Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Eagletanggreen ----> "GETS MODIFIED"<-----

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008 | 04:13 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!
Premier Member

Thumbs up Eagletanggreen ----> "GETS MODIFIED"<-----

Well this weekend I had a chance to visit Modified Auto Design in Indiana. The reason of the trip was to get Joe Kenefic a chance to install the Ikeya Sequential shifter. Before going there I had a chance to talk to the owner of the shop Jeff Harding to get an idea of the type of work they do there. Well their cliental very to mulit millionaires , pro ball players, to your average Joe that want a window tint. Very top notch shop with attention to detail. They take on one or two jobs at a time to insure proper turn around time )to their customer time is everything). So the time line I gave them was two day no more, I asked for the install of the shifter and to put my stereo back in. Very easy job for a two day operation right??

Joe Kenefic with association with MAD (Modified Auto design) installed my shifter, we found out that with solid motor mounts you indeed have to take the tranny out to install all the components properly. No sweat for Joe and with help from Gabe one of the in house tech (Gabe a former 4 year Porsche tech) took the tranny out and installed the components in about a 1hour and had all the exhaust piping rigged up and ready to go.

At the same time Mike audio/ video tech (Mike a ITT grad with a degree in electrical engineering) was up on a ladder installing my audio components. This shop is all work, and prides its self to quality, and attention to detail, for a quick turn around of the customers car.
All mechanical and engine work is done by Joe Kenefic from a basic exhaust install to a complete built motor with meth. Joe Kenefic is my only Mechanic that work on my car.

I will start with the sequential shifter. I just love this thing! No adjustments were needed once we bolted it on. All gears are nice and crisp with no notchy shifting very pure and positive shifts. You can go thru the whole gear box in seconds. Definitely a aid if wanting to shift fast. Its one of the best mods I have done to this car, and you get to enjoy it every second your at the wheel. It is very street friendly, the only thing you have to wait is for the speed to drop under 20mph to shift into 1st and then N when reaching a light, however if your determine to get it into 1st it will go in with a little bit of force nothing major.
I just cant stop driving the car with this thing on its just crazy fun!! It really gives your car a race car feeling even if you have 200hp all fun! Shift indicator was installed just under the tach for easy view. I just plain love it and recommend it to any race enthusiast.
These shifter are available thru MAD and will come with simplified installation instructions, not the hard to read Japanese ones provided by Joe.

Synchronic BOV

I installed the BOV just to test this thing out; I was not really expecting anything. Well I was wrong. This BOV def made my throttle response much better, faster. Also my car used to go into limp mod when I would be in a high gear and at a simi low speed , just about every time the meth would engage??? Well that’s gone/ fixed I tried all the way home to get the car into limp mode it just wouldn’t. The sound is like a loud *** Greddy RS. If your worried about compressor surge, this BOV will make those worries go away 100%. This thing dumps super crazy fast its like having two BOV in one just nutty, I love it!

Stereo system

The reason I took the stereo system out in the first place was because my car was so loud I just could not hear the music the way it was recorded. 3” exhaust all the way back a whine lsd = no heary stereo. I told Jeff about this and he said he had a fix for me, I was like no thanks I am good. He insisted, so I gave in.
First of all if you have a loud car (open dumps , exhaust ect. ) this is the fix . I never thought I could have a stereo that you could hear all every little sound so perfect, again just plain sick!!! The component that were installed was the Alpine IDA-X100 (because I don’t carry CD’s anymore) and XM module with a removable XM card (that way you can drop it in your other car and only pay for one subscription) and the golden key of all this was the Alpine IMPRINT Sound Manager. You hook this up to your lap top and place the included mic in the cab of the car and the computer analyses the range of your speaker for exact speaker location, so the sound of the speaker hit you all at the same time. This just came out this month for certain Alpine head units. What you get is a perfect sounding stage at all decibel levels (in my situation LOUD!)

I asked then to hook everything up so I can take it out in minutes and I just wanted it hooked up nothing flashy to save $$$$. “You can put the amps in the spare wheel compartment for all care” is what I told them. Mike the installer has done some crazy UNIQE type of installs and has worked on Bugattis , Ferrari, Lamos to name a few. This guy was taking his shoes off to get into my car (an example of the attention to detail this man has)
So when I cam back the next day with Joe and saw what he did to my trunk, I was just plain speechless. He said the work was a easy job.. Nuts.

Mike also redid all my wiring for my fans and they work flawlessly now!

All in all the work done by Joe and Modified is second to none and is my shop of choice for engine/audio/and interior. Forged still does the tunning, however I will be having MAD get a shot at tunning my car this late summer. They are now equip with a brand new rear wheel DD dyno. Joe Kenefic will be doing all the engine builds for the shop.

www.modifiedautodesigns.com/

Peace!

Last edited by eagletanggreen; 04-15-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-15-2008 | 04:22 PM
shift-er

very nice work......

enjoy this piece....looks top notch.
Old 04-15-2008 | 04:24 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

cool shop..
Old 04-15-2008 | 04:28 PM
Crom

Excellent write-up as usual...how does the shifter feel ?.....
Old 04-15-2008 | 04:33 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Looks good Luie, I still need to find a good shop around here for my Audio/Interior work once I get my car back from GTM.

Thinking about getting one of those shifters for my EVO, when do you think you will be able to take it to the track?
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:06 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom
Premier Member

Nice stuff Luie, thanks for the write up. Joe's car looks awesome too.
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:07 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Looks good Luie, I still need to find a good shop around here for my Audio/Interior work once I get my car back from GTM.

Thinking about getting one of those shifters for my EVO, when do you think you will be able to take it to the track?

Not till the end of May! Just want to enjoy driving it fast on the street for a while since (knock on wood) everything is just running perfect.

Don't want to break anything on purpose, I think I already pushed my luck with this car, if you know what I mean.
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:11 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom
Premier Member

I tried to go to their site, but I don't think it exists yet
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:15 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
I tried to go to their site, but I don't think it exists yet

Worked for me!
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:19 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom
Premier Member

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Worked for me!
works for me now too. I guess my Mac is t3h suck. At any rate, congrats on the work you had done.
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:21 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!
Premier Member

No need to congrat me tell Modified that!
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:24 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom
Premier Member

BTW, is the Cosworth working for you ok these days?
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:24 PM
coachk
Banned

Luie...congrats on all the new upgrades and it looks like you got them all done in time for ZDAYZ Your car should stand apart from all others and great job on continuing to try new things.
Welcome to the world of AT's(well not really,but I had to throw that in ) If I make it to ZDAYZ, I'll show you how to shift that thing and I promise not to break it..........
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:30 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by coachk
Luie...congrats on all the new upgrades and it looks like you got them all done in time for ZDAYZ Your car should stand apart from all others and great job on continuing to try new things.
Welcome to the world of AT's(well not really,but I had to throw that in ) If I make it to ZDAYZ, I'll show you how to shift that thing and I promise not to break it..........

Thanks Brother!

This thing was design for big muscular guys like ourself . J/K

Yeah sure thing, I'll let you rape my baby .
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:38 PM
jonnylaw

Great work! I like the way the boot looks. Enjoy!
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:41 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Glad to hear the small issues are solved and that your happy Luie. I look forward to seeing vids of that shifter, and hopefully soon checking it out in person and trying to break it
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:45 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Alberto
Glad to hear the small issues are solved and that your happy Luie. I look forward to seeing vids of that shifter, and hopefully soon checking it out in person and trying to break it

Mi casa tu casa brother!
Old 04-15-2008 | 05:58 PM
BOOSTIN350Z

Car looks awsome Luie! I like the cool simple stereo install, with a touch of custom. I am having Modified do my work as well, their shop is pretty cool, and like you said, if their good enough to work on Lambos, Ferrari's, and a freaking Bugatti, they are way good enough to work on my little z. I have already use them to install my greddy kit, and build the motor, which was done by Joe at Modified. I can't wait to get on their new dyno.
Old 04-15-2008 | 06:03 PM
turismo

Thanx for another great writeup!
Old 04-15-2008 | 06:13 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTIN350Z
Car looks awsome Luie! I like the cool simple stereo install, with a touch of custom. I am having Modified do my work as well, their shop is pretty cool, and like you said, if their good enough to work on Lambos, Ferrari's, and a freaking Bugatti, they are way good enough to work on my little z. I have already use them to install my greddy kit, and build the motor, which was done by Joe at Modified. I can't wait to get on their new dyno.

Great looking car by the way, and good to meet you, you are in good hands!

Quick Reply: Eagletanggreen ----> "GETS MODIFIED"<-----