Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

so how much do you have into your Turbo Setup...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:28 PM
JaX_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if anyone is offended by the question than just simply dont post, easy as that... Ive been researching it since about the first week ive had the car and ive come down to estimating 10-12k for a reliable single setup before I even posted this... I just wanted to see what people had around my estimate. Ive read a few people on this thread that have a single setup for 2600 to 5K to 12K... That obviously tells me that their are used systems out there that people are willing to trust and maby if I look into it more than I can not blow a whole bunch of money for something i might not need. Im not looking to build the block and run 600whp, just something around 400 I can drive daily and not be worried about blowing up. then people with twins from 13K to 30K... Thats all I wanted to know is a range... its a very fair question and if you dont like it then dont waste your time posting.

Originally Posted by Andres30o0
OP, just curious. How much did you pay for your house? How many rooms? What's your neighborhood like? I ask because I'm looking into purchasing a house myself and want to have an idea of how much your set-up costs...
my house was 385K, 4BR/3.5BTH, and my neighborghs are dicks... happy?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think it's necessarily a tacky question, but its a question that is difficult to answer objectively. For instance, if someone was asking on how much should a Greddy TT kit cost, that is an easy question, with an easy answer.

But build-ups can vary. If one person spends $20K, and another spends $40K, it doesnt meant they got screwed. He might mean that he bought wheels, tires, big brake kit, suspension..etc...etc...and a whole of bunch of extras to spice up his car.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
But build-ups can vary. If one person spends $20K, and another spends $40K, it doesnt meant they got screwed. He might mean that he bought wheels, tires, big brake kit, suspension..etc...etc...and a whole of bunch of extras to spice up his car.
Sometimes the people that spend $40K as opposed to the people that spent $20K may have had to have everything redone a couple of times because they received poor work from the prevoius shop/shops that worked on the car.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:12 PM
redman333

I asked these questions before I had all my work done also. This is my first Turbo Charged car and had no clue as to what all had to be done with it. I was extremely ignorant whemn it came to modding cars. So all the extras that came with just buying the kit was new to me. I went out and bought the kit and thought that was it and then after my first blown motor spent another 10k just to ensure that it didn't happen again.

I'd say as of right now I have about 15k in the motor. That includes all the labor also. My sig has a list of most of what I have done.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Andres30o0

Quite.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:42 PM
usingthejohn

Originally Posted by JaX_Z
Im not looking to build the block and run 600whp, just something around 400 I can drive daily and not be worried about blowing up.
that question is easier to answer than the original one you posted. But for that price and 400whp, daily driver, either the Greddy or JWT TT kit would be up your alley. Those who spend +30K most likely built their engine. For 12K, you can get one of those kits installed and tuned for a reliable 400whp
Old 07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Sometimes the people that spend $40K as opposed to the people that spent $20K may have had to have everything redone a couple of times because they received poor work from the prevoius shop/shops that worked on the car.
haha..that's a great point too.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:55 PM
JaX_Z

Originally Posted by usingthejohn
that question is easier to answer than the original one you posted. But for that price and 400whp, daily driver, either the Greddy or JWT TT kit would be up your alley. Those who spend +30K most likely built their engine. For 12K, you can get one of those kits installed and tuned for a reliable 400whp
the reason I didnt post what ive researched is that I know I can put down 400 with 10-12K. I wanted to see what the range is between maby someone who has spent 10K on a reliable 400whp setup vs someone who has spent 10K on a unreliable 500whp car that is a time bomb.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:09 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

the reason I didnt post what ive researched is that I know I can put down 400 with 10-12K. I wanted to see what the range is between maby someone who has spent 10K on a reliable 400whp setup vs someone who has spent 10K on a unreliable 500whp car that is a time bomb.
you make absolutely no sense
Old 07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
usingthejohn

Within your statement, didn't you see the answer you needed? Don't mean to be a d**khead

I wanted to see what the range is between maby someone who has spent 10K on a reliable 400whp setup vs someone who has spent 10K on a unreliable 500whp car that is a time bomb.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:14 PM
zmedic16

Sometimes these forums are of no help... all the same people respond with a smart *** comment because they been members for a long time. they post maybe to add to their post numbers, or to show off their sig? or they have nothing better to do than say a smart *** comment???. im also interested in this question and i dont see a problem with it bein asked. if u dont like the question dont answer it, its that simple dont waste bandwith. Its always the same people with a smart mouth.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:20 PM
THE ROADSTER

Originally Posted by Gman2004

like me, thank you to VRT.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:48 PM
NOBI

Originally Posted by zmedic16
Sometimes these forums are of no help... all the same people respond with a smart *** comment because they been members for a long time. they post maybe to add to their post numbers, or to show off their sig? or they have nothing better to do than say a smart *** comment???. im also interested in this question and i dont see a problem with it bein asked. if u dont like the question dont answer it, its that simple dont waste bandwith. Its always the same people with a smart mouth.

+1 i rarely come on anymore because of the negativity displayed by a lot of the people on this site. its a vastly different place now than it was in 2004.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:54 PM
doug

of course you don't see a problem with it.. you havn't spent any money
Old 07-24-2007, 06:39 PM
JaX_Z

Originally Posted by doug
you make absolutely no sense
how does that not make sense, im just trying to see how many people have done what and what the results are...

exactly...
Old 07-24-2007, 06:46 PM
JaX_Z

of course you don't see a problem with it.. you havn't spent any money
doug if you have nothing to contribute or just dont like the topic than go post somewhere else, why do you have to post garbage thats no help to anyone? Go jerk to internet ****... post on maxima.org... just stop waisting our time.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:18 PM
doug

how does that not make sense, im just trying to see how many people have done what and what the results are...

exactly...
it doesn't make sense because you want to know who spent 10k on a reliable setup but who spent 10k on an unreliable setup? who does that mean?
Old 07-24-2007, 07:19 PM
doug

doug if you have nothing to contribute or just dont like the topic than go post somewhere else, why do you have to post garbage thats no help to anyone? Go jerk to internet ****... post on maxima.org... just stop waisting our time.
your personal attacks don't affect me.. please talk to me like the man you are, not the child you are trying to protray
Old 07-24-2007, 07:28 PM
synth19

+1

Originally Posted by Alberto
Some people have hookups, sponsors, etc. This is useless, different labor rates in diff parts of the country alone can make a huge difference in what people have spent on a FI set-up. With that being said, I never share info like that or ask as I think its nobody's business but your own...
Old 07-24-2007, 07:42 PM
JaX_Z

it doesn't make sense because you want to know who spent 10k on a reliable setup but who spent 10k on an unreliable setup? who does that mean?
forget it man, you obviously dont get the point of this thread. Im not trying to be a dick but I just get pissed at people when all I want is a simple answer to a question and I get responses from you and other people like you who think they controll this board because you have been around for a few years here. Sorry I havent been a member for 3 or 4 years with 5,000+ post. I just would like people who have nothing to contribute to not post and bash down something that I think is a fair question to ask.

Quick Reply: so how much do you have into your Turbo Setup...