Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Function:TUNED – 563.7 DynoDynamics (REAL) RWHP - STOCK MOTOR!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 05:56 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thawk408
If this power is achieveable on the stock block then how come GTM's car let go at 15psi? They were using an Fcon and their tuning is top notch.

Maybe there was issues with that tune, who knows? My tuner gave me a 400hp car and I am running 11.9's and ******* the pi$$ out of it. Mr Fcon keep A/F in check it adjust to keep running the target A/F. I might be wrong I am not a tuner, so take that and anything I say with a grain of salt. I still belive its in the tune.

Thawk now you just jinks me, Ill porbably blow my motor this weekend at the track, and its all your fault
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by AFitchTLS
Just so I have this correct, plus a few questions............. You guys only warranty it up to 9psi, and anything over that, the Owner of the Car is responsible? You pushed the cars Stock limit to 19psi til it went Ka-Boom in that race against the C6 vette? At what point during your testing did you all experience HeadLift?
Head lift is 100% about timing and static compression ratio. We experianced NO NONE NADDA ABSOLUTLY NIL Head Lift. The stock headgaskets are very well designed and the stock head bolts are also well designed. I question if the upgraded head studs and gaskets are the cause of headlift issues along with improper tuning and compression ratios. It should be noted that a dyno even the best one like the Dyno Dynamics can never truely give you real world compaisions to the 100%. Hense the motor going on the street.

Please take this all with a grain of salt. We will be doing more testing on some built motors in the near future to find out what the issue really is.

Last edited by DaveFunction2ND; 05-01-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Oleg

I hate you guys, why can't anyone local to me offer such a warranty?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:06 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to chime in. I saw atleast 10 of the "high boost" pulls in person (got 3 on video). I also remember seeing 569.5 whp on one of the pulls. I guess dave didn't use it because the power curve didn't look as nice.

The last two youtube videos were taken by my crappy digital camera.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 05-01-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:09 PM
turismo

Wow nicely done!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:10 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

If this power is achieveable on the stock block then how come GTM's car let go at 15psi? They were using an Fcon and their tuning is top notch.
GTM's car let go on the track. The track is a much different scenario. We will not be providing a warranty for track use. Drag or road race. The F-Con is a device that allows much better tuning at ALL throttle loads. The UTEC is not very tunable with huge injectors when it is not in boost. In boost the UTEC should provide 90% of what the F-Con provides if tuned and setup properly.

GTM uses a DynoJet. A DynoJet is not a tuning tool it is a power measurement tool. You can get close with a DynoJet but the DynoDynamics allows me to get such granular readouts and repeatability to the 1% change run to run. This is the difference between a load based (DD) dyno and and inertia based dyno (DJ). I'll be doing a write up soon so that eveyone can understand why this is the case. I have had the opportunity to tune on DynoJets, Mustang Dynos, DynoDynamics, and on the street. Without a doubt the DynoDynamics is head and shoulders above the competition. This is why Toyota, Subaru, and Honda all use it as their Factory Testing Device.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:11 PM
zchick321

it's funny watching everyone in the background of the 3rd video hold their ears.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:16 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
track times?? traps speeds?? at 560 hp you should be close to 128-130 for sure....
Motor FINALLY failed on the street so no track times.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:16 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by zchick321
it's funny watching everyone in the background of the 3rd video hold their ears.
LOL unfortunately, because I was holding the camera, I couldn't hold my ears. But yes it was loud.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:18 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by Nowell
No head lift, no knock, Dave will have to give the details.
With the correct timing I was able to tune to this level with ZERO knock. This is using stock TurboXS Knock Paramaters. I was worried we had not installed the knock sensor due to the lack of knock until finally at 18PSI I got a knock count of 03 at 6340.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:18 PM
abyss

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
The track is a much different scenario. We will not be providing a warranty for track use. Drag or road race. .
Wont that make the warranty pretty much worthless?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:20 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by Oleg
I hate you guys, why can't anyone local to me offer such a warranty?
We offer transporter services! Door to Door delivery service.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:20 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

track and cooling
Old 05-01-2007, 06:21 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by abyss
Wont that make the warranty pretty much worthless?
I doubt it. If you want to track your car set it up properly. If you want a fast street car then the stock motor is just fine. Track abuse is 10 fold the abuse of street use. There is no way anyone can cover track use. There are too many factors outside of our control.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:27 PM
JuanFunction2ND
Sponsor
Function:Tuned

I still can’t hear from all that tuning, that car is loud with the open dumps.
I was behind the car when they were street driving the car at 14 psi and all I would hear is tires screeching all the way through 3rd. then I was 10 cars ahead I was doing about 90mph and acceleration when next thing I know they are 30 cars ahead of me.. That was some thing to see
Old 05-01-2007, 06:30 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Dave shiroma? Are you the same guy that worked at AAM?
If so! Your a cool dude, you spent a whole morning trying to fit my AAM3".
That exhaust suck IMO, sounds awsome, but the fit is crap, and it keeps burning my bumper.

What? It sounds like I have poopy pantalones latley Yes, I cant find a place to stay at Z days, everything booked!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:31 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by JuanFunction2ND
I still can’t hear from all that tuning that car is loud with the open dumps.
I was behind the car when they were street driving the car at 14 psi and all I would hear is tires screeching all the way through 3rd. then I was 10 cars ahead I was doing about 90mph and acceleration when next thing I know they are 30 cars ahead of me.. That was some thing to see
Speaking of, I know you guys have a video of the C6 destruction. When are you going to post it on youtube.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:31 PM
abyss

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
I doubt it. If you want to track your car set it up properly. If you want a fast street car then the stock motor is just fine. Track abuse is 10 fold the abuse of street use. There is no way anyone can cover track use. There are too many factors outside of our control.
True. Most of the time the street cars are out of boost so easy to warranty.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dave it was nice seeing you and Nowell on Sunday. Its a good thing what your doing (testing the limits) not many shops do that I look forward to what else FT will bring us, first an AWD Z now these crazy numbers Its gonna be a fun summer in MD/VA...

OT---but Nowell, I didnt know you had 10 track days with N20 under your belt, what was your best time/speed and on what shot? Where did you run?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by Alberto
Dave it was nice seeing you and Nowell on Sunday. Its a good thing what your doing (testing the limits) not many shops do that I look forward to what else FT will bring us, first an AWD Z now these crazy numbers Its gonna be a fun summer in MD/VA...

OT---but Nowell, I didnt know you had 10 track days with N20 under your belt, what was your best time/speed and on what shot? Where did you run?

Old Dominion, 1/8th, 125, ill have to pull out my old slips for you. Never made it up to Capitol (was towards the end of winter)

Quick Reply: Function:TUNED – 563.7 DynoDynamics (REAL) RWHP - STOCK MOTOR!