Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

so what VR38DETT parts are interchangable with our motors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:45 PM
hydroflip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turismo
We dont even share the same engine code. Its a completely different motor altogether!

If you want an expensive manifold, purchase the Cosworth. If you want piston, buy oversized Aries. If you want rods, purchase Pauter!
i realize it isnt the same motor. if i wanted to swap parts with the same motor in hopes of making more power, it wouldnt make sense now would it?

if i wanted a cosworth IM, oversized pistons, or pauter rods, i would get them...but what im currently asking for is simple answers.

i've built turbocharged Frankenstein motors before, so i know its not impossible for parts of the same bloodline to be interchangeable.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:00 PM
vnarang

ibtl?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:03 PM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hydroflip
i realize it isnt the same motor. if i wanted to swap parts with the same motor in hopes of making more power, it wouldnt make sense now would it?

if i wanted a cosworth IM, oversized pistons, or pauter rods, i would get them...but what im currently asking for is simple answers.

i've built turbocharged Frankenstein motors before, so i know its not impossible for parts of the same bloodline to be interchangeable.

What you just said shows you have absolutely no idea what the hell your talking about. What do you mean when you say it "doesn't make sense" to upgrade the stock parts for more power? Do you realize when you sound like an idiot? What your asking for are simple yet VERY STUPID answers to a question you arent even sure of.

What exactly are you looking to do? What it sounds like to me is you want to take engine parts out of a completely different engine and put them in this one..which by my guess would (if possible) be much more expensive on top of being less reliable then swapping in parts he mentioned. If you want a real answer then ask a real question.

Last edited by SnyperZ; 09-02-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 PM
go-fast
Banned

i'm bored....
Attached Thumbnails so what VR38DETT parts are interchangable with our motors?-4051c4afafc9d.jpg  
Old 09-02-2008, 08:20 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by go-fast
i'm bored....
I almost just spit my drink all over the screen!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

subscribing....

Has anyone heard anything about an engine swap?
Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
turismo

The motor alone for the GTR is 20+k. Transmission is 18k. Brakes are 10k(I believe). With the amount of money your going to incur, your better of purchasing a 4.3 stroker.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by turismo
The motor alone for the GTR is 20+k. Transmission is 18k. Brakes are 10k(I believe). With the amount of money your going to incur, your better of purchasing a 4.3 stroker.
Why would he do that? He wants to frankenstein his motor...1 head off of an RB, the other off of a VQ..1 cam from the VR the other 3 from an sr20...and 3 VQ pistons and 3 VR pistons...could turn out to be a pretty sick motor
Old 09-03-2008, 04:27 AM
escobar929

^^^lol why you are at it might as well throw all those on a 2j
Old 09-03-2008, 04:59 AM
civic4982

legitimate question. a lot of snide remarks by people who don't have the answers.

I don't think anyone has broken down this engine yet to see the measurements and check what might be usable on other motors.

interesting idea though.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:19 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
Why would he do that? He wants to frankenstein his motor...1 head off of an RB, the other off of a VQ..1 cam from the VR the other 3 from an sr20...and 3 VQ pistons and 3 VR pistons...could turn out to be a pretty sick motor
^^^ I actually laughed out loud at this~

Edit: Still laughing my *** off.

Last edited by gothchick; 09-03-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:21 AM
hydroflip

Brakes are 10k(I believe). With the amount of money your going to incur, your better of purchasing a 4.3 stroker.[/QUOTE]

i do believe that turismo. just curious for future reasons..like if i lay out a spike strip in front of my house when one passes by then hide the bodies.

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
What you just said shows you have absolutely no idea what the hell your talking about. What do you mean when you say it "doesn't make sense" to upgrade the stock parts for more power? Do you realize when you sound like an idiot? What your asking for are simple yet VERY STUPID answers to a question you arent even sure of.

What exactly are you looking to do? What it sounds like to me is you want to take engine parts out of a completely different engine and put them in this one..which by my guess would (if possible) be much more expensive on top of being less reliable then swapping in parts he mentioned. If you want a real answer then ask a real question.
Listen. Douchebag. you were implying that these were two different motors and it wouldnt be possible. i know it is, or else people who swap their 240s with sr20s wouldnt use rb26dett injectors or fuel pumps. or z32 guys woundnt use GTR calipers.

and if you think im an idiot, tell that to the ASE tests that certified me.

look snyper, im a regular guy, with a regular job, who wants to make a retardedly fast(oxymoron) 350z like everyone else in here. i built my friends 97 tt supra to run 11s on street tires bpu++++++++ i've built my other friends 5th gen 4G63..swapped out the block for a first gen to alleviate crank walk and dropped a shepard tranny when we hit 500hp. i built my own EG hatchback. did my own engine swap, custom turbocharged it to my specs..installed it and tuned it. ran 11s on slicks and stock block then got it stolen right out of my driveway... now that i have a good paying job, i am ready to start over...with a real car.
you have a sick car with a sick setup that is very similar to the route that i want to go. I've followed you gt37r post and i admired that you werent like most of these other guys that get a shop to install parts for you. you and I are one in the same. i just need you to have the patience with me that others had with you in the past. just like you I'm learning everyday, and it takes questions to give me the answers.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

^Just stop while you're ahead.

btw, IBTL...
Old 09-03-2008, 07:46 AM
JS04

....ok so short answer would be NO. VR38 is completly different from VQ35..........oh and IBTL!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:49 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I hear the Chevy LS7 is pretty thug nasty; can we swap in any parts from that?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:56 AM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by civic4982
legitimate question. a lot of snide remarks by people who don't have the answers.

I don't think anyone has broken down this engine yet to see the measurements and check what might be usable on other motors.

interesting idea though.
Idiot #2. You obviously have a clue on what hes asking...because none of us do.

-He doesnt want to upgrade to forged parts..that would be stupid
-He wants to frankenstein his motor....
-He needs more power because his 60's suck and so does his traction
-He says im a douche bag because I dont understand what hes saying.

I feel like im at the special olympics trying to explain one of the events to ...someone who has no damn clue what im talking about and never will.

Jamez made a good point...youd make a sh*t load of power if you could get ALL the pistons from the LS7 into one of these blocks....the car would haul ***.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Blwn_By_Twins

Look man, just fall in line and do what everybody else does and buy a TT kit. Why do something original and stand out? Why be different. You should be just like everybody else and if your not then you'll be hounded by everyone that is.......until you've stared building it then they'll swing from your nuts!

Sorry if I pissed anybody off. I just hate when people get treated like *******s when asking a question. Wouldn't just be easier to ignore him if you don't like the question he's asking???

Old 09-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Z04

Old 09-03-2008, 10:24 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by gsxrjohn
Look man, just fall in line and do what everybody else does and buy a TT kit. Why do something original and stand out? Why be different. You should be just like everybody else and if your not then you'll be hounded by everyone that is.......until you've stared building it then they'll swing from your nuts!

Sorry if I pissed anybody off. I just hate when people get treated like *******s when asking a question. Wouldn't just be easier to ignore him if you don't like the question he's asking???

Everyone is jumping on this kids *** because he asked some dumb questions. Forget the part about his 60' sucking. Why you you want the fuel pump from GT-R? There are so many other alternatives I can't imagine why you'd want this. I'm all about being different, but I think a little research is in order.

Also, did anyone ponder where you could order R35 parts from? I imagine they may be tough to come by.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:53 AM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
Also, did anyone ponder where you could order R35 parts from? I imagine they may be tough to come by.

Sorry, reading this retarded post temporarily reduced my IQ 80%...so I didn't get a chance to even think of that part.

Quick Reply: so what VR38DETT parts are interchangable with our motors?