Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

thinking about putting greddy twins on VQ35HR

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:32 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
So how can a HR not be stronger than a DE when the rods are twice the size of the DE? How can the HR in the 350z not be as strong as the HR in the G37 if the rods are the same? Time will tell, but facts are facts that the HR is stronger than the DE and will handle more boost. Your the one spewing bs saying it won't be as strong.

Some of us have owned all models of the VQ...I have you have not. So go away.
You underestimate the complexity of boosting an NA motor. As stated above, there are many more less obvious variables than how the connecting rods "look".

Just because you have owned multiple Z's doesn't mean you can look at the internals and instantly assume how much power it will make. All your NA ownership and intake installs does not qualify you as an expert. Besides, I never said the HR won't hold more power, I said that you don't even know what it's capable of.

I personally hope you man up on your words, install a turbo kit, and go push the limits on your motor. Then I hope it promptly blows up in your face. However, I highly doubt you have the knowledge or ***** to be the first.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:34 PM
taurran

Some of us have owned all models of the VQ...I have you have not. So go away.
I'm just quoting this statement again for everyone. It made me laugh. Your ignorance is astounding.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:44 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

Wikipedia says there are 14 versions of the VQ. You must have owned a lot of cars .

Last edited by JAM3Z; 04-22-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:50 PM
ax6_g35

Sorry I have better things to spend my money on than a car.

Oh btw, I had two G35's before you guys with many mods on them, and I have kinda grown out of that phase now. At least I have a car like I said that isn't common and won't be available soon.
Actually most people have good taste at the show (my opinion). But most people at the show are older crowds and not the younger groups that go to HIN.

They have more respect for the Heritage of the Z than just making it all bad *** with adding aftermarket goods.
just wanted to add this

HR rods are stronger than the DE rods for sure, but who knows how much power until they go kaboom (stock hr)

Last edited by ax6_g35; 04-22-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:51 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More significant when no one could even tell what the difference was at first then it had to be pointed out? LOL. Give me a fking break.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:52 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by taurran
I'm just quoting this statement again for everyone. It made me laugh. Your ignorance is astounding.

Facts of life, sorry they slap you in the face.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:54 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

Wikipedia says there are 14 versions of the VQ. You must have owned a lot of cars .
Only US models

Yep...

Owned 2 VQ30DE, 2-VQ30DEK powered cars, then a Pathfinder LE 3.5L, then 04 G35, 05 G35 REV-UP, 07 Z, 09 Murano.

Owned all variations of the VQ except the 4.0L.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:55 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by ax6_g35
just wanted to add this

HR rods are stronger than the DE rods for sure, but who knows how much power until they go kaboom (stock hr)

Wow and you are so mature....try doing that in person.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:57 PM
twitch579

Just to throw in my 2, I personally believe that the HR is not going to be able to handle as much boost as the DE due to the even higher compression ratio. Isnt it like 10.6.1 now>?>?

But then again the whole engine has been strengthened for higher revolutions...
Old 04-22-2008, 03:58 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by twitch579
Just to throw in my 2, I personally believe that the HR is not going to be able to handle as much boost as the DE due to the even higher compression ratio. Isnt it like 10.6.1 now>?>?

But then again the whole engine has been strengthened for higher revolutions...

It is barely any higher to cause any difference really. But the obvious difference the HR is built much stronger. And I am done, I see where this is going. Play away kids.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Peak350

More significant when no one could even tell what the difference was at first then it had to be pointed out? LOL. Give me a fking break.
At the top of the neck. Its just a point that the rod can break more easily. Nothings going to beat a good forged and machined aftermarket rod at this point, and I'm sure they'll hold more power than I'd want to run on the stock block for other reasons (pistons, head gasket, etc.) as I'd mentioned, but I still think the 3.7's could hold a fairly significant amount more, say 50 hp.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:07 PM
taurran

Facts of life, sorry they slap you in the face.
Here are some facts for you then.

a) Built DE's will still make more power than your stock HR will dream of.
b) We've all spent less on our built DE's than you have on your multiple stock Z's.
c) You know nothing about forced induction besides what you're spoon-fed on a forum. The extent of your knowledge is "it's built much strongerer".

The HR motor will make more power. It's a newer design. However, until someone blows a few of them up, no one will know the limit. Until then it's all just assumptions. People have made 500whp on DE motors but they've never lasted for the long haul. A single dyno from a single shop really proves nothing.

For all you know those internals that "look" stronger may really have a design flaw or weak point as they were still not engineered for boost. You've got things like piston ringlands, rod bolts, head studs, and everything else that are possible weak links. Any of these and more could be a limiting factor in the design of any motor. The fact that you're basing your entire (big headed) opinion on a few photos of connecting rods is proof you have no idea what you're talking about.

The next thing you know you'll be posting that your imaginary boosted HR was beating ferrari enzos in the quarter mile, because "the connecting rods look stronger".

Or what? You'll go e-thug on him?

Forget it, you're the best man. Your waste of money nismo Z will beat god in his RSX.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:08 PM
taurran

It is barely any higher to cause any difference really. But the obvious difference the HR is built much stronger. And I am done, I see where this is going. Play away kids.
Don't let the door hit your **** on the way out.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:10 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

b) We've all spent less on our built DE's than you have on your multiple stock Z's.
c) You know nothing about forced induction besides what you're spoon-fed on a forum. The extent of your knowledge is "it's built much strongerer".

The HR motor will make more power. It's a newer design. However, until someone blows a few of them up, no one will know the limit. Until then it's all just assumptions. People have made 500whp on DE motors but they've never lasted for the long haul. A single dyno from a single shop really proves nothing.

For all you know those internals that "look" stronger may really have a design flaw or weak point as they were still not engineered for boost. You've got things like piston ringlands, rod bolts, head studs, and everything else that are possible weak links. Any of these and more could be a limiting factor in the design of any motor. The fact that you're basing your entire (big headed) opinion on a few photos of connecting rods is proof you have no idea what you're talking about.

The next thing you know you'll be posting that your imaginary boosted HR was beating ferrari enzos in the quarter mile, because "the connecting rods look stronger".

Forget it, you're the best man. Your waste of money nismo Z will beat god in his RSX.
Seems to me you are doing the same. Done
Old 04-22-2008, 04:11 PM
ax6_g35

believe me its not worth it. grow up!!!

Last edited by ax6_g35; 04-22-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:11 PM
taurran

Seems to me you are doing the same. Done
Go read my posts because obviously you have a problem understanding them.

Oh, and why aren't you gone yet?
Old 04-22-2008, 04:12 PM
ax6_g35

believe me, its not worth it. grow up!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Sick Z

Well put Taurren, Russell, sorry but haven't you figured out by now that you are well known on these forums as THE KEYBOARD WARRIOR. You've had two Gs before, yet neither of them were not even FI, I doubt you even know how to put a wrench on a car. Pretty much the reason why you bought your Nismo, everyone knows that. Here you go starting sh*t in the FI forum like you actually know what you are talking about...

Then here you are proud of yourself winning first place in your OWN TEAM's car show, then talking sh*t about HIN and rice..get over yourself.

Face it bro, just grow up. You seem to like to roll your eyes in sarcasm alot, right back at ya!

Last edited by Sick Z; 04-22-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:33 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Sick Z
Well put Taurren, Russell, sorry but haven't you figured out by now that you are well known on these forums as THE KEYBOARD WARRIOR. You've had two Gs before, yet neither of them were not even FI, I doubt you even know how to put a wrench on a car. Pretty much the reason why you bought your Nismo, everyone knows that. Here you go starting sh*t in the FI forum like you actually know what you are talking about...

Then here you are proud of yourself winning first place in your OWN TEAM's car show, then talking sh*t about HIN and rice..get over yourself.

Face it bro, just grow up. You seem to like to roll your eyes in sarcasm alot, right back at ya!

Ahh another guy saying I don't know how to wrench a car when I do most of the work on cars in the club. At least I have installed Vortech kits myself on a few VQ cars. Ask Nissan Sport Mag, DaveO ask him how much knowledge I know of these cars. Ask him how much wrench time I have done.

PS, we are not a "TEAM" we are a ZCCA Car Club that is national. There is a reason why we can have the Natioanl ZCCA conventions, or be in the Nissan Brochure for the 350z with our club. No I bought the NISMO because I am more into performance and road racing than bling and car shows. You will understand why my car is mostly stock due to SCCA rules.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 04-22-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:51 PM
alan21

^^^^hahah f*cking tool bag

Quick Reply: thinking about putting greddy twins on VQ35HR