Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

vortech is being a pain in the ass.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 AM
jamie805

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do believe that we did speak on Monday. You just didnt like the fact that you had to send the unit in for us to look at.

Jamie
Old 09-17-2008, 08:43 AM
wenlipai

Originally Posted by express705
heres an update for you.

my car is NOT driveable right now. i cant go anywhere. so im stuck.

i called to speak this guy that ive been dealing with. sure.. they put me on hold. i get his voicemail. no good. i want him, not voicemail.

so i call back, she tells me shes limited in what she can do. i said, well, i dont have a car that works. you do. whose limited now? she had nothing to say. again, i ask to speak with todd.

todd armstrong, the CHEIF OF OPERATIONS, isnt even in the building. the operator told me comes in at all different times. so basically, i said, "so you all do what you want around there, and it sure does show in the work quality that you do." then she got pissy with me. so i asked for SOMEONE in charge of SOMETHING. so i SPECIFICALLY asked to speak with a PERSON, not a answering machine. thats too difficult. ive been patient. ive played by their rules.

not anymore. its my turn. im not going to be pushed around, and im not going to take this blower back. vortechs customer service basically SUCKS. flat out blows. i wish i knew this before i bought it. i would have gotten a stillen. im just going to keep calling back, until the operator is tired of hearing my voice and FINALLY lets me speak to todd armstrong... the guy who SPECIFICALLY told me to call him back. do you tell people to call you back and then ignore their calls or messages? i think not. at least in my business, thats not how it works.

ive got no problem with giving vortech a bad name like im doing now. they havent proven anything to me. the blower is 2 months old. they cant even get it right. 2 months this thing lasts?? are you serious?

please....

i believe i have the support of EVERYONE on the forum with a vortech blower.

please, if i have your support, speak up.

i know how you feel man, i called to vortech when my blower was in repair for like 20 times a days, and always to Voice mail, and i press 0 zero to transfer to the operator, and she says wait.... or hold on..... mmm... i spent like 250 USD dollars of internationall calls plus 430 usd for repair and sending back , and has no any ONE CALL from them, but after 4 weeks of calling and waiting they finally told me "will ship out next week" but vortech service center is a PITA!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:43 AM
express705

Originally Posted by jamie805
I do believe that we did speak on Monday. You just didnt like the fact that you had to send the unit in for us to look at.

Jamie
no ****.

does anyone else like having to go through the trouble that i have been going through?

can you yourself explain to me just WHY my blower has this rattle after just 2 months of being in your hands to be repaired???
Old 09-17-2008, 08:50 AM
SIN3

Jamie
Jaime dont mind him he is just fustrated. LIke myself my blower was faulty and had to be sent in not once but twice for a defect. But honestly your customer service is not where it should be for the type of product that you put out. I can say that 90% of owners love their kit but when it comes to dealing with anyone at your location they are less than friendly. I can understand the large amount of calls and work you deal with each day but that might be the reason members come off wrong, so dont take it the wrong way. Thanks for posting.

Steven
4 year vortech owner (50k on blower and still boosting)
Old 09-17-2008, 08:55 AM
klimaxx805

perfect example..... you work for vortech in sales?

funny.. this thread isnt about selling blowers.

off task on the job?

or is it a day off? i sure hope so.

WOW you really just don't want to be helped do you? Part of my job is monitoring different forums.

Funny how you said you talked to someone here this morning when he wasn't even here yet. You failed to mention that you were given our UPS account number to send the blower back to us on our dime.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:56 AM
express705

im not sending the blower back without knowing whats going on.

i was put to voicemail 3 times. i spoke to the operator.

i spoke to todd on monday.

anything else?

and klimaxx805, this is EXACTLY the type of customer service NO ONE LIKES.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:00 AM
jamie805

yes, i can explain it after i look at the unit. asking me over the phone is like asking me to guess at what color shoes your wearing at the moment.. I understand that he is frustrated and i have no problem with that but i can not give answers to something i can not see first hand. He has a noise.. ok.. but the blower is not the only moving part on the car. If your so sure it is coming from the blower have you removed the belt that drives it to see if the noise goes away? you know the saying.. you attract more bees with honey? or something like that.. well its hard to get your way when you call and verbally abuse people over the phone... There is a written warranty for a reason and it applies to all product not just to certain people. The supercharger you have has been here once in the year and a half you have owned it. All be it that it was here only a month ago for a repair does not change the fact that in order for me to inspect it i need to have it here first. If im not mistaken when you talked to Todd on monday after you were not happy with my wanting you to send the unit in for me to inspect. he worked out something for you yet it does not seem like you are happy with that now. So as to how I can help you with the problem... im at a loss.

by the way your unit was recieved 5/30/08 last time it was here. it shipped back to you on 6/11/08 over night freight. correct me if im wrong but that does not look like 3 weeks to me.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:00 AM
express705

and as for you monitoring different forums,

check out g35driver.com too.

i firmly believe that i have the support of everyone on both boards. everyone ive spoken to, whether it be through email, telephone, etc. with this same problem has explained what a pain in the *** it is to get fixed.

this is the 2nd time in 2 months, even with this new, repaired blower, that ive had some kind of serious issue that is preventing me from driving my car.

i cant go to work. i cant get the kids to school. cant get myself to school. cant go to the store. i cant do anything except sit here and wait for todd to return my call, or have him answer becuase i keep calling back.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:01 AM
SIN3

Now that you know there is a concern Klimaxx805 can you help out express, even though he is a bit angy dont mind him. Anything would be much appriciated. Thank you for posting.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:02 AM
express705

yes, i can explain it after i look at the unit. asking me over the phone is like asking me to guess at what color shoes your wearing at the moment.. I understand that he is frustrated and i have no problem with that but i can not give answers to something i can not see first hand. He has a noise.. ok.. but the blower is not the only moving part on the car. If your so sure it is coming from the blower have you removed the belt that drives it to see if the noise goes away? you know the saying.. you attract more bees with honey? or something like that.. well its hard to get your way when you call and verbally abuse people over the phone... There is a written warranty for a reason and it applies to all product not just to certain people. The supercharger you have has been here once in the year and a half you have owned it. All be it that it was here only a month ago for a repair does not change the fact that in order for me to inspect it i need to have it here first. If im not mistaken when you talked to Todd on monday after you were not happy with my wanting you to send the unit in for me to inspect. he worked out something for you yet it does not seem like you are happy with that now. So as to how I can help you with the problem... im at a loss.

by the way your unit was recieved 5/30/08 last time it was here. it shipped back to you on 6/11/08 over night freight. correct me if im wrong but that does not look like 3 weeks to me.
yeah i will correct you. it was not sent overnight shipping as promised by someone. it was sent like 3 day shipping, and then came on a day when i was at work (not your fault).
Old 09-17-2008, 09:05 AM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The people that work at vortech must be a bunch of high school drop outs! I called them to ask them about some specific pieces with part numbers regarding some missing parts and they have no idea what is even suposed to be in the kit.... God for bit you need to ask them a technical question, you might as well stare at the black and white manual untill your eyes cross ( about the same effictiveness) All and all vortech, must be hurting due to the ecconomy and that is why they had to hire less qualified people.

You have no problem taking money from people and giving them false hopes on when there car will be fixed, why not be honest and say we have a crack pot operation and we have no idea what we are doing. You might get in a couple weeks, but hell we probally won't even get it right.......
Old 09-17-2008, 09:05 AM
jamie805

atleast until the unit gets here. then im sure we will be doing what ever it was we were going to do for you. at no cost to you of course.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 AM
express705

atleast until the unit gets here. then im sure we will be doing what ever it was we were going to do for you. at no cost to you of course.
ive made it plenty clear.

i DO understand my blower is covered as it is,

but cost is not the issue. its the SERVICE. something was NOT done right when it was repaired a few months ago. the issues with this blower are driving me crazy, but not as crazy as i get when i have to deal with your customer service.

the way i have been treated is not fair. all vortech does is TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:10 AM
SIN3

see thats perfect progress.... thank you for your help.

Sometimes though I cant understand how a company that makes such a well know product that thousand would vouche for could have the worst customer service ever..

I called 3 weeks ago about the self contained new trim blower that you have for my car. I talked to one guy he said he never heard of it, then called back a few hours later and another guy said they dont have it for the G35 yet. But are working on it. I think a few members on the forum have it already...

Not pointing fingers but seriously? $5k+ is allot of money for your kit, there should be some ball scratching involved when customers call.

Last edited by SIN3; 09-17-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:12 AM
GreenGoblin

Ya I called about the T-99 and they said WTF
Old 09-17-2008, 09:21 AM
jamie805

i would have too.. what is a t-99? and what assembly did it come in? Just punched that into my parts tracker and it came up with nothing.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:23 AM
jamie805

The only thing you made clear was that
(1) you were'nt paying for freight to send it in.
(2) you wanted a new unit sent to you.

that was the only thing you made clear when we spoke. i told you i could not do that. the unit needed to be sent into us to be looked at and you were not happy with that.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:27 AM
express705

so todd armstrong just called me.

he was very helpful and understand of my situation. he heard my blower and agreed it pretty bad.

todd armstrong is one of a kind at vortech with dealing with customers. he agreed to replace my blower, and even give me some upgraded bearings so they can handle the pure power of my boost making machine.

i appreciate all the help that todd has given me. i will continue to update this thread with information as todd tells me what exactly went wrong with my blower.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:28 AM
GreenGoblin

DUR DA DUR

Intranetz for that winz
Old 09-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 979 Likes on 742 Posts

i cant go to work. i cant get the kids to school. cant get myself to school. cant go to the store. i cant do anything except sit here and wait for todd to return my call, or have him answer becuase i keep calling back.
to be honest, thats not vortech's problem. You sc'ed your DD without knowing what you were getting into.

IF you spent more time searching this forum youd see its very easy to drive around without your blower on.

all you have to do is:

-disconnect pipe from maf tube, add in a filter, box or more piping and a filter
-run the oil feed line into the return line, zip tie and check daily
-keep the throttle light and rpms low

I ran mine like that for 3 weeks without issue. Sure, i wasnt happy about having to return a blower with 700 miles on it, but thats life sometimes. Now ive got over a year on the blower, 10k miles and shes been boosting fine.

You remind me of my roommate...........he wants vendors to suck his ***** when it comes to stuff like this. Dont rush them, let them work. Youre not the first in line like you think you should be. Calling them daily to harass them = no good.

Quick Reply: vortech is being a pain in the ass.