Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

*LOW boost Greddy TT 1/4 TIMES!*

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:25 PM
mario23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great stuff Man.
That's some serious skill and a great setup...
Old 09-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great man, glad to see you hitting the track and getting some good results.

also remember that i had a VERY shotty clutch when i was there and was deep into 5th. this was also almost two years ago, done in my driveway and tuned at the track. the only reason i am saying anything is cause you have pointed out comments directed at me

i still dont see why you guys are running low boost, i would like to see a high boost difference ...

good job but dont take from what we have accomplished down here. AJ is still faster (stock block) hehehe

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 09-22-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:01 PM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
i still dont see why you guys are running low boost, i would like to see a high boost difference ...
+1 if there was ever a place to use a tire scalding high boost setting it would be at the strip. But seriously I can understand that they're trying to perfect the non constant variable (driver) before changing the constant variable (boost). Basically e=mc sq
Old 09-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
I also NEED to run with more gas than Id like thanks to stupid TN canister mod starving of gas at 1/4 tank or less.....

put the yellow piece back in your fuel bucket and drill it out a little larger than stock and you wont have that issue...
Old 09-22-2007, 02:02 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

great man, glad to see you hitting the track and getting some good results.

also remember that i had a VERY shotty clutch when i was there and was deep into 5th. this was also almost two years ago, done in my driveway and tuned at the track.

good job but dont take from what we have accomplished down here. AJ is still faster (stock block) hehehe

Dont worry JT, I am going to be rapping mine here hopfully in a few days @ high boost.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

put the yellow piece back in your fuel bucket and drill it out a little larger than stock and you wont have that issue...
Good tip, thank you. Dont take my post toward you as an insult, you know we have always been competitive-from NA to the race to 12's, me ST and you N20 in the race to 11's, and then we both went TT-just different directions. In theory-looking at weight, and power when I compared to your 6MT times and boost I sometimes doubted I could do it, with less power and way more weight, last night confirmed what I believed, that it CAN be done with a full interior. As far as AJ's car, you and I both know his car was gutted, on skinnies AND had N20, Id like to see what his car weighs cuz my TN set-up was 3125lbs without as much weight reduction as him, and it didnt blow up right after the runs
Old 09-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Why run high boost if you havent extracted at least 90% of your low boost? Doesnt make sense to me, I may be a decent drag racer but even I needed to take "baby steps" IMO. With high boost and my old slick set-up the wall could have possibly been in the way of my learning curve
Old 09-22-2007, 02:12 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Why run high boost if you havent extracted at least 90% of your low boost? Doesnt make sense to me, I may be a decent drag racer but even I needed to take "baby steps" IMO. With high boost and my old slick set-up the wall could have possibly been in the way of my learning curve

Becuase I am going to war in two weeks!
Old 09-22-2007, 02:29 PM
RED RIDER

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Alberto...nice job..your ride and mine look nearly identical...I was at San Antonio raceway just last weekend and unfortunately had to give the car a ride home on the flatbed wrecker..lol the clutch disc was FUSED to the flywheel ( SPEC stage III)
I only ran a 13.04 @ 111 because I roasted the tires(street nitto NT555) in 1st,2nd and third on high boost. I also did that in 3rd gear pedaling at the end of the track becasue it wouldnt go into 4th LMAO! it pulling like a MONSTER in third so I really believe with the right tires I can get into the high 10's low elevens as well...
So after callling shariff I now have a carbonetics three disc that the brown truck dropped off this morning...CAN YOU SAY OUCH TO OVERNIGHT SAT DELIVERY!!!!(45 pounds)
So I'll get the car back together and am going to the DHRA Finals in Baytown next month and hope to make a few passes...we'll see then..
Tom

pics of my Z and the clutch carnage...
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/557114053HwmNqK
Old 09-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Becuase I am going to war in two weeks!
Well thats understandable...diff goals for diff folks
Old 09-22-2007, 02:42 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

great numbers berto
Old 09-22-2007, 02:43 PM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by coachk
Congrats Bert and much better this time....to all those who want to drag race,when you watch the vid,right before he launches watch how he rolls into the staging light right before he launches.Thats an old trick but very affective for your 60's..Its called a deep stage. Great Job from start to finish....

I noticed that too. When i first told my dad I was going to take my car to rockingham he told me that little trick
Old 09-22-2007, 02:52 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job Alberto !!!!!

Im sure its was a lot of fun !
Old 09-22-2007, 03:02 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danielwebb
I noticed that too. When i first told my dad I was going to take my car to rockingham he told me that little trick
Daniel i dont know if you will have the same problems as i had but watch out for the rev limiter with out a v/b cause i hit every pass down the track.The best i could do with my heavy *** g and on street tires was a 13.25 at 106 and it hit the rev limiter everytime which killed my times.The vb is going in tomorrow(sunday if i can find any jmatic0.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:16 PM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Congrats! Great job!!
Old 09-22-2007, 03:30 PM
one350zfan

As far as AJ's car, you and I both know his car was gutted, on skinnies AND had N20, Id like to see what his car weighs cuz my TN set-up was 3125lbs without as much weight reduction as him, and it didnt blow up right after the runs
Alberto, I was there for those runs. He had the passenger seat out, rear plastic removed(waste of time) and no NO2. That night, AJ's car was an 11.2 car all night long but they added timing and leaned it out to get that 11.0.

The 29" slicks are just nasty and with the skinnies up front he could stay in it. I mean, he was cutting 1.5's and when you do that you'll see 10.8's even with your squirrelly set-up... Imagine if you could stay in it!

I wish you would have tried the stockers because I'm running in an event down here next week and think I might have your same issues. My set-up is solid for 400lbs. of trq. but I'll be running around 480lbs. this time out. I'll be spraying on top of a turbonetics kit so if it does get squirrelly, I'll just run boosted and see what 10lbs. of boost can do w/ full interior and DR's!
Old 09-22-2007, 04:25 PM
aj_350z

As far as AJ's car, you and I both know his car was gutted, on skinnies AND had N20, Id like to see what his car weighs cuz my TN set-up was 3125lbs without as much weight reduction as him, and it didnt blow up right after the runs
As far as my car i ran 11.5 full weight with no n20 on no more than 9 psi on slicks. my 11.0 run yes i had the interior stripped and all the metal behind the seats cut out i was trying to have a cage in by the event but still no n20 i actually have yet to spray. My car would still be running if it hadn't slipped out of 1st gear and over revvved. That would have given me time to keep going with my stock motor and spray and went mid 10's on what i like to call my all the time boost. but my car is a great all around car i drive it everyday.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

AJ-your 60ft is nasty fast, when I cut a 1.5 60ft and get a clean run I know I would have extracted 99% out of my low boost and I'll move to high...
Old 09-22-2007, 04:42 PM
aj_350z

well i hope to see some good times with high boost. I really wanted to spray off the line and pull some 1.4's. There isnt enough time in the day tho.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:32 PM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Daniel i dont know if you will have the same problems as i had but watch out for the rev limiter with out a v/b cause i hit every pass down the track.The best i could do with my heavy *** g and on street tires was a 13.25 at 106 and it hit the rev limiter everytime which killed my times.The vb is going in tomorrow(sunday if i can find any jmatic0.
haha i'm in the exact same situation. My VB came in today and it can't be put in till monday because the shop needs some Matic J. I already experienced the difficulty of trying the 5at at the track. People have been telling me that the VB wont take anytime off my ET but I don't see how it can't considering how sluggish this thing shifts without it. Yours must've been even worse with the greddy twins. How much whp are you putting down?

Quick Reply: *LOW boost Greddy TT 1/4 TIMES!*