Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Want to convert over to Speed/Density?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Trav4011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to convert over to Speed/Density?

I installed a MAF Translator Pro today on a customers Supra.. This thing is pretty damn nice. Basically.. it hooks up like a AFC, and converts to speed/density (we're running a 3 bar MAP sensor).. allowing you to completely get rid of your airflow meter. Installation and setup/tuning took me approximately 2 hours. The unit also has a timing retard function, with 10 different RPM windows to adjust.. You can also adjust for larger injectors.. There is a TPS tip-in enrichment with control over onset and decay. This will drastically improve driveability fine tuning. The other cool thing, is that it has a built in boost controller as well. All you have to do is buy the solenoid and harness. It will also auto-tune with the use of a Wideband.. Idle/low throttle, partial throttle AND wide open throttle. Overall, it has the same function as a Emanage Ultimate, but is 10 times easier to set up and use. It comes with it's own keypad, so you don't have to hook up a laptop.. The kicker is the price.. 395.00 for the complete setup! I was very impressed at how easy this thing was to set up and use.. I will never use another AFC or Emanage.. ever again. No more busted MAFS.. no more pain in the *** Emanage software to play with.. No more need to have ECU tuning performed (unless you want a higher rev limiter). IMO, this is the best bang for the buck.

www.maftpro.com

Check it out..

Travis
Old 04-15-2007, 04:34 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Trav4011
I installed a MAF Translator Pro today on a customers Supra.. This thing is pretty damn nice. Basically.. it hooks up like a AFC, and converts to speed/density (we're running a 3 bar MAP sensor).. allowing you to completely get rid of your airflow meter. Installation and setup/tuning took me approximately 2 hours. The unit also has a timing retard function, with 10 different RPM windows to adjust.. You can also adjust for larger injectors.. There is a TPS tip-in enrichment with control over onset and decay. This will drastically improve driveability fine tuning. The other cool thing, is that it has a built in boost controller as well. All you have to do is buy the solenoid and harness. It will also auto-tune with the use of a Wideband.. Idle/low throttle, partial throttle AND wide open throttle. Overall, it has the same function as a Emanage Ultimate, but is 10 times easier to set up and use. It comes with it's own keypad, so you don't have to hook up a laptop.. The kicker is the price.. 395.00 for the complete setup! I was very impressed at how easy this thing was to set up and use.. I will never use another AFC or Emanage.. ever again. No more busted MAFS.. no more pain in the *** Emanage software to play with.. No more need to have ECU tuning performed (unless you want a higher rev limiter). IMO, this is the best bang for the buck.

www.maftpro.com

Check it out..

Travis
Nice looking unit Travis. Is this similar to the old HKS VPC?
Old 04-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Trav4011

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Nice looking unit Travis. Is this similar to the old HKS VPC?
It performs the exact same function as the VPC.. but, it gives you complete control over the parameters.. instead of having to just switch chips out to get what you want. Plus, it has a TON of other features which are very useful. I'm going to try one out on a built/turbocharged QR to see how well it works at high boost levels.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:35 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Trav4011
It performs the exact same function as the VPC.. but, it gives you complete control over the parameters.. instead of having to just switch chips out to get what you want. Plus, it has a TON of other features which are very useful. I'm going to try one out on a built/turbocharged QR to see how well it works at high boost levels.
Interesting. Let us know how it goes...
Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 AM
THE TECH

Subscribed for more news.