Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Beeping from HKS EVC on low RPMS. Any help or ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 02:26 PM
jmcmorante

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beeping from HKS EVC on low RPMS. Any help or ideas?

Well guys, when I had my turbo timer installed in January, it looks like they bumped the HKS EVC unit which is next to the New turbo timer that was being placed. It looks like both of the VOLUME ***** where moved and the boost reset it self on both, high setting and low setting, to about 6 1/2 psi from 7 psi low and 9 psi high setting. Anyhow, having no time to return to the shop to get that squared away I have been driving at 6 1/2 boost however I noticed that whenever the RPM's drop below 1K to like 750 or so it beeps, the EVC that is, beeps.

I have the JWT flywheel/clutch combo and especially on hot days it chatters and sometimes at a red light I feel like the RPMS jump around a bit from 750 to 1K where it normally stays. Of course the chatter stops at 1K (when it stays there like its supposed to since I have the GTM chip), most of it when it gets to 1K but when it jumps back down to 750 the thing beeps. Not sure if its the flywheel making this jump on the RPMS or not but wanted to give you guys this info as well.

Anyhow, I know for a fact the shop that I use are the best of the best and can solve the problem, I'm just throwing it out there for ideas to know more or else why it does this. Is it that the EVC went to programming mode when it reset?

Anyhow I was waiting for my oil change next month and have this taken care of then but like I said I was curious because the beeping drives me nuts! LOL