Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Procharger alternative!! High Boost Applications!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Procharger alternative!! High Boost Applications!

Because of the problems encountered recently upon installing the 14-16psi pulley.. I accidently stumbled upon a solution, Forged had changed a belt for me and the tech installed the belt wrong.. but it actually looked like it made more sense to mount it the way he did.. TGFF!! (Thank God For Forged)

After a few weeks I realized since the pulley was rotating the opposite direction I would encounter other problems.. Well I didnt.. the only addition I had to make was mounting a nut between the bolt and upper assembly rod as seen in the 3rd pic..

The first pic illustrates the new look and how the belt no longer has the teeth going against the grain on the pulley over the top which may cause some unwanted tension and rubbing/bouncy issues.. The belt now goes under the pulley allowing the smooth portion of the belt to touch the pulley.. To apply tension to the belt you obviously would tighten the bolt (pictured in pic three) the opposite of the old method.. Which means you have the pulley applying downward pressure to the belt instead of upwards..

In the second pic you will see the slight clearance problem I have from the pulley to the bracket.. Better illustrated in the third pic right at the top of the edge of the belt guide.. Barely giving me mm's of clearance, the fix to this is the good ol DREMEL.. To allow clearance dremel the back of the pulley, bracket, and the bolt holding the tensioner rods ( behind the pulley).

Also, FYI as seen in pic 1, make sure your 3 allen key bolts that tighten the small cog belt (behind the actual procharger) are in the fully right position!!

Last edited by Jay'Z; 07-07-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i have no idea wtf you are talking about! more details! i am curious.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:35 PM
booger

If your talking about the belt that is most visable . It looks to be on correctly . If the belt was on top of the adjustable tention pulley , it was installed wrong
Old 07-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

How about now..
Old 07-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by booger
If your talking about the belt that is most visable . It looks to be on correctly . If the belt was on top of the adjustable tention pulley , it was installed wrong

I feel you booger...... But as directed per the super duper intelligent procharger install manual.. they have the belt going over the top.. Also, look at any other procharger.......... Watch them have the belt over the top... That creates a **** load of problems..

As a matter of fact.. ill link you to some....

The legend of Procharger eltness.....

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...afilter=images

Exotic Performance Install

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=394

Z chickz Install

http://www.zchickz.com/pc49.jpg

Need I link more??????????

Linking more...................... jk..

Last edited by Jay'Z; 07-08-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:39 PM
VIZAGE

So what are you actually getting at? That it's OK to mount the belt the wrong way? You said there was a solution to high boost. Is this it? So what did the added bolt do? Just trying to see what your really getting at. But seems cool that it worked out the way it did.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:45 PM
booger

Just seems stupid to run the cog teeth over the top of a smooth pulley . I am fighting the same problem with my Vortech cog pulley system . I need a slightly shorter belt so I can run my belt the way you have it now.
Jay'Z
Banned

What Im getting at is.... You couldnt run over 9psi before without encountering belt problems.... Im stating after weeks of doing this I have yet to shred a belt nor have any belt fraying!! Its also an easy fix...
Jay'Z
Banned

Just seems stupid to run the cog teeth over the top of a smooth pulley . I am fighting the same problem with my Vortech cog pulley system . I need a slightly shorter belt so I can run my belt the way you have it now.

+1 TRillion Kazzilion!!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:47 PM
booger

It may help . but from what I got from others with an ATI SC was that the bracket it self was flexing causing the belt problems . Of course this is just what Ive read and got off of other threads
Old 07-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 960 Likes on 725 Posts

the third picture is blurry! replace with a clear pic so i can see wtf you are saying.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

It may help . but from what I got from others with an ATI SC was that the bracket it self was flexing causing the belt problems . Of course this is just what Ive read and got off of other threads

Thing is.... I have yet to see this happen on my car.... No flexing at all.. And I hit 14psi right about 6000 rpms... According to my Defi gauge.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
the third picture is blurry! replace with a clear pic so i can see wtf you are saying.

LMAO.... Ill do some illustration in microsoft paint..

OK Done................

Last edited by Jay'Z; 07-07-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:52 PM
booger

Does your boost stay at 14psi to redline or keep building ?
Old 07-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Does your boost stay at 14psi to redline or keep building ?

It builds.. It hits 16psi.. But I dont like to take it that high because of traction issues and Im not near any track right now.... I also need to dremel my pulley to fix my clearance issue on the pulley(causes alot of heat/ scrapes the back of the pulley slightly)... I was going to do that tomorrow..

Last edited by Jay'Z; 07-07-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I agree 100%, and not sure why ATI and Vortech (until recently) suggested that you run it the seemingly wrong way. To me, the smooth side of the belt should run along the tensioner pulley, and only a cogged gear should touch the toothed side of the belt.

All I know, is we looked at his belt, and said that "had" to be wrong...but didnt realize it would solve an issue as well!
Old 07-07-2007, 04:13 PM
350Z_LEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice fix. It does make sense that way. I still run mine the other way and its fine, but nice to see an alternative.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by 350Z_LEE
Nice fix. It does make sense that way. I still run mine the other way and its fine, but nice to see an alternative.

" I always wanted to say this.......... FASHIIIIIIIZZZZLE!"
Old 07-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
I agree 100%, and not sure why ATI and Vortech (until recently) suggested that you run it the seemingly wrong way. To me, the smooth side of the belt should run along the tensioner pulley, and only a cogged gear should touch the toothed side of the belt.

All I know, is we looked at his belt, and said that "had" to be wrong...but didnt realize it would solve an issue as well!

It did fix it!!
Old 07-07-2007, 04:18 PM
zzerotwosixty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonb7007
It builds.. It hits 16psi.. But I dont like to take it that high because of traction issues and Im not near any track right now.... I also need to dremel my pulley to fix my clearance issue on the pulley(causes alot of heat/ scrapes the back of the pulley slightly)... I was going to do that tomorrow..
Can you make a spacer for the pulley instead of grinding on it? I had to make one for my 2.87 pulley it was 1/16 shorter than the old one. I drilled a 3/4" hole through a fender washer.

Quick Reply: Procharger alternative!! High Boost Applications!