Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

STS Turbo 350Z Proto

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:37 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plumpzz
You should be skeptical. Everyone was skeptical back in the day. I was looking at OLD OLD logs of the greddy kit when it first come out. People where averaging 340-350whp on twins. Skepticism is what drove vendors and manufacturers to push production of better quality ect.. I think this kit will turn out to be a great alternative to the APS and TN ST kits as well as the vortech kit. I have high hopes for this kit.
More options is never a bad thing. Compared to the other ST kits on the market, the only way I could see this kit making 400whp is with increased boost levels or advanced timing and higher octane fuel or water/meth injection a the stock boost level.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:38 AM
captj3

I love a shop that comes to the forums to find out about a product. Call sts and ask them what R&D they did on a Z with a automatic tranny. That should be the least you can do for your customer. You are expecting 400 rwhp? This should be good I'm going to get my popcorn now.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:10 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by JL Turbo
We are about to do one of the first 350Z turbo kits, but it is on a A5 car. Customer's only concern is whether or not the trans is going to hold ~ 400rwhp turbo'd.

Can any of you guys with 380rwhp - 430rwhp automatics comment? How much power can these hold stock? Any suggested upgrades that will make it last? Shift kit? Converter? Etc?

Also, we have about 3 more spots for the intro price at $4500. Contact if interested.

Thanks
What are you using for tuning? what experience do you have with the VQ35?And how do you have 3 slots left when the kits have not even come out of production yet??
PS become a sponsor..
Old 04-26-2007, 06:33 AM
JL Turbo

Originally Posted by taurran
I've seen claims that this kit at stock boost levels will make 406whp. I'm not trying to bash the kit by any means, just call me skeptical...
To be honest with you I feel the same way. And it doesnt help that our first will probably be on an Auto. And yes, it will make that power, but at what boost? Wastegated boost level is about 5.5-6psi. At 8-10psi im sure it will make over 400 but do we want to go that high? We do have a fuel pump that will flow safely to about 550rwhp. We'll see.

Originally Posted by captj3
I love a shop that comes to the forums to find out about a product. Call sts and ask them what R&D they did on a Z with a automatic tranny. That should be the least you can do for your customer. You are expecting 400 rwhp? This should be good I'm going to get my popcorn now.

We are the R&D. STS has not touched an Automatic 350Z. Thats why this is a prototype. If it was a final release why would I have come here? Where do you see that I came to the forums to find out about a product? We came here to find out 1 thing about the car. We know the STS kit through and through. You've got things a little mixed up. This forum is a community intended for people to share information. If you dont have anything positive to contribute, dont post!!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:40 AM
JL Turbo

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
What are you using for tuning? what experience do you have with the VQ35?And how do you have 3 slots left when the kits have not even come out of production yet??
PS become a sponsor..
3 slots left. That is what we are contributing. If I wanted to I could get 10 cars to test. Whats the question?
The tuning system is top notch. I cant say much about it, but it is fully configurable based on load (map, 2bar) so it will allow fuel control up to ~ 14.5psi
Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 AM
MIAPLAYA

No disrespect intended but if you are here to just learn about the car that's one thing. There are plenty of shops here to learn about the car and share information ABOUT THE CAR that aren't board sponsors and that's fine. The problem is that its clearly not your only agenda. Your first post is a clear indication of that. You mention people contacting you about securing one of the other 3 pre-release kits at a discounted price. That would be fine, IF YOU WERE A BOARD SPONSOR. You aren't. If you want to learn about the 350Z and the holding capacity of the factory 5AT transmission great. Create a thread, do some searching, have a great time. But until you become a sponsor you should NOT be advertising ANYTHING... As an aside before you go around bragging to people about how many cars you can get for a test and acting is if you somehow own the 350Z tuning you may want to pick up a sponsorship and maybe prove your work here. This is without a doubt the largest single 350Z community on the web. We have plenty of proven shops and vendors here that we know and trust. People like MRC (Julian), Sharif, Speed Force Racing, Function2nd, and everyone else I'm forgetting right now. If you want to be successful on this forum and in this community you may want to hold off on the holier then thou attitude until you have proven yourself as they have...

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 04-26-2007 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

We are the R&D. STS has not touched an Automatic 350Z.
No, your CUSTOMER is R&D, since you have no clue what your doing on the 350Z let alone and Auto..lol..NEWB..

Thats why this is a prototype. If it was a final release why would I have come here?
Pretty encouraging when a shop has to come to an online forum to seek knowledge on a car their working on..lol, glad it aint my car..
Where do you see that I came to the forums to find out about a product? We came here to find out 1 thing about the car.
The car you have no clue about...lol

We know the STS kit through and through.
That is not a huge accomplishment consideri ng the entire kit consists of a Turbo,and a few pieces of pipe, and an oil sump pump..Your a tool..we can install this kit in our sleep..lol, try an APS or Greddy TT kit next time..

You've got things a little mixed up. This forum is a community intended for people to share information.
Correct, however, ******** like you, that try and ***** shit out, without even paying your dues, make me sick..We have been here over 3 years and know the 350Z inside and out, and you think your hot shit cause you have bolted a few turbo's in place of a muffler on a few cars??

If you dont have anything positive to contribute, dont post!!
right, and if your not paying the $100 a month here, dont try and sell your crap..
Old 04-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

The tuning system is top notch. I cant say much about it, but it is fully configurable based on load (map, 2bar) so it will allow fuel control up to ~ 14.5psi
LOL, you fucking tool....Turbo XS UTEC?Who do you think turned Rick Squires on to it and sells it to him you dumbass..LOL..In fact, who do you think Turbo XS worked closely with in releasing and testing the UTEC, and is responsible for tuning and installing hundreds of these units thus far...lol
your so stupid you think you got some top secret JDM stuff over there..lol at you fool..
Good luck blowing up your customers car...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:17 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Julian, arent you doing the first install?
on a 5AT G35....

I agree with all the above posts pay to be a sponsor or dont offer products. That is unfair to all the quality vendors here.

However for your sake JL I would make damn sure this doesn't flop and/or too many toes have been stepped on, because honestly that would be worthless IMHO. Better yet just be honest and forward... the 4500 price is good when you consider UTEC, Map Sensor, turbo, piping, but we dont know all the components nor have pics of everything laying out. Dont sell the kit yet, inform us on its progress, if we like the kit it will sell itself, like julian was saying dont put the cart before the horse. Take note from even a beloved group on here Turbonetics and their Stage II fiasco, research and learn it is brutal here and the truth will always come out.

-Don
Old 04-26-2007, 07:17 AM
JL Turbo

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
No disrespect intended but if you are here to just learn about the car that's one thing. There are plenty of shops here to learn about the car and share information ABOUT THE CAR that aren't board sponsors and that's fine. The problem is that its clearly not your only agenda. Your first post is a clear indication of that. You mention people contacting you about securing one of the other 3 pre-release kits at a discounted price. That would be fine, IF YOU WERE A BOARD SPONSOR. You aren't. If you want to learn about the 350Z and the holding capacity of the factory 5AT transmission great. Create a thread, do some searching, have a great time. But until you become a sponsor you should NOT be advertising ANYTHING... As an aside before you go around bragging to people about how many cars you can get for a test and acting is if you somehow own the 350Z tuning you may want to pick up a sponsorship and maybe prove your work here. This is without a doubt the largest single 350Z community on the web. We have plenty of proven shops and vendors here that we know and trust. People like MRC (Julian), Sharif, Speed Force Racing, Function2nd, and everyone else I'm forgetting right now. If you want to be successful on this forum and in this community you may want to hold off on the holier then though attitude until you have proven yourself as they have...
We did come here to seek information. We are not about to become a sponsor on a forum until we have a product to sponsor...which we dont yet. When we get a few of these built, tuned, and tested, I will surely come back here, sign up for sponsorship, and post offers to my hearts content. Becoming a sponsor to advertise a proto kit is not good practice. This offer is made to a few individuals who would like to be part of the final testing phase of this kit. No offense, but it sounds like you are just whining, for what reason I dont know? Because I am a new member so I am the one to pick on? Me becoming a sponsor at this point in time is a waste. If the forum guys would like to charge me a couple bucks for mentioning sale of the kit, fine. But I think they know that once we get a few of these out there we will be signing up. Consider it a test drive if you will. And if they want to remove the thread, fine. But I think it is understood that we just came on here to ask one genuine question. Some have been helpful, and we thank you. One measly thread with a simple mention that STS has some proto kits, and we get flamed. Not sure how I came off with a holier than 'THOU' attitude. Im not sure how these simple question threads end up in arguments like this...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:29 AM
MIAPLAYA

We did come here to seek information. We are not about to become a sponsor on a forum until we have a product to sponsor...which we dont yet. When we get a few of these built, tuned, and tested, I will surely come back here, sign up for sponsorship, and post offers to my hearts content. Becoming a sponsor to advertise a proto kit is not good practice. This offer is made to a few individuals who would like to be part of the final testing phase of this kit. No offense, but it sounds like you are just whining, for what reason I dont know? Because I am a new member so I am the one to pick on? Me becoming a sponsor at this point in time is a waste. If the forum guys would like to charge me a couple bucks for mentioning sale of the kit, fine. But I think they know that once we get a few of these out there we will be signing up. Consider it a test drive if you will. And if they want to remove the thread, fine. But I think it is understood that we just came on here to ask one genuine question. Some have been helpful, and we thank you. One measly thread with a simple mention that STS has some proto kits, and we get flamed. Not sure how I came off with a holier than 'THOU' attitude. Im not sure how these simple question threads end up in arguments like this...
Now I'm whining? Take a note from Julian and come back when you have a clue about the 350Z. Hate to break your heart princess but you aren't the only shop asked to do prototype work on this kit. MRC was also and they are already a sponsor of the site and an established shop in the 350Z. Your entry into the 350Z community is already the wrong one and now we are whining because you feel you are better then having to pay for selling kits. You want info on the 5AT for this car, there's a search function, use it. Good bye troll...

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 04-26-2007 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Devil Z

LOL, you fucking tool....Turbo XS UTEC?Who do you think turned Rick Squires on to it and sells it to him you dumbass..LOL..In fact, who do you think Turbo XS worked closely with in releasing and testing the UTEC, and is responsible for tuning and installing hundreds of these units thus far...lol
your so stupid you think you got some top secret JDM stuff over there..lol at you fool..
Seriously . . "I can't say much about it at this point" WOW . . . . . top secret JDM Tyte EMS maybe they have Julian?

For serious.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:45 AM
JL Turbo

Thank You MRC, this is my point exactly. Everyone look! Guys like this who love to start talking sh*t and take threads way off topic. Did you relieve some stress? Did you get it all out? HAHA hilarious

lol back at ya since my partner and I are both graduate engineers and have written our own OBDII interfaces, albeit with wireless data transmission. You have no idea who you are talking to as far as tuning is concerned. We have tuned stock GM PCM's with new OS's with 3bar MAP capability. These are PCMs that were never intended for FI or anything over 1bar Maps. Not some piggyback UTEC. lmao. I never said I had top secret tuning stuff, I said I couldnt say because we havent used it yet. Wow, quick to judge. Gotta love forums. Just because we have no experience with the 350Z does not mean we are new to the game by any means. The cars we normally deal with are in a completely different class. Example, yesterday we tuned an otherwise bone stock 02 corvette with 6psi procharged. 514rwhp, conservative 11.7AFR. Last week an Automatic C6, 6psi: http://www.jlturbo.com/dynotunes/jon...procharged.jpg

I will always favor GM's, but am definitely interested to see what this Z can do.

Keep on flaming and turning this into another soap opera thread. I wont be a part of it, trust me.

To those who would like to share useful, constructive information, I appreciate it.

Last edited by JL Turbo; 04-26-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:55 AM
MIAPLAYA

Thank You MRC, this is my point exactly. Everyone look! Guys like this who love to start talking sh*t and take threads way off topic. Did you relieve some stress? Did you get it all out? HAHA hilarious

lol back at ya since my partner and I are both graduate engineers and have written our own OBDII interfaces, albeit with wireless data transmission. You have no idea who you are talking to as far as tuning is concerned. We have tuned stock GM PCM's with new OS's with 3bar MAP capability. These are PCMs that were never intended for FI or anything over 1bar Maps. Not some piggyback UTEC. lmao. I never said I had top secret tuning stuff, I said I couldnt say because we havent used it yet. Wow, quick to judge. Gotta love forums. Just because we have no experience with the 350Z does not mean we are new to the game by any means. The cars we normally deal with are in a completely different class. Example, yesterday we tuned an otherwise bone stock 02 corvette with 6psi procharged. 514rwhp, conservative 11.7AFR. Last week an Automatic C6, 6psi: http://www.jlturbo.com/dynotunes/jon...procharged.jpg

I will always favor GM's, but am definitely interested to see what this Z can do.

Keep on flaming and turning this into another soap opera thread. I wont be a part of it, trust me.

To those who would like to share useful, constructive information, I appreciate it.
You would think as a graduate engineer you could use a function called search and find out all you need to know about the automatic transmission in this car instead of posting a thread asking for the inner secrets of something that complex. But then again most of us see this for what it was. A half hearted attempt to learn what power it can hold while promoting yourself and trying sell something regardless of the fact it circumvents the rules of this forum. But hey I guess us non-graduate engineers have no idea what we're doing.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:01 AM
drewb612

hmmm might have to take a trip up to ftl when one of these beeches are done being installed

where is your shop located?
Old 04-26-2007, 08:06 AM
JL Turbo

Now I'm whining? Take a note from Julian and come back when you have a clue about the 350Z. Hate to break your heart princess but you aren't the only shop asked to do prototype work on this kit. MRC was also and they are already a sponsor of the site and an established shop in the 350Z. Your entry into the 350Z community is already the wrong one and now we are whining because you feel you are better then having to pay for selling kits. You want info on the 5AT for this car, there's a search function, use it. Good bye troll...
Hey man no disrespect about the whining comment, I just wish we could stay on topic.

I'll admit we are new to the forum and new to the 350z community in general and that you guys have way more experience with this vehicle than we do. I never said otherwise. I simply came here to find out about the trans because a customer asked whether or not it would hold up. If we run into another issue, we will come to find out about it before proceeding. Thats what the forums are for.

If you come to LS1TECH or any of the similar forums, I would be glad to answer any questions and tell you all about the Auto trans or whatever question you could possibly imagine.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:07 AM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everybody, shut the hell up and wait 4 numbers. when the numbers come, then b1tch and complain, until then, stfu, cuz ud all feel pretty stupid if the kit made 400+rwhp at 6 psi. if it doesnt, by all means, go nuts. but every thread about sumthing new turns in 2 an argument. let them do there work, even if its not up 2 par w/ wut we expect, and wut we kno. if it fails, it fails, if it doesn't, well then we got another kit here in the community. maybe this chap is new 2 the z community, but 4 years ago, we all were 2 werent we? u gotta start sumwhere, and at least it'd b blowing up a 5at rather than a 6mt lol
Old 04-26-2007, 08:10 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

@ 6psi on an auto on a DD dyno, If it makes 400hp with stock tune I will be in awe, until then good luck.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:13 AM
JL Turbo

You would think as a graduate engineer you could use a function called search and find out all you need to know about the automatic transmission in this car instead of posting a thread asking for the inner secrets of something that complex. But then again most of us see this for what it was. A half hearted attempt to learn what power it can hold while promoting yourself and trying sell something regardless of the fact it circumvents the rules of this forum. But hey I guess us non-graduate engineers have no idea what we're doing.
Search didnt come up with much specific to my main question: How much power can these hold stock?
At least that I could find.

Look if that last line about the kits is really that offensive, they can take it out. That is their prerogative.

Gotta get back to work this is becoming a waste of time. Not sure if I even want to be a part of a forum like this. Our GM community is much more welcoming.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:19 AM
MIAPLAYA

Search didnt come up with much specific to my main question: How much power can these hold stock?
At least that I could find.

Look if that last line about the kits is really that offensive, they can take it out. That is their prerogative.

Gotta get back to work this is becoming a waste of time. Not sure if I even want to be a part of a forum like this. Our GM community is much more welcoming.
Found using search: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hlight=5AT+max

Your welcome...

Quick Reply: STS Turbo 350Z Proto