Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Need a good laugh for the morning? Look here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:52 AM
abyss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a good laugh for the morning? Look here!

I wanna steer clear of what ever this fool ate and where he went to school.

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/gara...ne-before.html

He also made a sound system in his car out of computer speakers.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:58 AM
gregtotheb

omg. what an idiot.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:27 AM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't even know how to reply to that.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:49 AM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is funny though.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:53 AM
Chucky

That is freakin' hilarious. I love some of the replies too.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:58 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,029 Likes on 786 Posts

quote from a guy on the last page, this is a different guy then the op over there

Originally Posted by SOME NECO DA
okay.....I'm new to the whole cougar thing. i just got one too. I'm going through some of the cheap mods and gaining some experience here and there. use the resources that are on this website, I did, I found a great electronic supercharger on ebay and i got about 15 more horsepower out of it, i wired it to about 3 different killswitches on my dash so i only get the power when i really need it. another thing you want to get is a power chip (also on Ebay) it gives you 30 more horsepower (i got 25 out of it) i also got an intake put on so i'm making around 250 horsepower right now and i can pull off mid 10's in the 1/4. I'm not trying to flame you at all dude, just trying to help you out.

p.s. those speakers look great, how much did the whole setup cost you, i'd like to try it out - Thanks!"
Old 09-20-2007, 05:03 AM
Bigman095

Originally Posted by MagicHallucinations
I want to stab you in the face..........

The first response to him sums it all up.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:30 AM
reptile718

I would like to see pics of his audio setup, LOL! WTF is wrong with some ppl and what is the OP doing on a Cougar forum anyhow???
Old 09-20-2007, 05:41 AM
Jason333
hi

Originally Posted by abyss
I wanna steer clear of what ever this fool ate and where he went to school.

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/gara...ne-before.html

He also made a sound system in his car out of computer speakers.
Second post from the Cougar board, and both have been superstar filled
Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 AM
annahandres

Today's lesson: Cougar owners =
Old 09-20-2007, 06:07 AM
Rooftop voter

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
quote from a guy on the last page, this is a different guy then the op over there

My god, I hope he was joking.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:15 AM
jaspendlove

lmfao
Old 09-20-2007, 06:36 AM
TENGAI

LMFAO... Oh god, make it stop. Can't stop laughing... It hurts...
Old 09-20-2007, 06:37 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolator144
But now you've got me all curious. Go do a 0-60 then seal a couple coffee filters to the end of your exhaust and do a 0-60 again and tell me how it goes. If there's no significant drop in power then turbos don't steal as much power as I thought. If your 0-60 doubles then I'm right about plugging up your exhaust with a turbo's turbine being a bad idea and a dual battery setup would be "the ideal setup" no matter if electric turbos exist at the moment or not. Btw they do, they're called air compressors lol

"Is this some kind of a joke??? How in the hell did you come to this conclusion?!? This is retarded!!!.........you don't even understand how a turbo works and you're saying it's stupid and trying to correct it."

"Do me a favor.....google how a turbo works and then think about what you've said."

"my god, 2 amazing threads in just one day .... how many bowls of stupid did you eat this morning?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP thanks that was trully hilarious
Old 09-20-2007, 06:40 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by TENGAI
LMFAO... Oh god, make it stop. Can't stop laughing... It hurts...

bro read him trying to defend himself... its even funnier

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Desolator144
NECO Member

oh come on, a monkey knows that "The turbine inlet receives exhaust gases from the engine exhaust manifold causing the turbine wheel to rotate. This rotation drives the compressor, compressing ambient air and delivering it to the air intake of the engine." and that's from Wikipedia btw.
In other words, it blocks the exhaust off until the pressure makes the turbine rotate then the gas gets through. So like I said, it plugs up the exhaust casuing excessive back pressure which EVERYONE knows kills engine performance. Yeah it has variable resistance and doesn't 100% block it off and blah blah blah, it still makes the engine work harder to get rid of exhaust gas and causes it to leak back into the cyllinders. For God's sake, read the wikipedia page. It says:

Quote:
For this reason turbochargers are ideally more efficient, since their turbines are actually heat engines, converting some of the thermal energy from the exhaust gas that would otherwise be wasted, into useful work.

But obviously you stopped there and didn't read the next sentence:

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief,
this is not totally "free energy,"
as it always creates some amount of exhaust backpressure which the engine must overcome

You get it yet? Power the turbo with a battery instead and the engine is free to run at full power Get out of the popular belief catagory and learn how they really work before you tell me to learn how they really work

EDIT:
Omg I just read your website too. Apparently you didn't though cuz it states:

Quote:
Therefore, you would expect to get 50 percent more power. It's not perfectly efficient, so you might get a 30- to 40-percent improvement instead.

One cause of the inefficiency comes from the fact that the power to spin the turbine is not free. Having a turbine in the exhaust flow increases the restriction in the exhaust. This means that on the exhaust stroke, the engine has to push against a higher back-pressure. This subtracts a little bit of power from the cylinders that are firing at the same time.

with it powered off a battery, it would be very close to 100% efficient. That's right, real evidence that you can increase the effectiveness of your turbo from 30-40% to 50% by not running it off the exhaust. Plus it doesn't take a whole ton of electric energy to get a small turbine spinning at 150K RPM in order to compress air

Edit:
Still LOL about how you said "Don't say I haven't done anything nice. Read it and I mean read it! Then you will see that your theory and ideas are not at all correct or logical." and yet your link reinforces every single word I said about how powering it off the exhaust is stupid and robs the engine of performence

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what an idiot... this guy is worst than (INterfooler dood) x (the twins) ^2...only thing with less brains than him is Mr-As$
Old 09-20-2007, 06:59 AM
sentry65
the burninator

I'm not going to read the whole thread, but it's the same concept of an "electric supercharger"

someone should try it and see what they come up with. But it is true that turbos are not completely "free energy" but he's worrying over like 15 hp.

It would be interesting though if you could have a battery that powered a turbo to spin all the time. There'd be no lag and have x psi at all rpms- it'd actually be what's called "anti lag" (OMG what's that??) which has only existed in race cars at this point

it'd be interesting, but I don't see a battery being able to spin a turbo for more than like 10-20 min

but atlas, in the future it's all going to be about batteries and electricity efficiency. The whole concept of running a car off of explosions, carrying highly flamable fuel with you, having spinning driveshafts going through the whole car and compromising the chassis to have one, having to use transmission gears, having air ducts which create drag, having hot exhausts, using turbos, superchargers, nitrous etc, using drive belts, and using up limited fuels - it's all going to seem as smart as when doctors used to use leaches to "cure" people

Last edited by sentry65; 09-20-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:43 AM
abyss

Originally Posted by reptile718
I would like to see pics of his audio setup, LOL! WTF is wrong with some ppl and what is the OP doing on a Cougar forum anyhow???

his car:
http://www.newcougar.org/forums/vide...ut-cougar.html

This link to the turbo nonsense was posted on our local racing forums and I thought I would share.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:53 AM
sentry65
the burninator

it's true, everything about his car is top-notch. Even the thundercats logo

I especially like his custom plywood box
Old 09-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Hexxum001

Wow . . . . . . just WOW . . . .
Old 09-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Zrealsoon

Oh man.. reminds me of my old roomie... and I did try to stab him... nice find man.

Quick Reply: Need a good laugh for the morning? Look here!