Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Throttle Position Sensor Tps

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Rafa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Position Sensor Tps

I need somebody's help, i have a 350z TT from jwt and all of the sudden my SLIP light turns on and the throttle does not respond so i can't pass 25mph.

I plugged in this device for OBD II under the steering wheel and it told me it was the TPS, my question is, has anybody had this malfunction on their car or is it very rare ???

I called the dealer and i have to buy the whole thing throttle body plus TPS and take it back to the dealer so they can adjust the idle, what a pain in the a??

Anybody's help is highly appreciated, thank u very much

Rafa
Old 10-01-2007, 09:14 AM
john1982

i'm not FI, but i've had the same thing happen to me.....i reset the ecu and the check engine light went off and everything went back to normal.....hope that helps
Old 10-02-2007, 04:55 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

stuff like this can be very annoying, if it is under warranty then take it back to the dealer, they will take care of ya.

good luck
Old 10-02-2007, 05:06 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rafa
I need somebody's help, i have a 350z TT from jwt and all of the sudden my SLIP light turns on and the throttle does not respond so i can't pass 25mph.

I plugged in this device for OBD II under the steering wheel and it told me it was the TPS, my question is, has anybody had this malfunction on their car or is it very rare ???

I called the dealer and i have to buy the whole thing throttle body plus TPS and take it back to the dealer so they can adjust the idle, what a pain in the a??

Rafa
Was it the TPS Voltage Correlation A/B code? If so, you have a TB that is acting up. Nissan replaced many under warranty a while back.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Rafa

Was it the TPS Voltage Correlation A/B code? If so, you have a TB that is acting up. Nissan replaced many under warranty a while back.

Yes, it was exactly the TPS VOLTAGE CORRELATION A/B CODE, my question is should i just disconnect the negative battery or take it to the dealer, my worries are that the guys here in miami take our cars with TT for joy rides and destroy them

Rafa
350z JWT TT 475whp@10psi
Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Yes, it was exactly the TPS VOLTAGE CORRELATION A/B CODE, my question is should i just disconnect the negative battery or take it to the dealer, my worries are that the guys here in miami take our cars with TT for joy rides and destroy them

Rafa
350z JWT TT 475whp@10psi
It's an intermittant issue, so you might want to leave the code in place for the technician to see it for himself. Of course, he might say that your TT kit destoryed the TB.
A new TB is about $350, IIRC so might just be worth changing it out yourself
Old 10-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
It's an intermittant issue, so you might want to leave the code in place for the technician to see it for himself. Of course, he might say that your TT kit destoryed the TB.
A new TB is about $350, IIRC so might just be worth changing it out yourself
They are even cheaper than that now. Nissan has only reman ones and I think list is like 260 on them and if you can work a deal with the your parts girl, you should be able to get it for under 200.

The TPS is part of the of the throttle body assembly so it won't be an added part
Old 10-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Zivman
They are even cheaper than that now. Nissan has only reman ones and I think list is like 260 on them and if you can work a deal with the your parts girl, you should be able to get it for under 200.

The TPS is part of the of the throttle body assembly so it won't be an added part
wow, they used to be over $500 back in the day. Good to see them getting cheaper.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:47 PM
gabez33

Rafa

TPS going out are VERY common!!!!! Sounds like you car went into dummy/limp mode... I think its time you replace your TPS. BUT DONT BUY NEW! This has been happening so much that nissan now offers re manufactured TPS for about $120 Its the heat that destroys them...engineering flaw, poor heat sink ablilty...check courtesy nissan...but your gonna have to call and order cause the part isnt listed on thier site. I know some that has been through 6 since she FI'ed her car...I been through only 2
Old 10-02-2007, 04:05 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

We have an extra one here if you need it. Just call us tomorrow if so.