today he calls me to tell me he has recived my $$$$ and wants to verify my shipping addy!!
Also says if the tech installing it for me needs any advise to feel free to call. WOW is all I can say. It is a rare thing in this day to get such top notch service and a great feeling from a busuness . Told me if I get down to his part of the country to call him before I do and will set up a tune for me .
Old 03-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Dubai

Sharif, any plans to come to Dubai?
Old 03-16-2007, 06:09 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy your new setup!

No shop is perfect and free of problems, but it's how the shop deals with those problems that define them - +1 Forged Performance is a Great Shop!
Old 03-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Hey John, thanks for the great review. I was about ready to hop on a plane when John mentioned the boost issue. Glad we quickly resolved it, and I think John learned a few things about his car along the way!

We made 50 dyno passes and an hour road testing without any issues....and as luck would have it...a vaccum line comes off when the customer is a few minutes away from his house, after a 10 hour'ish drive.

Enjoy the new power!
Old 03-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by rlw222
I must say I was impressed whith Sharif and the lady I talked to before ordering my vortech . Then after they recived my check today he calls me to tell me he has recived my $$$$ and wants to verify my shipping addy!!
Also says if the tech installing it for me needs any advise to feel free to call. WOW is all I can say. It is a rare thing in this day to get such top notch service and a great feeling from a busuness . Told me if I get down to his part of the country to call him before I do and will set up a tune for me .
Thanks R.....hope to see you soon!
Old 03-16-2007, 06:59 AM
350Z_LEE

Definitely a top notch buisness. Time to expand!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:03 AM
baptist

If only all businesses were run in such a professional and courteous manner. My dealings with Forged Performance, and Sharif and his staff have been nothing but A1.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:33 AM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

seriously i wish i lived closer.. even 1000 miles i would be driving to him asap.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:53 AM
002-M-P

Sometimes I wish I didn't work on my own car because there is such a reliable shop close (relatively that is) to me...but until that time there is still the tuning that needs to get done and only one place to take it to....get ready for the RB in a couple of months Sharif
Old 03-16-2007, 01:17 PM
BootieMAN

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Hey John, thanks for the great review. I was about ready to hop on a plane when John mentioned the boost issue. Glad we quickly resolved it, and I think John learned a few things about his car along the way!

We made 50 dyno passes and an hour road testing without any issues....and as luck would have it...a vaccum line comes off when the customer is a few minutes away from his house, after a 10 hour'ish drive.

Enjoy the new power!
Not a problem! I was going to tell everyone about you hopping on the plane to come up here if need be. It was just that I didn't know if you wanted that to be public or not. But yes folks, it's true. I was simply blown away when he told me that he would fly up here before I would ship the car back! You simply can't find customer service like that these days. What amazes me even further is that the same level of customer service is shown by everyone at the shop Sandy, Devon, Chris, Mack, the entire crew!

Like I said before, he earned my busniess and it's no brainer where I take my car when I'm ready to build. Keep up the great work!

I better stop talking about Forged Performance before Sharif has to start paying me
Old 03-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by 002-M-P
Sometimes I wish I didn't work on my own car because there is such a reliable shop close (relatively that is) to me...but until that time there is still the tuning that needs to get done and only one place to take it to....get ready for the RB in a couple of months Sharif
MP, our AWD dyno should arrive in 2-3 weeks...in case you upgrade to AWD status.....maybe???
Old 03-16-2007, 03:20 PM
002-M-P

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
MP, our AWD dyno should arrive in 2-3 weeks...in case you upgrade to AWD status.....maybe???
Hehe, not this time around at least...would be interesting to see though.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:31 PM
dharp65

He also tuned my car on Monday and let me use his truck to grab some food!! Sharif, you da man. Can you give me a job?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:33 PM
frostyrock7c

Sharif... what's wrong with your website???? I keep getting a "404 File Not found" error message????

Quick Reply: **My Experience - Forged Performance Greddy TT w/extras install review**