Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

IntensePower / ProEFI / Greddy TT: Closing in on 700whp!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 05:10 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Impressive, nice numbers.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:13 AM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
Wow thats very nice. I would not mind upgrading to somthing like that. Would you say anything about the user interface as comparied to the vpro. Can you tell us more about ease of use and time of learning curve.

The end user makes adjustments through the can gage. It adaptively learns fuel, timing, boost etc... so you don't have to go in and make adjustments through a laptop interface like you have had to in the past. The Can gage allows you to make boost changes, pump gas/race gas changes... etc..
Old 11-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
yeah , all my cars are on lower compression too. i am not hating at all, just saying that the cars made A LOT more tq than those graphs.

i would definitely keep the VTC at stock settings cause thats what we run. i wouldnt want to lose power over stock stuff.
You bring up a great point. My car makes 400ft/lbs @ 4000rpm's @ only 15psi! By 5000rpm's that car has passed my TQ numbers @ 15psi. Does seem like there isnt much area under the curve.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:38 PM
1ZweetZ

Originally Posted by Alberto
You bring up a great point. My car makes 400ft/lbs @ 4000rpm's @ only 15psi! By 5000rpm's that car has passed my TQ numbers @ 15psi. Does seem like there isnt much area under the curve.
I think you guys keep missing his post that it does NOT HAVE Vcam working. It's an 8.5 to 1 motor with cams, and NO Varibale CAM. That obviously is a huge loss in bottom end... but doesn't affect top end power. If you look at the other graph they posted on the G35, it gained well over 100hp at 4k with just the addition of the variable cam. What's to hate? Clearly with the Variable cam on it would have made ALOT more bottom end..100+hp at 4k, and they made a VERY smooth 700whp (close enough for me).
Old 11-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ah ha, this must be your car. well we have over 300+ more tq on a 16 pounds greddy kit at 4000 rpms. i was just wondering why they leave it off and not just leave it stock. our cars are just stock cam timing. just asking, thats it..
Old 11-27-2007, 02:25 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
ah ha, this must be your car. well we have over 300+ more tq on a 16 pounds greddy kit at 4000 rpms. i was just wondering why they leave it off and not just leave it stock. our cars are just stock cam timing. just asking, thats it..
It's off because they were testing the ProEFI unit on our car before they had 100% control over the VTC. We haven't been posting in chronological order, so this actually took place prior to the Turbonetics/PowerLab VTC Test. We're testing a million different things, and when we get a little bit of free time we dont mind sharing some of our results with you all

Remember these are all pre-production units that are being hand built to each specific application, meaning they are doing all the wiring, making all of the plugs, and adapting everything to each vehicle and testing it. As you all saw in the other thread (Turbonetics/PowerLab VTC Testing) they now have control over the VTC and will be used in all of the upcoming testing.

We had the opportunity to test a pre-production ProEFI unit on our Greddy car which furthers the development process and in turn will allow the entire community to have another great option as far as ems goes

Last edited by IntenseFab; 11-27-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:49 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

+1
I know you had tested my car with the proefi a bit before the results were posted, and i knew of the greddy run too but again...The intend of these threads is to clearly highlight the capabilities of VTC(how much more power you can make and improve spool time) and the ability of pro-efi /tune the to handle fuel smoothly(smoothing 0) at high boost dyno run after dyno run, as well as show how much power these cars are making on a dynojet SAE .
Most people will probably leave the cam timing stock with this units unless they have some "wild" cams....up to the tuner/end-user; but regardless you have the option to and you can clearly see what are the advantages of it with pro-efi

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-27-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 PM
captj3

I'm just curious are there any video outputs like the f-con IS? This way you can monitor a few things.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:34 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly, you just tell the EFI what you have in terms of injector size, and what AFR you want and it does everything else??? That almost seems too easy. So what do we need tuners for??? Just kidding? WOW!!! This thing is amazing.
There has to be more to it...

Nice Job.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I misunderstood, so off means it wasnt operating like stock? I was under the impression the feature was turned off and that meant it ran stock vtc settings. Didnt mean to insult anybody, do you happen to have a dyno with even stock vtc operating?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by Alberto
I misunderstood, so off means it wasnt operating like stock? I was under the impression the feature was turned off and that meant it ran stock vtc settings. Didnt mean to insult anybody, do you happen to have a dyno with even stock vtc operating?
Sorry about that, I should have been more clear. The VTC was inoperative during these runs, so it was operating w/o any variable cam timing. Prior to this we had it equipped with the V-Pro on the stock engine, standard boost.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:38 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by captj3
I'm just curious are there any video outputs like the f-con IS? This way you can monitor a few things.
Yes it does have outputs for external monitoring, in order to do so you'd have to have the ProEFI Can Gauge. I'm not 100% sure on everything it will monitor, I'll check into that next time i talk to jason.

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Honestly, you just tell the EFI what you have in terms of injector size, and what AFR you want and it does everything else??? That almost seems too easy. So what do we need tuners for??? Just kidding? WOW!!! This thing is amazing.
There has to be more to it...

Nice Job.
Yes, you've brought up a very good question. Based on your initial calibration, say 650CC Injectors, w/ a base fuel pressure of 43 PSI and with calculated VE the rest is all tuned by the Adaptive Learning feature and AF Monitoring (which is internal as well).

Thats what ProEFI is going to change about tuning, alot of people have been asking "well what does the interface look like", "what will i be able to tune", "is it going to be locked or unlocked" etc. And the answer to that is that none of it will have to be accessible since you won't have to tune anything. Things that you might want to tweak later on like Boost Control / Traction Control / Two Step etc.. will be able to be adjusted.

Last edited by IntenseFab; 11-27-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:22 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
Yes, you've brought up a very good question. Based on your initial calibration, say 650CC Injectors, w/ a base fuel pressure of 43 PSI and with calculated VE the rest is all tuned by the Adaptive Learning feature and AF Monitoring (which is internal as well).

Thats what ProEFI is going to change about tuning, alot of people have been asking "well what does the interface look like", "what will i be able to tune", "is it going to be locked or unlocked" etc. And the answer to that is that none of it will have to be accessible since you won't have to tune anything. Things that you might want to tweak later on like Boost Control / Traction Control / Two Step etc.. will be able to be adjusted.
just wanna adda couple of things related to IntenseFabs post:

How VE is calculated:

As for how v.e. is calculated... the answer is mathematically!

V.e. is calculated off of swept cylinder volume, number of cylinders, combustion events per rev (i.e. 2 stroke or 4 stroke.) Map pressure, v.e. table, exhaust back pressure, iat, coolant temp, throttle rate of change, and a few other things.

It is true speed density or mass air. By TRUE speed density, I mean that the mass of air is actually calculated with all the things I mentioned above... the AEM is NOT speed density... it is alpha N with a pressure lookup table, as are most all stand alones.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Fuel pressure compensation.

With the simple addition of a fuel pressure sensor, the computer will monitor and compensate for various fuel pressure. Lets say that you have a pump that is tired and your fuel pressure is not rising 1-1 any more. The computer will know and add necessary fuel. Also if the pressure really gets unstable causing the computer to add too much pulse width, it will trigger a check engine light. It can also be set to initiate fuel cut, turn off the boost control, shut off NOS and lower the rev limiter. These safe guards can be triggered by the fuel pressure alone, by O2 activity or a number of other things!!

Because of the high speed knock control strategies of theis computer, it can compesate for octane changes.... Of course you stil have to keep your boost levels in check with the octane that you are running!! But lets say that you normally run 93 octane and on a trip you come across a pump that only has 89 octane, the computer will be able to adapt.

You can add a toggle switch to trigger high octane, medium octane and low octane maps!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Boost Control Strategies

Will be able to utilize dual solenoids to control pressure to both the top and bottom ports on any wastegate. This will give you VERY accurate control!!

Will be able to control boost by speed.

Will be able to control boost by time. Therefore if you spin the tires, and the vehicle speed sensor puts the boost map into a zone for higher boost.... the computer will know that it is wrong and hold the boost down until a certain amount of time.

Will control boost based on traction control. Traction control will be based on wheel speed differential!!

This computer will also know what gear you are in by simply entering gear ratios from the service manual, rear end ratio and tire size!!

Also with the addition of a special fuel sensor ( one that the factory flex fuel cars use) the computer will know if you run E85, or regular gas, or a mix and adjust accordingly!! Of course this has to be setup but the computer certainly has the ability!!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 AM
rrmedicx

Holy Crap. This thing seems awesome!!! Nice work. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Javierg35

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
Yes it does have outputs for external monitoring, in order to do so you'd have to have the ProEFI Can Gauge. I'm not 100% sure on everything it will monitor, I'll check into that next time i talk to jason.

You mean, thats it , just plug and play ? , So , no tuning needed to the fuel/ign after that pre-tuning or initial calibration ?
Just play with boost control , traction control , two step etc.... ????????
Old 11-28-2007, 10:17 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^Thanks for the additional info Jorge!

Very impressive and exciting!!! This sounds like a quantum leap forward in EMS for the Z/G.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:22 PM
TTRANK

This may be my next EMS when I decide to ditch my UTEC and come play in the big league.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:44 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know your testing and all... but that graph totally defeats the purpose of a TT kit.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:45 PM
rrmedicx

My UTEC Sold 2 weeks ago, now I am just waiting for the ProEFI to arrive to my dealer.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:58 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by D350Z10
I know your testing and all... but that graph totally defeats the purpose of a TT kit.
you should have read more in the thread.
but the first dyno VTC was completly dissabeled... and thats why the car looked like that.... that got completly solved once vtc was enabeled

Quick Reply: IntensePower / ProEFI / Greddy TT: Closing in on 700whp!