Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New Single Turbo Kit Installed....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 09:40 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Jun
sweet jesus...the twin setup looks faptastic...

lol..your avantar is hilarious
Old 07-29-2007, 11:48 AM
manny007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
its my understanding that there will be an official press release in the next 10-15 days, a new thread will be created. Thank everybody for your patience
Please attach the link on this thread when its official press release is posted

BTW- I wana see video's to.....lol
Old 07-29-2007, 01:35 PM
abyss

Ppl making this kit need to look at the demand for the TT and seriously think about producing it.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:53 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by abyss
Ppl making this kit need to look at the demand for the TT and seriously think about producing it.

for a few pages already it has been posted that the TT kit requires lots of customization and relocation of parts that make it unfeasible to sell it as a production kit...however i am sure if you have the coin you can send the car to AZ and get it fixed just like that.. In any case makes no sense if the single can perform as the TT on build engines and produce more TQ as well as being cheaper on installation .....TTs demand is driving right now that they are proven kits both stock block and build blocks where the ST kits out there are only proven on stock block... Build blocks haven't been able to produce a lot of whp with ST kit unless a person runs a custom kit... but thats why...
Old 07-29-2007, 02:58 PM
manny007

Originally Posted by abyss
Although I agree to a certain point....the custom fabrication needed will cost quite a bit of $$$.
If you have the flow I'm sure you can send your car to them for the TT set-up.
Money Talks and Bull $h!t walks!
Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
TENGAI

Problem I see in producing the TT kit is:

1. NO A/C
2. Re-locate ALL of the fluid tanks

For those two reasons, I don't see this ever getting into production. While some would think - "screw the a/c and who cares about the tank re-location" many would opt out of the kit for those two reasons alone.

It's a great idea and an awesome display of power if seen through completion, but I don't see but a couple of die hards out there that would take their car to this level. While we all would like to think we would dive in and go this route if we could, most of us would probably role back into our shells if we were told you could never use the window washers and never have a/c. Even the power steering might have to be ditched...

Regardless, awesome kit for a custom setup.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:53 AM
rhythmnsmoke

I could live without Windshield washer fluid use, but I couldn't live without power steering. My other two cars currently do not have functioning air conditioning, so I can't say whether or not I would mind taking that out. But I am a bit use to riding without it....LOL...
Old 07-30-2007, 11:57 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by TENGAI

1. NO A/C

For those two reasons, I don't see this ever getting into production. While some would think - "screw the a/c and who cares about the tank re-location" many would opt out of the kit for those two reasons alone.

It's a great idea and an awesome display of power if seen through completion, but I don't see but a couple of die hards out there that would take their car to this level. While we all would like to think we would dive in and go this route if we could, most of us would probably role back into our shells if we were told you could never use the window washers and never have a/c. Even the power steering might have to be ditched...

i think AC works fine.. but again..it requieres an ammount of modification that makes it unfeasable to make it a production kit... but as someone said "Money Talks and Bull $h!t walks"
Old 07-30-2007, 06:14 PM
nomyth46

justin dude what kind of rims are those?............them things are nasty for real
Old 07-30-2007, 07:13 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TENGAI

1. NO A/C

I'm not sure where you got your information, but I think you are a little misinformed.

I stopped by Intense and saw the car a couple weeks ago. I spoke with Han and Mike as they showed me the engine bay. They didn't say the A/C was going to be eliminated and indicated that it would be relocated. Also, Han said they are considering putting electric power steering on the car.

As far as relocating the fluids... it requires some custom fabrication, but I don't think it is that big of a consideration or limiting factor. It has already been done by TurboTim at SFR for his twin throttlebody intake manifold. Therefore, I don't think that the relocation of the fluids will be a big hindrance for Intense or a deterrence for potential customers.

I'm not sure about losing the window washing function (I didn't think to ask about that), but if what you say is true, I don't think many people would care. I'm sure that there are a lot of guys (including me) that would be willing to stop at a gas station to squeegee the windows every now and then in exchange for a superior performing and superior looking twin turbo system.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 07-30-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:30 AM
IIQuickSilverII

LOL at your sig quoting navyG
Old 07-31-2007, 07:27 AM
TENGAI

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I'm not sure where you got your information, but I think you are a little misinformed.

I stopped by Intense and saw the car a couple weeks ago. I spoke with Han and Mike as they showed me the engine bay. They didn't say the A/C was going to be eliminated and indicated that it would be relocated. Also, Han said they are considering putting electric power steering on the car.

As far as relocating the fluids... it requires some custom fabrication, but I don't think it is that big of a consideration or limiting factor. It has already been done by TurboTim at SFR for his twin throttlebody intake manifold. Therefore, I don't think that the relocation of the fluids will be a big hindrance for Intense or a deterrence for potential customers.

I'm not sure about losing the window washing function (I didn't think to ask about that), but if what you say is true, I don't think many people would care. I'm sure that there are a lot of guys (including me) that would be willing to stop at a gas station to squeegee the windows every now and then in exchange for a superior performing and superior looking twin turbo system.
As it sits from the pics shown, you'd have to ditch all of the factory power steering lines, and the washer tank to shoe horn this thing into our engine bays. The a/c lines can be worked around (as seen with TN - but hopefully executed better...), but we'll have to see what solution they come up with for the single kit. Since you mentioned that they're looking at an electric power steering solution, then it makes sense that this "could" become a production unit. But I'll still say that it's going to be for the die hard, and not the majority of the guys who are looking to boost their cars. The washer tank could be relocated, but I'd venture to say that it'll probably be ditched all together. As you mentioned, it's not like everyone will care, but to pull this thing together for production purposes is going to take a huge amount of effort. Like I mentioned, you could in theory put this together and get it up and running, but as far as production purposes - I'm still skeptical.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:35 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Imagine writing the instructions for this kit lol....

Again they ahve alreayd said this is a 1-off...but is ballers that are willing to spend quit a bit of money are interested they can send their cars to Arizona
Old 07-31-2007, 07:36 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

I dont use my washer bottle now, I am in process into converting it to something useful, My tank for methanol injection.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:38 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Imagine writing the instructions for this kit lol....

Again they ahve alreayd said this is a 1-off...but is ballers that are willing to spend quit a bit of money are interested they can send their cars to Arizona
Just send them my, way... Thats what I do. I write instruction/install manuals and safety manuals for large systems and machines. That should be easy for someone who already knows the Z.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:45 AM
rythex

So speaking of turbokits, any updates on the single? :P
Old 07-31-2007, 07:47 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by rythex
So speaking of turbokits, any updates on the single? :P

...READ before you post

its my understanding that there will be an official press release in the next 10-15 days, a new thread will be created. Thank everybody for your patience
i put that this weekend man.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Justin@IOS
Sponsor
IOS Performance

Originally Posted by nomyth46
justin dude what kind of rims are those?............them things are nasty for real
I believe they're 19" Racing Sparco DS2's on Mike's car.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:57 AM
zmedic16

Default patiently waiting and saving lol

this is a question for the guys at powerlab and intense motorsports. Since you guys stated already this kit will fit the 06 rev up engine. would this kit as well fit aftermarket headers like the turbonetics does the DC headers and Alphawerks headers???? and if not these 2 brands would u guys be able to tell us wich headers will fit for the guys that already have headers on their cars.

is the turbo only bein spooled by one or both headers exhaust exit? driver or passenger side? or both? like the turbonetics single turbo for the new mustang gt's.

Also wil there be a Tuner kit for those of us who already have or can easly have access to fuel pumps utecs and injectors??? would the tuner kit be over 5k? or just under that ammount?( this might be answered on official release date)

another question is at what point in the rpm range does the full boost kick in?? would the car be easily driveable without hitting boost? can a water/meth injection kit easily co work with this turbo kit in case we want faster spooling time?

would the average install time still be like the other ST kits rated at 8-12hours?

alot of us have put the plans on turbonetics and sts on hold to see how this kit turns out and put our money and trust with you guys, i have personaly purchased from ur shops b4 and love the service and the delivery u guys give to your customers. the dynos for this kit looks like it would make a great street driven car at 7-8psi.

thank you guys for reading.

Last edited by zmedic16; 08-04-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Mike@IOS
Sponsor
IOS Performance

Originally Posted by zmedic16
this is a question for the guys at powerlab and intense motorsports. Since you guys stated already this kit will fit the 06 rev up engine. would this kit as well fit aftermarket headers like the turbonetics does the DC headers and Alphawerks headers???? and if not these 2 brands would u guys be able to tell us wich headers will fit for the guys that already have headers on their cars.

is the turbo only bein spooled by one or both headers exhaust exit? driver or passenger side? or both? like the turbonetics single turbo for the new mustang gt's.

Also wil there be a Tuner kit for those of us who already have or can easly have access to fuel pumps utecs and injectors??? would the tuner kit be over 5k? or just under that ammount?( this might be answered on official release date)

another question is at what point in the rpm range does the full boost kick in?? would the car be easily driveable without hitting boost? can a water/meth injection kit easily co work with this turbo kit in case we want faster spooling time?

would the average install time still be like the other ST kits rated at 8-12hours?

alot of us have put the plans on turbonetics and sts on hold to see how this kit turns out and put our money and trust with you guys, i have personaly purchased from ur shops b4 and love the service and the delivery u guys give to your customers. the dynos for this kit looks like it would make a great street driven car at 7-8psi.

thank you guys for reading.
Unfortunately we have not tested the vehicle with any headers so we can't give you an answer about the headers.

There is a merge pipe that combines into a single up pipe for the turbo, so yes it is driven by both banks.

As far as spool, my car (the one in this thread) has a 1.06 a/r turbine housing. I wanted to try it out. I can tell you that full boost is around 4k however don't let that fool you. Spool is great and "off boost" drivablility is great. Even under vacuum the the flow from the turbo makes the car even torquier. In any case the production kit will probably come with an .82 and the 1.06 being an option. When I drove the prototype with the .82, boost was instantaneous to the point where it would light the tires at will... My other car being a t66 powered 240 I wanted a bigger turbo feel.

water/meth could help in spool faster with more aggressive timing, but that will depend on your altitude, ambient temps, availible octane, etc. Remember our test bed is AZ where it's over 100 degrees at night and we only have 91 so you may see better results than us.

Installation time should be comparable to the TN kit. Also I can tell you we are in the final stages of releasing the kit. I apologize for the long wait but we (all involved) just have sooo many things going on at the moment.

Quick Reply: New Single Turbo Kit Installed....