Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 08:25 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cube
Now what do I do with the package that arrives?
Ship the turbo kit to me and tell your CC company it never showed up. It's fool proof. They'll NEVER figure it out.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:56 AM
DanielW
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-07-2007, 09:04 AM
DanielW
Banned

Dude CIN Motorsports is a great shop and they've worked on plenty of Z's including full builds. I don't see why you would bash them in this man. I agree that STS has behaved less than favorably here and they probably have a few things to work out with the kit. But I would question your bias just as much as you're questioning theirs. You did have a business dealing gone South with them which has obviously pissed you off with them.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:46 PM
aarantes

I am still waiting to see what they do for me... Yes they have been in contact with me a whole lot more then my shop but when I talked to them last it was with the national sales manager and it sounded like I wouldnt be able to get a refund at all.

CIN is not a bad shop from what I hear plus they offered to help me out. Plus they are authorized dealers so that would have made this whole ordeal a lot better.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by danielwebb
Dude CIN Motorsports is a great shop and they've worked on plenty of Z's including full builds.
Show me proof of one of these you speak of..
I don't see why you would bash them in this man.
Not bashing them,as they were taking shots at myself and Sharif mentioning a "properly installed" STS kit being problem free. However I am putting people on notice that whatever they (CIN) retort with is based off a long term relationship with STS which has made them ALOT of money. Therefore I woulds say its is biased based off a vested interest..

I agree that STS has behaved less than favorably here and they probably have a few things to work out with the kit. But I would question your bias just as much as you're questioning theirs.
STS was unethical with me,and it is proven that they have been unethical with others as well, nuff said in my opinion.

You did have a business dealing gone South with them which has obviously pissed you off with them.
Correct,however not on my end.I am a man of great ethics, STS has proven otherwise. You would think after pissing us off,blowing up a motor in Sharif's shop they would get the hint and give that poor guy a pass on his restocking fee to save face..I guess they are run by a bunch of morons..
Old 10-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by aarantes

CIN is not a bad shop from what I hear plus they offered to help me out. Plus they are authorized dealers so that would have made this whole ordeal a lot better.
This means nothing..CIN would have never paid for a new motor period..I dont care if they are authorized dealers or not. Sharif is a well experienced shop and has a great reputation in the VQ community.Something had to have gone horribly wrong beyond his control for this to happen..
Old 10-08-2007, 05:06 AM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports

Not bashing them,as they were taking shots at myself and Sharif mentioning a "properly installed" STS kit being problem free. However I am putting people on notice that whatever they (CIN) retort with is based off a long term relationship with STS which has made them ALOT of money. Therefore I woulds say its is biased based off a vested interest..

STS was unethical with me,and it is proven that they have been unethical with others as well, nuff said in my opinion.

Correct,however not on my end.I am a man of great ethics, STS has proven otherwise. You would think after pissing us off,blowing up a motor in Sharif's shop they would get the hint and give that poor guy a pass on his restocking fee to save face..I guess they are run by a bunch of morons..
I agree with alot of what you're saying about STS and them not seeming to have a firm grasp on the conept of how a bad rep on these forums can hurt you, but the connection between them and STS is not as strong as you think it is man. I mean they sent you the first kit to do right? They are a great up and coming shop and I don't know that they've made "Alot of money" off of anyone as of yet.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:35 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Proof right here. 10,000 miles of daily driven abuse.

Last edited by DJ SMITTY; 10-08-2007 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:39 AM
DanielW
Banned

yeah I was just gonna let you chime in Derek
Old 10-08-2007, 06:42 AM
DanielW
Banned

It does seem like you are bashing them man. CIN is not STS. CIN is a couple of hard working stand up guys that are trying to make a living for themselves while putting out cars that people can enjoy at a VERY reasonable price. They are simply trying to make a name for themselves on this forum and it seems like you want to stop them from doing that. I mean even going back to the thread they made about the two cars they were going to be doing the kit on you had to chime in with a sarcastic comment saying,
So was this turbo ever completed or what?
I don't get it man. And on there posts on here they say over and over that they're not trying to put anyone else down and take careful care not to step on any one elses toes as a new shop.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:00 AM
reptile718

CIN is a great shop, they have helped me out plenty in the past. Very knowledgeable and hard working staff. I doubt they are making tons of money with STS, only know of two kits installed by them (could be more) so far.

After reading the entire thread I think the only one responsible for all these problems is the manufacturer (STS).

I hope STS does the right thing and gets your issues resolved
Old 10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
DanielW
Banned

Louie, how in the hell do you have an Itrader rating of 64?!?!? I just reallized that
Old 10-08-2007, 01:01 PM
reptile718

Louie, how in the hell do you have an Itrader rating of 64?!?!? I just reallized that
Well since I no longer have a GF I have been spending a lot of time on the car A lot of good vendors on this site. Z should look completely different (again) since you seen it last. I will call you guys up or make a thread once I get my new apartment setup to invite everyone over for a small party. Hope all is well man, c-ya!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:23 PM
DanielW
Banned

cool
Old 10-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 1,009 Likes on 769 Posts

every for sale thread i ventured into "Reptile718: pm sent!" buying stuff left and right.

so what happend with the gf? she caught you with your buddy from Zdayz? lol
Old 10-08-2007, 01:58 PM
reptile718

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
every for sale thread i ventured into "Reptile718: pm sent!" buying stuff left and right.

so what happend with the gf? she caught you with your buddy from Zdayz? lol
no I still mess around with that one from time to time. I was drunk and threw a fortune cookie at her one night and that was the straw that broke the camels back apparently. Its cool though it would have happened eventually, I kept her on the side for a while but decided she really wasn't someone I wanted to be with.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:12 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

They honestly must have the most stupid,retarted people working for them..Would you not think after myself,and Sharif, two of the most popular,well respected VQ shops in the country,BOTH giving their kits a bad review and bad press, they would do WHATEVER, and I mean WHATEVER it takes to let the smoke clear and stop pissing people off..
The $500 restocking fee, for a turbo kit that was never ready to ship at the time of order VS pissing off the entire 50,000 plus members of MY350z.com, that seems to be an easy one for me to figure out,and Im no customer service expert..
They really have gone above and beyond at destroying themselves in the VQ community forever in my honest opinion.
After a 45 minute conversation with their Rep, Wild bill who actually is a well respected mustang guy,I felt a bit better about them and thought they would make a good faith effort to actually resolve some customer issues, however after reading this I am simply fired up to the point of no return..I mean how fukcing stupid is Rick Squires and the band of money hungry a$$holes he has employed?Do they have an ounce of common sense when it comes to customer service??
And if I were anyone on this board, I would not listen to a thing anyone from C.I.N> motorsports has to say, as their opinion is very objective as they are one of the leading STS distributers in the US..So anything they say is stricly geared towards the sales of more kits to the VQ market, which they are VERY unfamiliar with..Myself and Shariff have been turbocharging the 350Z for well over 3 years. Just because a company puts in 2 STS kits on a VQ, does not make them an EXPERT in the platform by any means..Dont be fooled people,DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!!

font size editted way to big with this much wording

-r0me
Very uncalled for going after CIN Julia.....
Old 10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Very uncalled for going after CIN Julia.....
I honestly do not car..Flame me all you want, they are one of STS major US dealers, and not in the 350z kits, and they insinuated that the kits Sharif and our shop did were improperly installed. You opinion is worth nothing in thtis matter and do not turn this into a typical MRC motorsports witch hunt. The STS kit has some major flaws,their business dealings are shady, and their customer service is horrid .Keep on topic please Buzzard, and if you have no relevant dealings and experiences with STS and their associates to contribute to this thread, then please kleep your opinion to yourself, cause we all know what opinions are like.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:21 PM
DanielW
Banned

A Kinder more Gentle Julian...
Old 10-08-2007, 04:33 PM
goosegoose

so...
what's going on at Forged?

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread