Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics oil seal/smoke issue official fix thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 07:08 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by worldchamp
i said earlier danzio did not take the money out of my account, i gave them my info he must have got side tracked. its not my problem he waits over a month to figure out he didnt run my card, stop talking when you dont know the facts! if peter thought i was holding his money hostage he would take it a step further but he hasn't cause he ****ed up and didnt run my card when he was suppose to. now he is helping me out by letting me make 2 payments cause he messed up THAT MY FRIEND, IS CALLED GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. i have no problem with peter at danzio and i have no problem oredering parts from him in the future..... i have made a payment agreement with him so chill, i was trying to get this sorted out before i had to pay the rest then you guys stiff me, anyway keep making **** up as you go. atleast someone on here has common scense.......

on the turbo thing it didnt go bad until 2MONTHS AFTER I HAD THE CAR.

35OUNCES thanks for explaining your opinion
By the way, I"m not sure who "you guys" is. Look where I'm from.

Yeah, sure. That's a convenient way to put it. Either way you hadn't paid them while at the same moment trying to get a "free" turbo in the process. You were never even entitled to a replacement turbo and instead approached turbonetics asking for them to do you a favor by providing warranty service for a warranty that wasn't even yours.

Sure, they may have done it in the long run, but you went about this all wrong. You can't expect to come on here and crap all over them and demand that they help you out. Personal favors just don't work that way. You'll never get a replacement turbo because of you and your Mom's attitude that you're important enough to warrant the ability to demand things.

This is the real issue here. Be careful when buying used parts, especially turbo kits. And, you can't EXPECT or DEMAND customer service on used parts when you have no warranty. The fact that you're coming on here and badmouthing Turbonetics is ludicrous. Any other company would have just laughed and hung up on you without question. Just because Turbonetics has a history of great customer service doesn't mean you can make demands and try to walk all over them to get your way. And, if you think you have that right, you have a lot to learn in life.

35ounces, you're saying one thing and doing another. If you don't care or won't "cheer" the situation then why are you repeatedly arguing it. The guy thought he could make demands and act like an *** to Reggie and Turbonetics when they had absolutely no obligation to help him. He's nothing more than a spoiled brat.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:05 AM
zzerotwosixty

When I sold my Turbonetics kit I got a new turbo under warranty first. Then I sold it.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:43 AM
redline350ZZ

If you cant even afford a turbo and your not even responsible enough to manage your finances don't even bother court.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:08 PM
littlegbuddy

Give respect, get respect. I would like to personally thank Turbonetics for how they have helped me. When I first had the smoke on decel. issues who's issue did I think it was? MINE. I had well over 20K and 2 years on my kit. I was thinkin of purchasing the CHRA from a Turbonetics dealer but only if I could get one with the water cooled section. I then ran accross this thread, PMed Reggie, and within 2 weeks had a new wet bearing Turbo at my door. Had they told me that I was to far out of warranty I would have ponied up and purchased the parts.

I installed the turbo today and what a difference! The old turbo seems to be well worn. (again flamers, it has over 25K miles and 2 Pheonix AZ summers (read Hot as Hell) on it.)

Now I know I'm gonna hear what I pile of crap I have in a kit bit F##k off! I was never intending to build a G#d D##m race car I just wanted a few more ponies than N/A would get me. And for that, this kit right out of the box with just the reflash has met every expectation I ever had.

My whole point in this post is to extend my personal gratitude to Reggie, Ed and everyone else at Turbonetics. "THANK YOU" I never expected this kind of customer service and consederation. (I would still like more infor on Stage 1.5 and 2 since it is listed in the '07 catalog.) But I wont hound them for it.

Let the flames begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

David Clark
Sound Xpression
602-438-0352
www.soundxpression.com
Old 07-07-2007, 06:13 PM
taurran

No flames here, thanks for posting up your experience! I'm glad the car's running well. Enjoy!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:24 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by taurran
No flames here, thanks for posting up your experience! I'm glad the car's running well. Enjoy!!!
+1
Old 07-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick update guys we are flooded with this and we are working to resolve these so please be patient with us and we will get to you.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:58 PM
onyx350z

I too would like to thank Turbonetics and Ed... I sent him a PM and called him and in a week and a half I found out my rebuilt turbo is being shipped out on Wednesday! The turbo had 30,000 miles on it and I have had it for a year and a half.... Thank you for the awsome customer service and quick turn around as I use my car as a daily driver. Great experience with the kit so far and with the customer service.

I just wish I would've gotten that relocation kit for the wastegate when they were offering it... I am upgrading to a 3" exhaust and hoping for no over boost issues or it's about $500.
Edit: Turbonetics is sending out my relocation kit at NO cost to me!!! Thanks Ed and Turbonetics.

Last edited by onyx350z; 07-13-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:46 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by onyx350z
I too would like to thank Turbonetics and Ed... I sent him a PM and called him and in a week and a half I found out my rebuilt turbo is being shipped out on Wednesday! The turbo had 30,000 miles on it and I have had it for a year and a half.... Thank you for the awsome customer service and quick turn around as I use my car as a daily driver. Great experience with the kit so far and with the customer service.

I just wish I would've gotten that relocation kit for the wastegate when they were offering it... I am upgrading to a 3" exhaust and hoping for no over boost issues or it's about $500.
Check your PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:40 AM
onyx350z

Well let me edit my last post... I e-mailed Ed and wouldn't you know it... he got back to me in the same day and is shipping out my relocation kit for the wastegate and yes at NO charge!!! I can not say enough about a company like this that takes care of their customers... I am in retail management and this service is what keeps people coming back and gains new customers. I would recommend this kit and company to anyone. I have had nothing less then an exceptional experience with the performance of the Turbonetics kit and when there is an issue with product they take care of you reguardless of warranty status. I just want to say thanks again to Ed and his team at Turbonetics... that company will no doubt continue to be successful in the future with the way they handle their customers!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:01 AM
taurran

Well let me edit my last post... I e-mailed Ed and wouldn't you know it... he got back to me in the same day and is shipping out my relocation kit for the wastegate and yes at NO charge!!! I can not say enough about a company like this that takes care of their customers... I am in retail management and this service is what keeps people coming back and gains new customers. I would recommend this kit and company to anyone. I have had nothing less then an exceptional experience with the performance of the Turbonetics kit and when there is an issue with product they take care of you reguardless of warranty status. I just want to say thanks again to Ed and his team at Turbonetics... that company will no doubt continue to be successful in the future with the way they handle their customers!
Great to hear!!! Yeah, good job Turbonetics on taking care of another customer. Things like this are really above and beyond what is exepected of aftermarket parts manufacturers.

I think you'll like running the new piping. With it my boost was dead on in all gears down to .1psi. Just make sure that you reinstall all gaskets.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:43 PM
MIAPLAYA

Glad to hear Ed took care of you..
Old 07-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How did I miss this post but I'm glad I could help you. I can only do so much and it's management also that makes things happen. I am lucky to work with the people I do ( they know who they are ) and work under the person I do ( he knows who he is ). Turbonetics truly does believe in customer satisfaction although no one is perfect and for every dozen customers we make happy there is alway one who is not. With the help of Mia and Taurran helping pass info to us I alone surfing the forums could not handle everything on my own. I have been a Zer well before I came to TN but seeing how TN cares for it's customers make me proud to not only have a TN kit on my Z but be part of this team.

Last edited by Ed 718; 07-13-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:23 PM
diwun67

Ed you have a PM
Old 07-14-2007, 04:12 PM
hr2burn

Well I am GOING to do the updated turbo, but will wait for the hurt ones to go first! HOWEVER....I have been through 3 cats in about 5000 miles (2nd one lasted about 400 miles. I keeps "ungluing" itself from the inside of the exhaust pipe and rattling around in there like a piece-o-cr@p! They say they have never heard of this even though it has happened to lucky me 3 times.....I realize most people go w/o the cat, but I want to pass emissions!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
From what I understand you bought the car with the kit on from another person with a failed turbo.
He bought my Z, and I did not have the smoke problem that was so evident in the video that was posted about the car.

So I don't know what happened after I sold the car, though it was straight when I was driving it so I wouldn't think he bought the car "with the kit on from another person with a failed turbo" since it wasn't smoking when I owned it.

Not to say Harry is at fault, just that I had the kit for some time with no smoking issue from the turbo.

I can't help but think that it may be from a difference in driving styles.

-Jonathan-
Old 07-30-2007, 05:30 PM
redline350ZZ

Just got my Turbo in the mail today, now I need to figure out if I am going to install it now or wait till I move to Georgia in January.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ
Just got my Turbo in the mail today, now I need to figure out if I am going to install it now or wait till I move to Georgia in January.
Your moving to GA? Good thing since Sharif is here, to notch work and ethic from Forged

-Jonathan-
Old 08-31-2007, 01:04 PM
boostintt

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

awesome... i just sent a few pm's and will be having my turbo rebuilt!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 05:40 AM
350zOnJuice

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ

SLAP IT ONNNNN!!!!

Quick Reply: Turbonetics oil seal/smoke issue official fix thread