Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The truth about maximumsportZs motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:05 PM
maximumsportZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything Jeremy has said is 100% true. I've spent well over 20k on this build, 2 motors in 5 months and yet to have a running Z. Frustration and sleepless nights can catch up to you. But, throughout this whole time Jeremy has done nothing but helped me out and never left me in the dark. He completely tore down the motor and rebuilt it from scratch NO money out of my pocket. The 2nd time it happen he told me shut the car off and leave it in my driveway right now. Shortly after he left his shop, went to his house picked up his trailer and rushed over to my house to pick up my Z.

I feel if a shop ever did any wrong to me I would gladly come public so everyone in the community got the heads up.

This is a lot of money invested into my car to point where you draw the line of being friends or being a customer. I've known Jeremy a long time now, even before he was racing Z's and he still treats me like a valued customer.

So, if you certain people want to continue stir up the drama go right ahead, I'm done with this thread. Everyone wanted the truth there it is.

Everything is getting taking cared of again and I should be up and running in no time, no complaints here.

Last edited by maximumsportZ; 07-10-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:06 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is a sucky situation for all, but sometimes sheat just happens. props to jeremy for taking care of it and not turning his back to chris.
sometimes it is hard to figure out what came first the chicken or the egg when it comes to motor failures if the thing grenades. sometimes magnifying glasses and an out of the box approach is what it takes to figure out problems like these. good luck and let us know what you find out.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:08 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Gman2004
You have a valid point because I don't know the truth with Craig and his parts, but I have already stated in my previous post that I don't know the truth. The fact that I believe his is getting free parts from TN for whoring him self out on the forum is my opinion. Last time I checked I stilled lived in the good ol US of A and I have a right to my opinion. I posted my opinion and made it known I don't have any proof of it.

I am sorry you don't see him the way I do. He tried to twist things and make it look like I was the liar when he new the truth about Chris' motor. I am would assume he was looking out for Jeremy and PF. That is a charateristic of a great guy in my book.

I didn't see a public apology for him trying to make me out as a liar.

Trying to spin the truth was no mistake by taurran. He knew exactly what he was doing.
Yes you live in the USA and yes you are entitled to your opinion. No one knows that better then the people who served in the military (me). But this thread is not about what parts Craig is getting or what he got them for. I was attempting to ask politely we drop that subject as I said it has nothing to do with this thread. I have never posted a "retraction" to a post I deleted and few if any has. Deleting the post is retraction enough in my book. If you don't feel that way I'm sorry and you are entitled to feel however you want.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:12 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

ok people show is over.. nothing to see here.. back to my thread for the NJ Showdown on Friday
Old 07-10-2007, 03:12 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
I can personally vouche for Jeremy/Performance Factory taking care of their customers. He took care of me when i did my TT setup about a month and a half ago https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/273474-new-performance-factory-greddy-tt-350z-pix-vid.html & still goes out of his way for me ( my schedule isnt the easiest to deal with ).. Thnkx 4 everything & C-ya friday man.....
+1, Jeremy definitely looks out for his customers, he's got one for life with me I have faith that JT will resolve the issue with Chris's motor in a timely fashion.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:13 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by overZealous1
to help seat everything (mostly your rings) an organic oil should be run for awhile. once parts have seated, then switch to synthetic.
the moly rings most built motor guys are running won't fully seat till 10,000 plus miles! as for the comment of many factory cars being delivered with synthetic, i would be surprised to see it just for cost reasons.
Aren't Corvettes and Porsches delivered with full synthetic?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:30 PM
TENGAI

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Everything Jeremy has said is 100% true. I've spent well over 20k on this build, 2 motors in 5 months and yet to have a running Z. Frustration and sleepless nights can catch up to you. But, throughout this whole time Jeremy has done nothing but helped me out and never left me in the dark. He completely tore down the motor and rebuilt it from scratch NO money out of my pocket. The 2nd time it happen he told me shut the car off and leave it in my driveway right now. Shortly after he left his shop, went to his house picked up his trailer and rushed over to my house to pick up my Z.

I feel if a shop ever did any wrong to me I would gladly come public so everyone in the community got the heads up.

This is a lot of money invested into my car to point where you draw the line of being friends or being a customer. I've known Jeremy a long time now, even before he was racing Z's and he still treats me like a valued customer.

So, if you certain people want to continue stir up the drama go right ahead, I'm done with this thread. Everyone wanted the truth there it is.

Everything is getting taking cared of again and I should be up and running in no time, no complaints here.

Props to Jeremy, Chris, and everyone at PF. We all know things can get ugly in this sport/industry. It's how you deal with it that defines your true level of success and staying power.

For those that would come into a thread looking to sir up **** - all you do is give reason for others to distance themselves from you. The truth is absolutely important, but what's more important is how we collectively share this information for the better of the community.

'Nuff said...
Old 07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Yes you live in the USA and yes you are entitled to your opinion. No one knows that better then the people who served in the military (me).
I guess your are talking about me as well. I am a former Marine. As a matter of fact I was stationed in Socal most of my enlistment.

But this thread is not about what parts Craig is getting or what he got them for. I was attempting to ask politely we drop that subject as I said it has nothing to do with this thread.
Point taken and I will keep my opinion about Craig and his parts out of this thread from now on.

I have never posted a "retraction" to a post I deleted and few if any has. Deleting the post is retraction enough in my book. If you don't feel that way I'm sorry and you are entitled to feel however you want
Um, he edited his post where he said he thought the 1st motor failure was due to a faulty motor from Todd at Built Z motors.

The rest of his posts where he was basically calling me a liar were not deleted by Craig. The whole thread was deleted by a mod.

Here's is another opinion of mine. ZUL8R (forum mod) deleted that thread, because he is friends with Jeremy. I love the USA.

Last edited by Gman2004; 07-10-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

daum.. I guess I missed the whole drama, cuz I didn't see the other thread...
Old 07-10-2007, 03:37 PM
MIAPLAYA

I guess your are talking about me as well. I am a former Marine. As a matter of fact I was stationed in Socal most of my enlistment.

Point taken and I will keep my opinion about Craig and his parts out of this post from now on.

Um, he edited his post where he said he thought the 1st motor failure was due to a faulty motor from Todd at Built Z motors.

The rest of his posts where he was basically calling me a liar were not deleted by Craig. The whole thread was deleted by a mod.

Here's is another opinion of mine. ZUL8R deleted that thread, because he is friends with Jeremy. I love the USA.
I guess I am talking about you as well. And Craig too while we are at it since he is also a fellow Leatherneck. As for the edits (be they ninja or not) my point remains that no one I have seen posts retractions to their incorrect posts. It happens. I don't wish to drag this thread through the mud as well so I will make my exit with this post. Good evening my fellow Marines.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

forgetting to add the tendori = blown motor?

sorry to hear about the troubles Chris- hope you get your DB beauty up n running soon.

--cheston
Old 07-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Gman2004

I guess I am talking about you as well. And Craig too while we are at it since he is also a fellow Leatherneck. As for the edits (be they ninja or not) my point remains that no one I have seen posts retractions to their incorrect posts. It happens. I don't wish to drag this thread through the mud as well so I will make my exit with this post. Good evening my fellow Marines.
I do not wish to drag this thread throught the mud either, but it wasn't a ninja edit.....It was a deleted thread by a forum mod.

With that I will exit as well unless someone makes a comment directly at me that warrants a response.

Jeremy again I appologize for how things went down in the other thread. I have nothing against you and wish the best in the future.

Chris good luck with your car. I hope you get it back soon and that everything is taken care of which looks like that is the case.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:58 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

A typical rule of thumb for main and rod bearing clearances is .0001" for every 1" .You can set your clearance for your specific needs ofcourse. How did they/you check your clearances? With plastic gauge or with a bore gauge and mic? Clearances are probably not the problem because it would have happened pretty much right away or at least on the dyno when eveerythng is nice and hot. Honestly,it sounds like an oil starvation issue.We had a customer who blew through six RB26 mtoors. He kept tossing rod bearings.We didnt build any of these mtoors.they were all stock motors.So finally we built him a motor and everything has been good for the last two years.We never figured out why he kept tossing the rod bearings though.

Last edited by TurboTim; 07-10-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:03 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's is another opinion of mine. ZUL8R (forum mod) deleted that thread, because he is friends with Jeremy. I love the USA.
I deleted the thread becasue of all the straight up lies that were going on in the thread. I got phones calls from more than one person. I have done the same for others. I have also left threads open (see VRT thread) when it just doesn't all add up. Opinions are one thing but lies are another.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:11 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Matt..... can I get that phone number? Oh wait.... I have it! I didn't know we can phone in complaints!

JET
Old 07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
taurran

To Gman-

I never once said that Chris' motor was inoperable. I said you were wrong in the fact that it was built by GTM. I stated that knowing the facts, and I still believe there's more to do with the original block or rods used in the build that caused it to fail. You know who built the block. I was approached and asked to remove that info in order to not stir up the thread and feed more drama for all the whiny little kids like yourself that we have on the forums.

I did so with respect and understanding of the situation and how it could easily spiral ever further out of control.

Now, If we could go back and read the thread we'd find this is all true. I never said Chris's motor wasn't "blown". Also, I never said it was. It's not actually blown at the moment, but was broken down and apparently showed "signs of wear" on the bearings. Now, if we could pull back that thread and review my posts I think we'd all actually know you're the one actually actually "twisting" my words.

Quit trying to backpedal and blame your trollish instigative on me. You're information was not absolutely correct. You were making assumptions based on rumor and attempting to trash Jeremy's reputation based on that with that.

You never had the right to open your mouth. There was no reason to do so except for the sole purpose of trashing Jeremy's reputation and stirring up drama on these forums. You're the one that everyone should be questioning the credibility of, as your only reason to be here is to start sh*T and drama, just like some others (doug, r0mey). You pretend as if you're doing it for the "good of the consumer", and in the process just making yourself look like an *** and then tarnishing the reputation of a great shop.

People like you are turning this forum into nothing more than a joke. It's a big womens' sewing cirlce where guys like you sit around stroking their egos while attempting to pass around as much gossip and sling as much sh*t as possible.

Now, you have the gall to "apologize" to Jeremy for your actions. If I were him I'd tell you to take that fake apology and shove it up your ***. I know he won't do that, but he has every right to.

I hope you're proud of yourself.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
thawk408

I know this might sound dumb, but check the pickup screen. I found a HUGE glob of RTV on the pickup screen when I spun a rod bearing on my stock block.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:37 PM
taurran

In my opinion Craig has shown he his has zero credibility. He knew what happened to Chris' motor and tried to make it look like I was posting incorrect info on purpose. One thing is to act like he didn't know what happened to Chris' motor but to try and make me out as a liar is a whole different story. Who's the liar now?

And if anyone is getting paid for promoting and nuthuggin it would be Mr. Jackass (taurran) himself who is probably getting free chit from TN. Now for the record I have no proof of that, but I wouldn't be suprised if it's true. I am sure the hybrid stage II that is going on his car isn't costing him chit other than whoring his time promoting TN on this forum.

I will admit I don't know chit about how my car works like Craig has pointed out in the past, but at least I paid for all my parts and labor. I don't ***** my self out for free stuff. I paid for every single mod on my car and the discounts I got are the same anyone else would have got.

Spoken like the true petty individual you are.

I don't "promote" Turbonetics any more than they deserve, which is definitely more than most people on this forum gives them credit for. I'd rep them even if I didn't have friends that worked there and didn't hang out with them at SEMA, PRI, and other events. They're a bunch of great guys with a great work ethic. That's more than can be said for 95% of the rest of this industry.

I'm glad you're the biggest baller on these forums and have more money than the rest of us. You've said this personally in the past, and I think you're a jackass for what you say.

In fact, I think the only thing that means anything to you is money. You wouldn't know about having friends you were going to stand up for when you believed they were in the right. You wouldn't know anything about standing up for basically "what's right" unless there was some monetary value attached to it. It seems you can't comprehend the concept of loyalty. Perhaps you should pay someone to look it up in the dictionary for you.

You're nothing but a snobbish meathead with too much money on his hands. Nice try, but your insults really mean nothing to me...

Last edited by taurran; 07-10-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:39 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

man there is so much drama goin on in Forced induction. haha i love it its like a soap opra
Old 07-10-2007, 04:41 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by paranormal
man there is so much drama goin on in Forced induction. haha i love it its like a soap opra
You have Gman, doug, and romey to thank for 90% of it. The rest of it is people having to defend themselves against their prodding and attacks.

I wish the mods would wake up and start taking action. This forum would be a much greater place without them.

Quick Reply: The truth about maximumsportZs motor