Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech Fuel problems....

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 11:20 AM
jpc350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MUZZY
not trying to get into a **** fight here but if you look at any vortech spec for the 350z on this website or the ********* website or any vendors website is says 7psi

you could have sean 8psi if you have a higher rev limit than stock. this is possible.

but think about it. why would vortech sell an upgraded pully just for 1 psi?

im running the 9 psi pully but I hit 9,5psi @ 7100 rpm instead of the regular 6800 or 6500 rpm
Last time, the Vortech basic kit (V2SQ) for the 350Z is an 8psi system when using the 3.33 pulley. Call Vortech at 805-247-0226 to verify..
Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 AM
G Thizzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so fellas here is my plan... i am going to pull the FMU and re run the stock fuel line from the main feed line up and into the fuel rail. For now i am going to leave the stock injectors and i want to try and plug the 2 holes that were drilled in the assembly...anyone have any ideas on how to fill those holes?? I was thinking of getting some plastic and JB welding it or something like that... dont know what will be able to withstand fuel...
Old 06-04-2007, 11:32 AM
gqong

^^ Damnit I drilled those 2 holes as well...why does TN tell you to do that if it is not good. that really sucks. I either need to plug them or find a new assembly as well. Hey G Thizzle let me know if you figure a way to plug those.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey man, all you need is some 650cc injectors and thats it. then you can get rid of everything but the stock fuel system plus a walbro.

end of discussion, you are listening to a bunch of people who are just on the boards and dont deal with this stuff every single day.

it will be fine. you can get some 440s and a return fuel system if you really just want to spend and extra thousand dollars...

both will work perfectly, the way the FMU works is by using the aux pump in conjunction with the factory fuel pump, the aux pump is powered by the SS box which you dont have...

thanks!!

those two holes will be fine just dont let the gas tank get under a 1/4 tank in full boost...
Old 06-04-2007, 11:58 AM
G Thizzle

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
hey man, all you need is some 650cc injectors and thats it. then you can get rid of everything but the stock fuel system plus a walbro.

end of discussion, you are listening to a bunch of people who are just on the boards and dont deal with this stuff every single day.
440's wont work on the stock fuel system with the walbro? I am only on the 3.3. pulley. Thanks for the input bro!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:05 PM
MUZZY

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem

it will be fine. you can get some 440s and a return fuel system if you really just want to spend and extra thousand dollars...

both will work perfectly, the way the FMU works is by using the aux pump in conjunction with the factory fuel pump, the aux pump is powered by the SS box which you dont have...

thanks!!

those two holes will be fine just dont let the gas tank get under a 1/4 tank in full boost...
+1
Old 06-04-2007, 12:16 PM
G Thizzle

so it is a no go on 440cc injectors to solve this problem???
Old 06-04-2007, 12:21 PM
gqong

Hey GThizzle if this helps...i just have the walbro 255 with the TN mods and 440cc's and i am not experiencing the issues you are. but i do have a procharger...im just worried about the 1/4 tank of gas thing i guess ill always make sure im way above that.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:34 PM
booger

Originally Posted by G Thizzle
thanks for taking the time to read this message... i have searched and cant find much...i am having some fuel problems and here is a list of what is on the car and what is going on with it...

Vortech Supercharger 3.3 pulley
Stock Injectors
Utec
Walbro 255
JWT Oil Pan spacer
Vortech Fuel Management Unit... no return

At first my car was running lean... so we knew it was a fuel problem... come to find out when we first installed the walbro we didnt do a couple of steps according to the TN instructions...we drilled the 7/64 hole in the FPR, drilled the 2 holes in the plastic bottom and popped out the yellow cap...

Now when i start the car it is backfiring... and running horribly rich... around 8.5 at idle then when i put it in drive and give it a lil gas it drops down to 0.3...

The car is shaking at idle and is also at low RPM...

THe driverside exhaust is blowing cool air and the pass side is blowing hott...we checked my plugs and they are fine... they are NGk Iridums 1 step colder...

my question is were the TN instructions on the Walbro installation inacurate or made for bigger injectors? my fuel pressure is about 56psi which is better than what it was when it was too lean (70 psi)... SHould i stop stressing and just get a tune?? any guidence would be great!

Dont fck up your car any further . Take it to a shop that can help you and straighten out the mistakes you made !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:48 PM
G Thizzle

Originally Posted by booger
Dont fck up your car any further . Take it to a shop that can help you and straighten out the mistakes you made !!!!!!!!!!!

yeah thanks....
Old 06-04-2007, 01:08 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

sounds like all you need is injectors dude.. the utec can control just get some injectors and get a tune..
Old 06-04-2007, 01:59 PM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by G Thizzle
so it is a no go on 440cc injectors to solve this problem???
Just get the 440cc and call it a day.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Kenk2
Professional

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
Just get the 440cc and call it a day.
They will get maxed out without a return fuel system..

Get some 650's as they cost the same as the 440's and THEN call it a day..
Old 06-04-2007, 03:52 PM
MIAPLAYA

Just to put to rest what appears to be rampant rumors about the fuel level. Its only an issue if you decide to take the twisties at full boost on under 1/5th of a tank of gas. Not 1/4. And it may not even be an issue for you. It's just that you have the potential of fuel starvation at under 1/5th of a tank of gas in the twisties at full power. Why the hell anyone would decide to thrash the car in the curves at almost empty fuel is beyond me though. I have not once had an issue with this in 60K+ miles.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:25 PM
G Thizzle

well we yanked out the FMU and just ran in back to stock fuel system with the walbro 255... it still runs the same... backfiring... drivers side muffler is shaking and blowing cool air... I wonder if my driver side muffler is fried since i fried that cat when it was running lean... oh well.. i am just going to take it to SGP and slap in some 440 injectors and get what i can get out of them with a tune!
Old 06-04-2007, 06:36 PM
MainMan

Unhappy Fuel Injector?

I don't know maybe it's you nissan Fuel Injector?
Old 06-04-2007, 07:23 PM
G Thizzle

Originally Posted by MainMan
I don't know maybe it's you nissan Fuel Injector?

wtf???
Old 06-04-2007, 10:23 PM
solidsnake

Who did you get to tune the Utec?
Old 06-05-2007, 03:36 AM
G Thizzle

i am going to SGP next wednesday...
Old 06-05-2007, 03:41 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Just to put to rest what appears to be rampant rumors about the fuel level. Its only an issue if you decide to take the twisties at full boost on under 1/5th of a tank of gas. Not 1/4. And it may not even be an issue for you. It's just that you have the potential of fuel starvation at under 1/5th of a tank of gas in the twisties at full power. Why the hell anyone would decide to thrash the car in the curves at almost empty fuel is beyond me though. I have not once had an issue with this in 60K+ miles.

believe me man, i am very very pro turbonetics right now, we are pushing you guys kits like crazy and have installing tons of them that will flat out WALK any twin turbo stock motors setups, BUT, i have many many TN kits that we followed the instructions perfectly and even on flat ground while driving straight, when you get down under a 1/4 tank, the car does some weird stuff. i would kinda like to see the whole being drilled taken out of the instructions, we have had better luck without the holes in there...

thanks man!!

Quick Reply: Vortech Fuel problems....